ADVERTISEMENT

Home Covid treatment suggestions

NotthHillsDawg

National Champion
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2019
Good evening. I tested positive for Covid this afternoon using a rapid test. My symptoms so far are back aches and a little post nasal drip (although I’m not congested). I’ll be 50 at the end of the month and am in average health for my age (also a non-smoker, got the shot when I thought it was the right thing to do but never boosted).

I’d appreciate any suggestions you have about what worked and did not work to speed up recovery or relieve symptoms.

Go Dawgs! And God Bless!

Good evening. I tested positive for Covid this afternoon using a rapid test. My symptoms so far are back aches and a little post nasal drip (although I’m not congested). I’ll be 50 at the end of the month and am in average health for my age (also a non-smoker, got the shot when I thought it was the right thing to do but never boosted).

I’d appreciate any suggestions you have about what worked and did not work to speed up recovery or relieve symptoms.

Go Dawgs! And God Bless!
Your Dr can prescribe a medication, forget the name, that will help with any symptoms and make it more mild. Hopefully you have few symptoms. Our friends who have had it lately have had varied cases. Some very mild, others that last for a couple of weeks. Stay hydrated

Go Dawgs! And God Bless!
Take ivermectin, then keep taking it.

Just my suggestion. It will help get you through it and then help keep you from getting it.

Again, just a suggestion from experience

Your Dr can prescribe a medication, forget the name, that will help with any symptoms and make it more mild. Hopefully you have few symptoms. Our friends who have had it lately have had varied cases. Some very mild, others that last for a couple of weeks. Stay hydrated
I think it’s Paxlovid. Your doctor can prescribe this OP.

Reactions: Boom MFer Dawg
Thank you very much!

Take ivermectin, then keep taking it.

Just my suggestion. It will help get you through it and then help keep you from getting it.

Again, just a suggestion from experience
I appreciate the recommendation. I’ll call my doctor tomorrow and see if I need to see him first.

Reactions: bulldogjones

Go Dawgs! And God Bless!
Call your doctor and advise.

This is a site populated by a bunch of people who started drinking hours ago, a few trolls and various other miscreants.

Call your doc.

Hope it goes smooth for you. Seems to have been everywhere recently. Just went through a lot of our friends and family. Worst of it for all of us only lasted about a day or so for us.

This is a site populated by a bunch of people who started drinking hours ago, a few trolls and various other miscreants.

Call your doc.

Hope it goes smooth for you. Seems to have been everywhere recently. Just went through a lot of our friends and family. Worst of it for all of us only lasted about a day or so for us.
or treat it like a cold unless you have health problems lol

Just tested negative after 12 days but have this irritating cough lingering. I imagine that you have ba5 which is what I’m sure I had. I had sore throat ( felt like strep first 4 days) , fatigue, body aches, and cough. Days 3-5 were the worst but it did linger afterwards DDS. I got an RX for Paxlovid but decided not to take it after reading about the side effects and “rebound” after about 5-7 days once you’re done with the 5 day regime. The earlier you take it the better and it’s not recommended after 5 days from symptom onset so you are on the clock. Overall, I would describe the experience as mostly mild. A bad cold where you just don’t feel right. Mornings and nights were the worst. I powered through it with just advil which really helped and lots of vitamin c, vitamin d, and zinc which may or may not have helped, but since it lasted longer for me I wish I would have just tried the Paxlovid. Definitely read up on it though and ask your doc.

Go Dawgs! And God Bless!
Definitely call your doctor. Pray that your symptoms remain mild.

Reactions: celticdawg

Call your doc.

Funny, having started drinking hours ago and being some form of miscreant, haven’t had a family member or extended family member in two states even hint at Covid.

Cattlemen family in Virginia were recommended ivermectin by their doctor back when Covid broke. I started a regime then also.

When you look at parts of the world where Covid was annihilated, ivermectin was involved.

When someone asks for a suggestion, the answer always seems to be to run to the very people who made decisions where hundreds of thousands died.

Doctors get paid to suggest drugs.

I took advice from a doctor who saw value in advising his friends and family on how to best protect themselves.

Many will keep chasing pharma. Ivermectin costs me about $1.20 a month. It doesn’t line the pockets.

And yes, the doctor suggested the animal version in a 1% solution. It’s the same thing as the human version.

Just saying. I’ll get blasted cause it doesn’t fit the Fauci doctrine, but we are all healthily with no Covid.

Call your provider tomorrow for advice. OTC meds are recommended for basic management of symptoms, i.e. ibuprofen, antihistamines, etc...
Paxlovid is a 5 day course of 3 tablets (2 different kinds) taken morning and evening. Best results are when taken within 5 days of being diagnosed.
I am a hospitalist in Neuroscience at a large main campus hospital in downtown Jacksonville and work in the ER some. Paxlovid has benefits but is not necessary if symptoms are mild and you are in good average health. We are finding that the vaccine has had little benefit in keeping patients from catching SARS-coV-2 multiple times but does possibly lessen symptoms. Those that we've tested (which are in the hundreds over the last 2 years) that were not vaccinated but had the antibody fair about the same. We have great immunologists studying this and presenting this data to continue to understand the long term effects of this disease state on the body as well as the vaccine risk/reward outcomes. Thankfully, SARS-2 and it's mutations are baselining now and is not a top tier priority we are dealing with now in disease state medicine in our ER. Unless you have an immune compromise issue you should do well my friend. We've had patients that were twice dosed and twice boosted still catch if for the third time. All mild symptoms or asymptomatic.

Be well.

Good grief. We need a colds, flu, and Covid board. Or just the Chat.

Go Dawgs! And God

Go Dawgs! And God Bless!
Tylenol every 6 hrs or so and rest. Should be better in 3 days or so. I’m 60 and that worked for me and it wasn’t terrible. Took the taste and smell a couple of weeks to come back!

Go Dawgs! And God Bless!
Why did you test? Serious question. You'll be fine in a couple days.

Reactions: WyoDawg307

Go Dawgs! And God Bless!
Question: why did you test yourself? Prior to Covid, did you ever test yourself when you had a fever or a cold or perhaps thought you had the flu? Not criticizing but it’s an issue that the population has been conditioned to test itself over every sniffle.

Funny, having started drinking hours ago and being some form of miscreant, haven’t had a family member or extended family member in two states even hint at Covid.

Cattlemen family in Virginia were recommended ivermectin by their doctor back when Covid broke. I started a regime then also.

When you look at parts of the world where Covid was annihilated, ivermectin was involved.

When someone asks for a suggestion, the answer always seems to be to run to the very people who made decisions where hundreds of thousands died.

Doctors get paid to suggest drugs.

I took advice from a doctor who saw value in advising his friends and family on how to best protect themselves.

Many will keep chasing pharma. Ivermectin costs me about $1.20 a month. It doesn’t line the pockets.

And yes, the doctor suggested the animal version in a 1% solution. It’s the same thing as the human version.

Just saying. I’ll get blasted cause it doesn’t fit the Fauci doctrine, but we are all healthily with no Covid.
Put me in the Miscreant category.....do not drink much and fight with the Trolls....nice to know what the Mods think of us,,,,except Moosefish....one cool Dude.....

Question: why did you test yourself? Prior to Covid, did you ever test yourself when you had a fever or a cold or perhaps thought you had the flu? Not criticizing but it’s an issue that the population has been conditioned to test itself over every sniffle.
Exactly… great question… I didn’t feel good a few weeks ago and didn’t even entertain testing in my mind consciously or subconsciously… there were people shocked I didn’t run to get a home test… the standard reply will be “because I don’t want to get anyone sick”… but in most instances, I really think it’s because people want to test positive so they can be a victim (or a bigger one), miss work, post I’m sick stuff on social media, and/or for the simply fact they have been brainwashed to believe they must test/track this extremely deadly virus running wild across the world killing everyone in its path… I’m honestly shocked at how easy the masses have been manipulated… scary stuff…

May want to try HIV medicine... here is an interesting one:

Put me in the Miscreant category.....do not drink much and fight with the Trolls....nice to know what the Mods think of us,,,,except Moosefish....one cool Dude.....
What is funny is how all these posters have become experts on viral treatments……….but of course it’s the therapy ABC news recommends.

The therapies that create less financial gain and less governmental control get discounted. Amazing.

Our government mindset is to control, not serve. The citizen must be mindful of this. Elite wealth is created by politicians wishing to control the citizens for power.

Our government has withheld our most abundant energy resource to push agenda and power. It is crippling and destroying businesses and bankrupting families.

But we assume they care for us in regards to Covid? The power that government gained over us and our children in the name of Covid is sickening.

The government will do what it does for power and control.

Again, if you look at the poor countries that had little to no medical resources to fight Covid, and compared it to the US, they survived Covid with far less percentage of contracted cases and percentage of deaths versus population.

Ivermectin was the therapy. As it had been for over 50 years.

But we think the fifth booster is the charm. The government loves you. ABC loves you. Pharma really loves you!

As silly as my post is, it is the straight truth

If you're 50 and healthy, ride it out and get the antibodies for natural immunity. I'm 66 and unvaxed. Got it last December. I had a slight fever at the onset and body aches for a few days like you get with any flu. It was over in 3 days and wasn't that bad.

Last edited:
Exactly… great question… I didn’t feel good a few weeks ago and didn’t even entertain testing in my mind consciously or subconsciously… there were people shocked I didn’t run to get a home test… the standard reply will be “because I don’t want to get anyone sick”… but in most instances, I really think it’s because people want to test positive so they can be a victim (or a bigger one), miss work, post I’m sick stuff on social media, and/or for the simply fact they have been brainwashed to believe they must test/track this extremely deadly virus running wild across the world killing everyone in its path… I’m honestly shocked at how easy the masses have been manipulated… scary stuff…
Kinda explains the holocaust and other horrific events that otherwise are unexplainable.

Reactions: seatonsdawgs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT