ADVERTISEMENT

I am trying to look at the best part of all Americans these days, but I have to be honest friends...

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
It's kind of hard for me to believe that Ann Coulter and conservative radio talk jock Jay Weber did not know Walz' son had some kind of disorder. I did not know his son had anything wrong with him until I saw him at the convention. I'm not a doctor, but I could immediately tell that he likely had a mental disorder. Really strange to me that both have given a "I had no idea" excuse for their tweets during Tim's speech.

Coulter tweeted this as Tim Walz was speaking at the DNC: “Talk about weird." It was captioned with a pic of Gus Walz in tears and applauding his father.

Coulter later gave a non-apology apology blaming the Democrats: “I took it down as soon as someone told me he’s [autistic], but it’s Democrats who go around calling everyone weird thinking it’s hilariously funny,”

I just find it hard to believe she didn't recognize Gus Walz had some type of disorder or at least had some inkling that he might.

Jay Weber tweeted this during the Walz speech: "Sorry, but this is embarrassing for both father and son," Weber wrote. "If the Walzs represent today's American man, this country is screwed; 'Meet my son, Gus. He's a blubbering bitch boy. His mother and I are very proud.'"

To his credit, Weber did give a legit apology in comparison to Coulter's. But still, just hard for me to believe you wouldn't have at least had some inkling that Gus Walz didn't have a disorder.

And I would say even if he didn't have a disorder, you would still be an adult picking on a 17 year old kid who is only there because his father chose this occupation. Democrats are calling Republican candidates weird. People who have chosen the occupation and have said some really strange things to the media. Candidates on both sides put themselves in the crosshairs to be targeted with attacks. It comes with the job. And please don't blame me when the next politician is actually targeted with a gun. You're smart enough to know that's not what was meant.

And then there's Dinesh D'Souza. The guy who had his movie and book about "the election steal" pulled because he couldn't substantiate his claims. He obviously knew something was wrong with Tim's son but did it anyway. And while he said he was making fun of Tim Walz, using his son and his disability to do it is reprehensible.

I hope we all can be better. I'm trying.

Last edited:
It's kind of hard for me to believe that Ann Coulter and conservative radio talk jock Jay Weber did not know Walz' son had some kind of disorder. I did not know his son had anything wrong with him until I saw him at the convention. I'm not a doctor, but I could immediately tell that he likely had a mental disorder. Really strange to me that both have given a "I had no idea" excuse for their tweets during Tim's speech.

Coulter tweeted this as Tim Walz was speaking at the DNC: “Talk about weird." It was captioned with a pic of Gus Walz in tears and applauding his father.

Coulter later gave a non-apology apology blaming the Democrats: “I took it down as soon as someone told me he’s [autistic], but it’s Democrats who go around calling everyone weird thinking it’s hilariously funny,”

I just find it hard to believe she didn't recognize Gus Walz had some type of disorder or at least had some inkling that he might.

Jay Weber tweeted this during the Walz speech: "Sorry, but this is embarrassing for both father and son," Weber wrote. "If the Walzs represent today's American man, this country is screwed; 'Meet my son, Gus. He's a blubbering bitch boy. His mother and I are very proud.'"

To his credit, Weber did give a legit apology in comparison to Coulter's. But still, just hard for me to believe you wouldn't have at least had some inkling that Gus Walz didn't have a disorder.

And I would say even if he didn't have a disorder, you would still be an adult picking on a 17 year old kid who is only there because his father chose this occupation. Democrats are calling Republican candidates weird. People who have chosen the occupation and have said some really strange things to the media. Candidates on both sides put themselves in the crosshairs to be targeted with attacks. It comes with the job. And please don't blame me when the next politician is actually targeted with a gun. You're smart enough to know that's not what was meant.

And then there's Dinesh D'Souza. The guy who had his movie and book about "the election steal" pulled because he couldn't substantiate his claims. He obviously knew something was wrong with Tim's son but did it anyway. And while he said he was making fun of Tim Walz, using his son and his disability to do it is reprehensible.

You’re not wrong. Anyone who made fun of the kid should apologize immediately without a qualifiers.

I agree. But we also spend way too much time worrying about what other people are saying.

The media voice isn’t real, though we treat it as so.

Reading you post was the first time I even realized he had a son. I honestly don’t watch conventions or network news. I have seen pictures of him speaking, but didn’t even realize.

To comment on your post premise, Ann Coulter has an opinion and speaks words to create interest. It’s the industry. We seek talking heads rather than news, and journalism has shifted hard in opinionated news.

So the words spoken are to drive attention. The son spoke, as did Trumps granddaughter, to portray the two men as regular guys, with normal lives we all face. It’s all part of the media production.

His son is very brave for speaking to the convention. Any Dad would/should be proud of him.

But don’t expect the political media to care.

Coulter and Weber obviously don’t speak for or represent the average GOP voter. I haven’t seen Coulter on air in years and she was once a Fox News regular. If I’m not mistaken she is not a Trump fan and has been very vocal about it.
They’re both shock jocks that just like to stir the pot for their own careers. I put them in the same category as Joy Reed or the ladies on The View. All should be ashamed of their hate speech and hurtful rhetoric.

Coulter and Weber obviously don’t speak for or represent the average GOP voter. I haven’t seen Coulter on air in years and she was once a Fox News regular. If I’m not mistaken she is not a Trump fan and has been very vocal about it.
They’re both shock jocks that just like to stir the pot for their own careers. I put them in the same category as Joy Reed or the ladies on The View. All should be ashamed of their hate speech and hurtful rhetoric.
Hi brother. I never intended to say they speak for the average GOP voter. My point is just the ugliness of all of this, and how we treat each other, moves the needle to the point that the extreme voice must go even more extreme and we are in a dark place. We all need to do better.
I agree. But we also spend way too much time worrying about what other people are saying.

The media voice isn’t real, though we treat it as so.

Reading you post was the first time I even realized he had a son. I honestly don’t watch conventions or network news. I have seen pictures of him speaking, but didn’t even realize.

To comment on your post premise, Ann Coulter has an opinion and speaks words to create interest. It’s the industry. We seek talking heads rather than news, and journalism has shifted hard in opinionated news.

So the words spoken are to drive attention. The son spoke, as did Trumps granddaughter, to portray the two men as regular guys, with normal lives we all face. It’s all part of the media production.

His son is very brave for speaking to the convention. Any Dad would/should be proud of him.

But don’t expect the political media to care.
You have to get your news from somewhere, friend. And you are getting from some type of media. You can say it's not the mainstream media, so therefore it's true. But you are getting it from somewhere and it is also media. I would assume none of us here have friends inside both campaigns to know what's really going on. I had this exact convo with a person I'm very close to who said they no longer follow any news, even Fox. When I said then how do you know what's going on, there was this long pause. Then "Truth Social and NewsMax tell it like it is".
His son did not speak. His son was simply in the audience, applauding his father, crying and saying "That's my dad". You know, the family stuff that Vance talks about, friend. I mean part of the problem here is you're responding to something that you did not even see and obviously read into something I said above that's not there.

I’m not on Twitter. Don’t care.
I don't follow Twitter for politics My follows are all sports related. But I read articles and this popped up. You may not care, but social media is becoming more and more where people are getting "news" from and forming opinions. D'Souza hasn't even taken his tweet down as that's why I can still link to it.

I'm not trying to say you should care or not. I'm just saying that because you don't follow it doesn't mean that it's not affecting how people think and what they do and what they think is okay or in the bounds of decency. Someone in the fifties could've said I don't watch TV, I listen to radio. Many people watch no TV, read no newspapers and just get their news from extremely slanted podcasts or Twitter feeds. That's both sides.

The kinds of things Ann said two decades ago to get people riled up are what 95% of Republicans are saying now anyways. That's why she has to go farther.

Reactions: celticdawg
I don't follow Twitter for politics My follows are all sports related. But I read articles and this popped up. You may not care, but social media is becoming more and more where people are getting "news" from and forming opinions. D'Souza hasn't even taken his tweet down as that's why I can still link to it.

I'm not trying to say you should care or not. I'm just saying that because you don't follow it doesn't mean that it's not affecting how people think and what they do and what they think is okay or in the bounds of decency. Someone in the fifties could've said I don't watch TV, I listen to radio. Many people watch no TV, read no newspapers and just get their news from extremely slanted podcasts or Twitter feeds. That's both sides.

The kinds of things Ann said two decades ago to get people riled up are what 95% of Republicans are saying now

Help me out here, man. I wasn’t following Ann Coulter two decades ago. What kind of things was she saying back then that 95% of Republicans are saying now? Could you elaborate on that?

Last edited:
Help me out here, man. I wasn’t following and culture two decades ago. What kind of things was she saying back then that 95% of Republicans are saying now? Could you elaborate on that?
Things like replacement theory, she's get close to that kind of stuff and you'd hear groans from the audience. Now you just say it. Carlson, nor Laura Ingraham were touching that 15 years ago.

She was calling newspapers and news networks the enemy of the people long before Trump actually said it as president. Understand that presidents from both sides of the aisle rejected this after Trump said it and they all said it's not true and dangerous for the POTUS to say that.

Conspiracy theories: Rampant now in conservative circles, Ann's been doing them for years: "There is a growing body of evidence that radiation in excess of what the government says are the minimum amounts you should be exposed to are actually good for you and reduce cases of cancer."

Things like replacement theory, she's get close to that kind of stuff and you'd hear groans from the audience. Now you just say it. Carlson, nor Laura Ingraham were touching that 15 years ago.

She was calling newspapers and news networks the enemy of the people long before Trump actually said it as president. Understand that presidents from both sides of the aisle rejected this after Trump said it and they all said it's not true and dangerous for the POTUS to say that.

Conspiracy theories: Rampant now in conservative circles, Ann's been doing them for years: "There is a growing body of evidence that radiation in excess of what the government says are the minimum amounts you should be exposed to are actually good for you and reduce cases of cancer."

Reactions: WGrovedawg
Help me out here, man. I wasn’t following and culture two decades ago. What kind of things was she saying back then that 95% of Republicans are saying now? Could you elaborate on that?
Ok, so 95% of Republicans are out there talking about dangerous radiation and replacement theory.
Can we agree Ann Coulter is a nut job and doesn’t represent the broader GOP, or would you like to check out our super duper 100% broader brush over on aisle nine?

Ok, so 95% of Republicans are out there talking about dangerous radiation and replacement theory.
Can we agree Ann Coulter is a nut job and doesn’t represent the broader GOP, or would you like to check out our super duper 100% broader brush over on aisle nine?

I am sure coulter and Weber had no idea when they said this kind of thing. They have been around a long time. Likely wouldn’t be around a long time if they believed like this. Oh and dinesh is a moron more often than not.

Glad to see they admitted they were wrong. If it wasn’t a strong enough apology shame on them. This kind of thing should be out of bounds. He is very young as well. Even more reason to move on.

You know friend. I am so glad you point this out now. Only one sided. As if it hasnt occurred before. This whole thing is a weird response. Jd Vance was called this because of his child advocacy views. I can’t believe none of these folks saw the movie about his life. He was an abused kid who bounced around while his drug addict mom got hers. No one mentions why he may feel so strongly. Spawned this whole rhetoric which leads to stuff like this.

Eric and don jr are certainly targets for the left. They are also front and center. I don’t think they should be off limits. But in the witch hunt both of them received 5 million dollar fines from letits James even though they weren’t even a party to the loan. His daughter escaped this. Why? Politically doing this to a woman wouldn’t have won them any points. This is the dirty place we have sunk to as a whole. In past years, I am quite sure hunter is out of bounds. No way he could be with the laptop however.

I have said it so many times till I am sick. Some civility would be nice. Rhetoric likely lead to the attempted assassination of Trump. If not this time, it certainly did the first time he was elected and an attempt was made on his life. (did you know two attempts had been made?). Trump is guilty as can be too of this same thing. The attacks from him are childish, and has turned politics into mudlsinging. The whole dnc was not a celebration of policy and moving America forward. It was a celebration of an attack on one person. It’s time for the gloves to come back on. For a week we seemed to learn that lesson. Despite the despicable I am sorry you missed comments. Would give your trolling new personality more credence if it weren’t so one sided. Or even real.

Last edited:
Guess I’m among the 5%.
No, you’re wrong virtually all of us who love our kids and work our jobs and pay our effing taxes are not lunatics out there talking about radiation and replacement theory.
Please tell us more about how the disaster that is California and the snitch lines and tampons in boys bathrooms in Minnesota are gonna save the country.

I am sure coulter and Weber had no idea when they said this kind of thing. They have been around a long time. Likely wouldn’t be around a long time if they believed like this. Oh and dinesh is a moron more often than not.

Glad to see they admitted they were wrong. If it wasn’t a strong enough apology shame on them. This kind of thing should be out of bounds. He is very young as well. Even more reason to move on.

You know friend. I am so glad you point this out now. Only one sided. As if it hasnt occurred before. This whole thing is a weird response. Jd Vance was called this because of his child advocacy views. I can’t believe none of these folks saw he movie about his life. He was an abused kid who bounced around while his drug addict mom got hers. No one mentions why he may feel so strongly. Spawned this whole rhetoric which leads to stuff like this.

Eric and don jr are certainly targets for the left. They are also front and center. I don’t think they should be off limits. But in the witch hunt both of them received 5 million dollar fines from letits James even though they weren’t even a party to the loan. Lara trump escaped this. Why? Politically doing this to a woman wouldn’t have won them any points. This is the dirty place we have sunk to as a whole. In past years, I am quite sure hunter is out of bounds. No way he could be with the laptop however.

I have said it so many times till I am sick. Some civility would be nice. Rhetoric likely lead to the attempted assassination of Trump. If not this time, it certainly did the first time he was elected and an attempt was made in his life. Trump is guilty as can be too of this same thing. The whole dnc was not a celebration of policy and moving America forward. It was a celebration of an attack on one person. It’s time for the gloves to come back on. For a week we seemed to learn that lesson. Despite the despicable I am sorry you missed comments. Would give your trolling new personality more credence if it weren’t so one sided.
First paragraph response: Again, they have to be pretty obtuse mentally not to pick up on it. But okay, friend.

Second paragraph: She never said she was wrong. She just said Democrats used weird first or something like that. I put it up there, friend. That's not an apology. Dinesh, who may be the most well known of the three currently, didn't even bother to delete it and defended it when called out.

Third paragraph: Donald Trump's kids are adults, don't have a disability as far as we know, support him politically very openly and have blurted out their own insults at others. Completely different deal. There were some social media types that said some things about Barron years ago, but I don't think there were any radio hosts, authors, etc. doing it. Chelsea Clinton came to his defense. I find this to be another false equivalency, friend.

Fourth paragraph: Trump ramped all of this stuff up in 2016. You can go back and look at debates, campaign speeches, the conventions, etc. None of this was like this ten years ago and further back. As my friend said to me the other day. "My kids think this is what politics is. That this is what a presidential race looks like. That this is normal. I tried to tell them that this is not normal. This has only been this way for three campaigns. And the campaigns all have one thing in common." His kids are 14, 16, and 18.

• Haha
Reactions: cherrydawg
Guess I’m among the 5%.
No, you’re wrong virtually all of us who love our kids and work our jobs and pay our effing taxes are not lunatics out there talking about radiation and replacement theory.
Please tell us more about how the disaster that is California and the snitch lines and tampons in boys bathrooms in Minnesota are gonna save the

You know friend. I am so glad you point this out now. Only one sided. As if it hasnt occurred before. This whole thing is a weird response. Jd Vance was called this because of his child advocacy views. I can’t believe none of these folks saw the movie about his life. He was an abused kid who bounced around while his drug addict mom got hers. No one mentions why he may feel so strongly. Spawned this whole rhetoric which leads to stuff like this.

Eric and don jr are certainly targets for the left. They are also front and center. I don’t think they should be off limits. But in the witch hunt both of them received 5 million dollar fines from letits James even though they weren’t even a party to the loan. Lara trump escaped this. Why? Politically doing this to a woman wouldn’t have won them any points. This is the dirty place we have sunk to as a whole. In past years, I am quite sure hunter is out of bounds. No way he could be with the laptop however.

I have said it so many times till I am sick. Some civility would be nice. Rhetoric likely lead to the attempted assassination of Trump. If not this time, it certainly did the first time he was elected and an attempt was made on his life. (did you know two attempts had been made?). Trunp is guilty as can be too of this same thing. The attacks from him are childish, and had turned politics into mudlsinging. The whole dnc was not a celebration of policy and moving America forward. It was a celebration of an attack on one person. It’s time for the gloves to come back on. For a week we seemed to learn that lesson. Despite the despicable I am sorry you missed comments. Would give your trolling new personality more credence if it weren’t so one sided. Or even real.

Anyway, alluding to your original post, OP, please be honest, friend..
Have 95% of your conversations with people you know to vote Republican revolved around replacement theory and radiation?
Really?

First paragraph response: Again, they have to be pretty obtuse mentally not to pick up on it. But okay, friend.

Second paragraph: She never said she was wrong. She just said Democrats used weird first or something like that. I put it up there, friend. That's not an apology. Dinesh, who may be the most well known of the three currently, didn't even bother to delete it and defended it when called out.

Third paragraph: Donald Trump's kids are adults, don't have a disability as far as we know, support him politically very openly and have blurted out their own insults at others. Completely different deal. There were some social media types that said some things about Barron years ago, but I don't think there were any radio hosts, authors, etc. doing it. Chelsea Clinton came to his defense. I find this to be another false equivalency, friend.

Fourth paragraph: Trump ramped all of this stuff up in 2016. You can go back and look at debates, campaign speeches, the conventions, etc. None of this was like this ten years ago and further back. As my friend said to me the other day. "My kids think this is what politics is. That this is what a presidential race looks like. That this is normal. I tried to tell them that this is not normal. This has only been this way for three campaigns. And the campaigns all have one thing in common." His kids are 14, 16, and 18.
You just gloss over things I mentioned in total agreement. Like I didn’t even post it. This all started when Obama decided to make it personal and embarsss Trump in front of the world at his presidential dinner. That is the sole reason we are here. I agree the campaigns trump has been a part of have been very ugly. And it started with his, but this all began with the event I mentioned above.

You just gloss over things I mentioned in total agreement. Like I didn’t even post it. This all started when Obama decided to make it personal and embarsss Trump in front of the world at his presidential dinner. That is the sole reason we are here. I agree the campaigns trump has been a part of have been very ugly. And it started with his, but this all began with the event I mentioned above.
The SOLE reason we are here? That’s a pretty incredible statement

Why are so many of your pals slamming Cheryl Hines this AM on X?

Eric and don jr are certainly targets for the left. They are also front and center. I don’t think they should be off limits. But in the witch hunt both of them received 5 million dollar fines from letits James even though they weren’t even a party to the loan. His daughter escaped this. Why? Politically doing this to a woman wouldn’t have won them any points. This is the dirty place we have sunk to as a whole. In past years, I am quite sure hunter is out of bounds. No way he could be with the laptop however.

I have said it so many times till I am sick. Some civility would be nice. Rhetoric likely lead to the attempted assassination of Trump. If not this time, it certainly did the first time he was elected and an attempt was made on his life. (did you know two attempts had been made?). Trump is guilty as can be too of this same thing. The attacks from him are childish, and has turned politics into mudlsinging. The whole dnc was not a celebration of policy and moving America forward. It was a celebration of an attack on one person. It’s time for the gloves to come back on. For a week we seemed to learn that lesson. Despite the despicable I am sorry you missed comments. Would give your trolling new personality more credence if it weren’t so one sided. Or even real

Also, who is “you” when you say “this is what ‘you’ say?”
Me?
Really?
I’m one of the 95% so please link it. Should be easy since such talk is everywhere!

The SOLE reason we are here? That’s a pretty incredible statement

Read this. He absolutely decided to run when this happened. Even his interviews he says, if the president was doing a good job he wouldn’t have to run. He even says I certainly don’t need to. You want to argue semantics go for it. Had this not happened trump never runs for president. That is a fact. Obama doing this lit the fire. Even Chris Christie a trump hater acknowledged this fact. Plus it is widely reported that he met with people about running for president two weeks after this dinner.

Last edited:

I saw where Rosie O'Donnell is all upset about it, but insinuated Barron had autism when he was ten. Gus probably should never had been put in that situation, he will be a meme forever now. They knew what they were doing, they left the camera on him for ten seconds. Everyone needs to do better but there will always be a few who don't. Monica Lewinsky used Barron as an example when she became an online anti bullying activist. You usually get back what you put out.

tell me your a lib without telling you are a lib lol

Anyway, alluding to your original post, OP, please be honest, friend..
Have 95% of your conversations with people you know to vote Republican revolved around replacement theory and radiation?
Really?
Really hard to defend statements you didn't say, brother. I don't know where to begin here.

Hi brother. I never intended to say they speak for the average GOP voter. My point is just the ugliness of all of this, and how we treat each other, moves the needle to the point that the extreme voice must go even more extreme and we are in a dark place. We all need to do better.

You have to get your news from somewhere, friend. And you are getting from some type of media. You can say it's not the mainstream media, so therefore it's true. But you are getting it from somewhere and it is also media. I would assume none of us here have friends inside both campaigns to know what's really going on. I had this exact convo with a person I'm very close to who said they no longer follow any news, even Fox. When I said then how do you know what's going on, there was this long pause. Then "Truth Social and NewsMax tell it like it is".
His son did not speak. His son was simply in the audience, applauding his father, crying and saying "That's my dad". You know, the family stuff that Vance talks about, friend. I mean part of the problem here is you're responding to something that you did not even see and obviously read into something I said above that's not there.
I never assume it’s true. As adults, are we looking for confirmation of opinion or seeking facts.

I love talking heads. It’s the newscasts that offend me with the slants.

Why do sentences taken out of speeches, when it doesn’t match the actions of the person, matter to me? It only shows bias. Show me what the person did and how what he or she did affects my family and country.

The news should state where a candidate is and who they spoke to, but should never repeat what they said. The news should state only the platform, not the buzz phrases coming out of candidates mouths.

We should never watch local news outside of weather and sports. There is not a single thing they can tell me that I don’t see on my phone.

Enough. If we are looking for opinion from someone who doesn’t care a flip about me, I guess I’m an idiot.

I never assume it’s true. As adults, are we looking for confirmation of opinion or seeking facts.

I love talking heads. It’s the newscasts that offend me with the slants.

Why do sentences taken out of speeches, when it doesn’t match the actions of the person, matter to me? It only shows bias. Show me what the person did and how what he or she did affects my family and country.

The news should state where a candidate is and who they spoke to, but should never repeat what they said. The news should state only the platform, not the buzz phrases coming out of candidates mouths.

We should never watch local news outside of weather and sports. There is not a single thing they can tell me that I don’t see on my phone.

Enough. If we are looking for opinion from someone who doesn’t care a flip about me, I guess I’m an idiot.
I honestly don't know where some of these sentences come from or what exactly you're alluding to. I'm sorry, friend. Have a good day.

Me?
Really?
I’m one of the 95% so please link it. Should be easy since such talk is everywhere
Me?
Really?
I’m one of the 95% so please link it. Should be easy since such talk is everywhere!
?
I’m being serious here.
Which Republican is out there talking about replacement theory?
That’s unacceptable.
Please tell us so we can help you stop that.

I’m being serious here.
Which Republican is out there talking about replacement theory?
That’s unacceptable.
Please tell us so we can help you stop that.
I mean besides Ann Coulter. She has successfully twitter tweeted her own self into obscurity. I had honestly forgotten about her until you mentioned her. Guess she accomplished her goal to get people talking about her you are. I’m sure as hell not, what I’d like is some intellectual honesty about the 95% of Republicans out there talking about replacement theory. That’s complete balderdash. But that’s what you said.

Last edited:
I mean besides Ann Coulter. She has successfully twitter tweeted her own self into obscurity. I had honestly forgotten about her until you mentioned her. Guess she accomplished her goal to get people talking about her you are. I’m sure as hell not, what I’d like is some intellectual honesty about the 95% of Republicans out there talking about replacement theory. That’s complete balderdash. But that’s what you said. Back it

95% of Democrats are out there saying that it’s ok that we give away our country to the illegal invasion at our southern border.
Is that accurate?

What I can’t stomach is the completely evil that is being perpetuated regarding human life.

Pure evil promotes a woman to hit the streets with signs promoting a woman’s right to kill their offspring. While a woman might think it is her right, to actually protest violently and in vulgar fashions is beyond any human standard.

That is just pure disregard towards civilized decency and insults God. To kill a conceived baby in a mother’s womb. What a filthy society we have created.

Opinion stated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT