ADVERTISEMENT

Huge Desantis Fan, but Don't Love The Latest Move

My only guess is that he is just operating under the assumption that Disney fights it in court and wins, but then he will get “credit” for sticking it to Disney.

I think this is it. Disney is going to fight this tooth and nail and as we all know, they have a damn good legal team. DeSantis comes out looking great without any of the tax repercussions.

You don’t deserve to be treated any differently than you are treated. You come in in all your smugness and arrogance claiming to be a voice of independence and intelligence. I am sorry I confused which legislation you were talking about but I am struggling to keep up due to spotty internet here in Europe. However, your statement about the so called “don’t say gay” bill shows just what kind of human you are. The shear sickness of you people that think the govr should force the gay/tranny/no gender crap on young children is disputable. The only free speech being limited by that bill is that of perverts that want to spew their woke liberal trash to children in hopes of brainwashing them. If you want to see intolerant go look at the Christian bakers shut down by the gays that couldn’t just use another baker. Their is nothing enlightened or tolerant about the gay movement. Y’all are determined to force that agenda on everyone. I keep my love life in my bedroom. Why must gays throw their perversion out in the middle of the street in broad daylight and demand everyone including young children watch? Yes, they are perverted. It is not natural. No I don’t say anything to anyone in public or even privately about their sin. I don’t want them hunted down and jailed or shot. I just want them to stop trying to force their perversion into main stream.
I will tell you flatly when I will show you real intolerance,, go ahead and try to practice what you think is free speech and talk to one of my grandchildren about that junk.
So you are saying that you want to limit free speech if you don't agree with what is being said. Well, I knew you agreed with DeSantis in limiting speech he didn't agree with so that's no surprise. In fact you always disagree with people who don't agree with you. Over and over and over with no respect and yes, you have told us who you have no respect for.

I'm not forcing any agenda on you; that's a bunch of crap. You just don't want it to exist - okay, we got it. I don't know what gays you know, but to say they show affection in the street when it. occurs no more than heterosexual couples showing affection in public. But we know you are intolerant.

And why would I ever talk to your grandchildren about this? What is the point of your last statement? Actually, I would feel sorry for your grandchildren for you teaching them what you say here.

Reactions: shonuff253
So if a gay person has any interaction with one of your grandkids you're going to show them "real intolerance"?
What a twist of my worlds. If a govt or liberal instigator like you try to indoctrinate them. I don’t hate gay people. I hate their sin. Just like I don’t hate alcoholics. Keep it to yourself. Don’t try to make your perversion normal. It is not and it is not your or the govt place to decide what is taught to someone else’s children. .

So you are saying that you want to limit free speech if you don't agree with what is being said. Well, I knew you agreed with DeSantis in limiting speech he didn't agree with so that's no surprise. In fact you always disagree with people who don't agree with you. Over and over and over with no respect and yes, you have told us who you have no respect for.

I'm not forcing any agenda on you; that's a bunch of crap. You just don't want it to exist - okay, we got it. I don't know what gays you know, but to say they show affection in the street when it. occurs no more than heterosexual couples showing affection in public. But we know you are intolerant.

And why would I ever talk to your grandchildren about this? What is the point of your last statement? Actually, I would feel sorry for your grandchildren for you teaching them what you say here.
You are the one claiming that teaching young children the perversion of homosexuality is a free speech matter.

As far as Disney goes, I hope they go broke just like you leftist have threatened and boycotted business that have supported or even advertised on a conservative program. You leftist preach hard but the lesson is always for others. You never practice what you preach Bunch of hypocrites.

As far as my children grand children go. They are very successful. I’ve done a good job. They see the world as it is Not in some woke la la bull crap way. I have an interventional radiologist a dentist, a lawyer and an emergency room nurse. What you got skippy?

You are the one claiming that teaching young children the perversion of homosexuality is a free speech matter.

As far as Disney goes, I hope they go broke just like you leftist have threatened and boycotted business that have supported or even advertised on a conservative program. You leftist preach hard but the lesson is always for others. You never practice what you preach Bunch of hypocrites.

As far as my children grand children go. They are very successful. I’ve done a good job. They see the world as it is Not in some woke la la bull crap way. I have an interventional radiologist a dentist, a lawyer and an emergency room nurse. What you got skippy?
You are wrong on so many bases, but that's not new.

First of all homosexuality is not a perversion, but we know you are prejudiced no matter what you try and say. And where is this teaching of this? People like you just blow everything into something bigger than it is. I would say that it's individuals who engage in inappropriate "relationships" with young children. And I have said before, these people should be stopped and punished.

I don't think Disney will go bankrupt, but I have never owned their stock. Yes, people organize boycotts, but I have never participated, but you put me in that group. Why? Because, you don't care for people who don't agree with you. See, you did it again.

Go back and read what I said in my last paragraph. I didn't say anything about success, but again you are projecting something without caring what is actually being said. And, by the way, plenty of supposedly successful people are pedophiles so that doesn't say anything about what kind of person they are. People who are brought up being prejudiced often stay that way no matter how they appear to the public in general.

You are wrong on so many bases, but that's not new.

First of all homosexuality is not a perversion, ...
PERVERSION:
1. the alteration of something from its original course, meaning, or state to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended.

So, an ass was intended to have a whanger in it? ... or just your ass?

Reactions: kdsdawg and Spe77
PERVERSION:
1. the alteration of something from its original course, meaning, or state to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended.

So, an ass was intended to have a whanger in it? ... or just your ass?
You have previously declared yourself to be the head of the Homophobic Club, so this is no surprise.

Looks like you have one new member already and I'm sure more will join you.

You have previously declared yourself to be the head of the Homophobic Club, so this is no surprise.

Looks like you have one new member already and I'm sure more will join you.
What about answering the question? Deflection is not an answer. You say homosexuality is not a perversion. That is a lie. I just showed it to you.
You serve the master of lies and hide within his putrid cloak.

Last edited:
Reactions: sallen4250
What about answering the question? Deflection is not an answer. You say homosexuality is not a perversion. That is a lie. I just showed it to you.
You serve the master of lies and hide within his putrid cloak.
You are not getting an answer to your asinine question.

No problem with your definition. Nothing is altered or a corruption. You may think there is only "one way", but that's not true so it doesn't fit your definition.

That is your opinion, and any other non true Christian.
There you go again and try to put everyone who is non a true Christian (and I don't even know what you mean by that) into one definition and you are going to fail every time.

I am definitely not a true Christian and it is my opinion.

You are not getting an answer to your asinine question.

No problem with your definition. Nothing is altered or a corruption. You may think there is only "one way", but that's not true so it doesn't fit your definition.
That is not "my" definition. That is "the" definition in the English language.

Reactions: sallen4250
There you go again and try to put everyone who is non a true Christian (and I don't even know what you mean by that) into one definition and you are going to fail every time.

At least we finally agree on something.

Do you pray for people who ask you to? If so, who are you praying to? If it’s God, how did you find Him? Or, are you just making one up?

Do you pray for people who ask you to? If so, who are you praying to? If it’s God, how did you find Him? Or, are you just making one up?
In spite of your attempt to insult me, I'll answer your question to end this discussion. I often do and am praying to my God. I am Jewish by birth as I have said before and have not changed religions while I have some knowledge of various religions and my wife is follows a different religion. So I have a God, but I am not a Christian so will not agree with some things. Hope this helps and that is all I have to say on this issue.

In spite of your attempt to insult me, I'll answer your question to end this discussion. I often do and am praying to my God. I am Jewish by birth as I have said before and have not changed religions while I have some knowledge of various religions and my wife is follows a different religion. So I have a God, but I am not a Christian so will not agree with some things. Hope this helps and that is all I have to say on this issue.
So homosexuality isn’t a sin to the Jews? Are you sure? Have you read the Torah? Or are you your own made up version of Judaism? Does your religious beliefs change as the progressive narrative changes?

Are you an Orthodox Jew? Do you wear a Yamaka? Or do you cherry pick the religion?

Jews find it difficult to stand up for anything controversial. Their long history of being ostracized has made them very laissez faire, even conservative Judaism. Moral turpitude no longer has meaning within Judaism.
My family was conservative Jews up until the mid 16th century when they migrated from Germany to Scotland and eventually became Presbyterians before coming to the colonies in 1679. That history has spurred me to study Judaism to some extent and is the reason I know what I posted here.

Jews find it difficult to stand up for anything controversial. Their long history of being ostracized has made them very laissez faire, even conservative Judaism. Moral turpitude no longer has meaning within Judaism.
My family was conservative Jews up until the mid 16th century when they migrated from Germany to Scotland and eventually became Presbyterians before coming to the colonies in 1679. That history has spurred me to study Judaism to some extent and is the reason I know what I posted here.
Matthew 27:25 says a lot about how they have been treated throughout history.

Everyone satisfied?

Everyone satisfied?
The RINO won't be ... because his agenda is not Disney at all. It is destroying the MAGA movement and restoring the old "get paid well and lose gracefully republican scam (Romneyism).

Reactions: adam17
I'll get back to the "Disney" issue, but you have nailed it. Politicians who are running for office, make decisions to aid themselves in future elections. DeSantis is very calculating and everything he does is for what he sees his voters want. He has done things which are unconstitutional and it doesn't matter if he loses in court (after the taxpayers have to pay for this nonsense). Here's one clear example.

A few years ago the Florida Constitution was amended to require the voters to approve any further changes to gambling in the State of Florida (the amendment was supposed by over 70% of the voters). Last year he decided to go ahead and make a new agreement with the Seminole Tribe regarding their gambling, specifically allowing sports gambling for the first time. This is not allowed but they refused to back down. There are some nuances to the issue, but eventually the courts forced them to shut it down. I mention this because I am in favor of gambling and welcomed the online betting, but it was clearly illegal. But that didn't stop DeSantis.

Other issues have to go through the legislature, but so much is clearly done because DeSantis says so. Let's take the new districts required because of the change in census. This is the job of the legislature and remember the House and Senate have both been controlled by the Republicans for a while. During the past session, new districts were approved (obviously favoring the Republicans and that's how it goes in any state to the controlling party). But DeSantis wouldn't accept that and vetoed it. So we get to spend money for a special session. The legislature didn't even propose new districts but bowed to DeSantis' districts (don't want to piss this Governor off or you know what will happen). Guess what, he cut the predominant African American districts in half to reduce their power. This is headed to the courts while some politicians don't even know what districts to run in.

So after Disney pissed off DeSantis (I don't see any need to go into that here) suddenly he "made" the legislature take away the special district created for the establishment of DisneyWorld. If this was not done, Walt would have gone somewhere else and some state would have given him what he wanted. For the most part, it cut out the "red tape" they would have to go through in the building process then and in the future. It didn't mean they avoided building codes, etc. because that wasn't their goal. It's unclear what is going to happen here. The Florida Constitution says the district can only be dissolved by the voters of that district, but the new legislation tries to void that. If this stands, then Orange and Osceola County governments will be responsible for providing services such as fire and police (according to every legal opinion I have read). Whatever is owed by the Reedy Creek District will become a burden of those governments. The amount is unclear, but I have seen between $1 and $2 billion.

They also took away protection they had given Disney last year when they went after Twitter and other social media companies. Of course the main reason for the legislation was because some politician was banned from Twitter (but we're not allowed to mention his name anymore I'm told). I don't think Disney was entitled to this, but they do employ a lot of lobbyists and made contributions (of course, the legislation was to get approval from voters).

Look, it's politics from both parties and it sucks. That's what elections are for.
Here is the actual situation.

Reactions: adam17
Here is the actual situation.
Did you actual read that article or just get excited about the headline? It doesn't change what I said about the situation with the redistricting. The lawsuit over what DeSantis proposed and signed is still in the courts. Nothing has been decided about that. I'm not claiming what is going to happen.

Look at the federal case that was dropped (it's called getting the facts). As the article says the Legislature would not be able to usher a congressional map into law and filed suit to have the judges step in. But since we now have the new districts "the specific relief from malapportionment sought ... in their Complaint is no longer required.

But the case, in State courts, saying that DeSantis' map violates the law has not been decided.

The other federal case that was dropped criticized DeSantis' meddling in the process. I agree with that thought, but that's not unusual and I don't see where the case had any merit.

So the "actual situation" that I described is still the actual situation.

Did you actual read that article or just get excited about the headline? It doesn't change what I said about the situation with the redistricting. The lawsuit over what DeSantis proposed and signed is still in the courts. Nothing has been decided about that. I'm not claiming what is going to happen.

Look at the federal case that was dropped (it's called getting the facts). As the article says the Legislature would not be able to usher a congressional map into law and filed suit to have the judges step in. But since we now have the new districts "the specific relief from malapportionment sought ... in their Complaint is no longer required.

But the case, in State courts, saying that DeSantis' map violates the law has not been decided.

The other federal case that was dropped criticized DeSantis' meddling in the process. I agree with that thought, but that's not unusual and I don't see where the case had any merit.

So the "actual situation" that I described is still the actual situation.
I always read what I post. I was not arguing. But Florida is my home and I pay attention to what is happening here.
The federal suit was dropped because it had no purpose. The state case is a hail Mary.
And, given that the Governor's reasoning in vetoing the original bill from the legislature is rock solid, I expect the DNC mouthpiece Elias to get his ass handed to him in state court also. Did you see what just happened in NY? The RATs tried the same thing they are trying in FL and the NY Supreme Court ruled against them.
We don't go for Harvard professors drawing up our districts. Nor do we like the criminal Holder sticking his dirty money into trying to gerrymander our sate by race to create districts which are really just "power pockets" and will have blacks exclusively representing the district in perpetuity. That is what gerrymandering by race aims to accomplish. It is illegal.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT