ADVERTISEMENT

How Ronald Reagan handled protests

Would you care to elaborate????
Sure as a quick summary and in no particular order:

1. No fault divorce

2. Amnesty deal handed Dems California in perpetuity

3. Terrible on the second amendment

4. Convinced middle America that tax breaks for the corporations were good for them. Which has lead to the idea that big business is the friend of right wingers.

Probably the most damning, which tbf to Ronald not his fault, is how for the last 40 years Republicans have been convinced that Reagan’s platform is the winning message while completely ignoring the fact that Reagan was highly charismatic actor whose popularity had very little to do with his platform.

Of course I am being mostly facetious when I saw he was disastrous and would love for him in charge right now. But I think it would behoove the right wing to move on from Ronald Reagan as he was ultimately just one of the long line of conservatives who conserved nothing.

Sure as a quick summary and in no particular order:

1. No fault divorce

2. Amnesty deal handed Dems California in perpetuity

3. Terrible on the second amendment

4. Convinced middle America that tax breaks for the corporations were good for them. Which has lead to the idea that big business is the friend of right wingers.

Probably the most damning, which tbf to Ronald not his fault, is how for the last 40 years Republicans have been convinced that Reagan’s platform is the winning message while completely ignoring the fact that Reagan was highly charismatic actor whose popularity had very little to do with his platform.

Of course I am being mostly facetious when I saw he was disastrous and would love for him in charge right now. But I think it would behoove the right wing to move on from Ronald Reagan as he was ultimately just one of the long line of conservatives who conserved nothing.
Repubs have been a huge disappointment in cutting spending and the size of big government. I hope Ramswammy can have a little influence on Trump in that regard, but I doubt it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT