ADVERTISEMENT

How many "original" posters are sill on board?

bulldog-paw-up-vector-file-eps-62564388.jpg

Cool. I don’t even know who that is lol.
He was an All-Sec forward on the BBall team a few years ago. Someone on the Studvent was bashing him and I had had enough (and had had too much on the golf course). I’m a bean not a basher, in the old Vent parlance. A Disney Dawg thru and thru. And I don’t cotton to folks who continually bash players.

Reactions: anon_03j5dr7l9qs90
He was an All-Sec forward on the BBall team a few years ago. Someone on the Studvent was bashing him and I had had enough (and had had too much on the golf course). I’m a bean not a basher, in the old Vent parlance. A Disney Dawg thru and thru. And I don’t cotton to folks who continually bash players.
Ah, gotcha.

Reactions: Harry Thornton
I would like to hear from you.
I was griswalddawg during the discussions on how the hedges looked on the website edge. The site was being powered by a server at someone’s employer

I want to say 1996. I had dial up and the grapevine was our salvation, but dang it took a long time to get the screen to update.

The Coffee Shop was awesome for a moment in time. Lived through the 97 class when Coleman went to TN. We were getting hammered by the orange ones.

Depends on how you define an "original poster" on the board. The Vent has been through several forms, different hosts and different owners. A lot of member badges date back to 2001, but I think that was the year they made the Vent a pay site. Until then, the Vent was free and there was a "Premium Football Board" with a much smaller membership. Back then the Vent moved at tremendous speed, and woe be unto you if you dared post news that was more than a few minutes old.

I've been on predecessors to this board since the early to mid 90's when it was known as a bulletin board site. I remember donating money to help buy a new modem to keep it running.

Depends on how you define an "original poster" on the board. The Vent has been through several forms, different hosts and different owners. A lot of member badges date back to 2001, but I think that was the year they made the Vent a pay site. Until then, the Vent was free and there was a "Premium Football Board" with a much smaller membership. Back then the Vent moved at tremendous speed, and woe be unto you if you dared post news that was more than a few minutes old.

I've been on predecessors to this board since the early to mid 90's when it was known as a bulletin board site. I remember donating money to help buy a new modem to keep it running.
The “Vent” was the Chat then. I never paid until Steve twisted my arm after a game show appearance.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
The “Vent” was the Chat then. I never paid until Steve twisted my arm after a game show appearance.
Yes, he only changed the names around so that the high traffic marquee board was the pay site.

It was a brilliant move, marketing wise. Making the Vent the pay site dramatically improved the business model. Steve put the money back into the site, gradually hiring more people to increase and improve the content.

Yes, he only changed the names around so that the high traffic marquee board was the pay site.

It was a brilliant move, marketing wise. Making the Vent the pay site dramatically improved the business model. Steve put the money back into the site, gradually hiring more people to increase and improve the content.
Steve was the best. I’ll say, I love Steve P aka @OregonDawg, from Jeopardy boy. Sorry Zona I just sent out the Bat signal. Steve is the reason I have supported this site for so
long and @Anthony Dasher is the only reason I’m still here. Dash is the best.

I was griswalddawg during the discussions on how the hedges looked on the website edge. The site was being powered by a server at someone’s employer

I want to say 1996. I had dial up and the grapevine was our salvation, but dang it took a long time to get the screen to update.

The Coffee Shop was awesome for a moment in time. Lived through the 97 class when Coleman went to TN. We were getting hammered by the orange ones.
Holy cow - I remember that! And I specifically remember your handle because of the movie Vacation (obviously). I remember sending somebody I had never met $50 to upgrade the computer/server in his basement. Good times. You could click on a link and go make a sandwich while it loaded. My wife had given me our first computer - a Gateway. Seems like yesterday. Alas, I’m now referred to as oulde.
JC

65 Dawg been around from the beginning of time and he has been tucked.. some great photos that have disappeared to prove it but that is life.. 65 Tucked
You are a treasure, a great poster, and an important part of the university which new people on this board don’t know about. They should shut up and respect. Thanks for everything you have done.

Holy cow - I remember that! And I specifically remember your handle because of the movie Vacation (obviously). I remember sending somebody I had never met $50 to upgrade the computer/server in his basement. Good times. You could click on a link and go make a sandwich while it loaded. My wife had given me our first computer - a Gateway. Seems like yesterday. Alas, I’m now referred to as oulde.
JC
I went through a couple of Gateway computers. Best bang for the buck at the time. I think I've still got some old files in a cow box in storage. They are still around, making laptops and tablets.

Reactions: Dawgdocindosta
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT