ADVERTISEMENT

I just told someone off over the phone

OlecountryDawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Jan 24, 2008
I went to the ER twice and the billing company that the doctors used didn’t file the claim correctly with blue cross .

well their collection department called I told them what blue cross said and told them we conference call them and it turns out they/ y’all did not follow blue cross claims guidelines .

if this goes negative against me , I will sue the holy hell out of the company . Harassing me about y’all failure is another grounds to my lawsuit . Wasting my time to talk about y’all failure.

I told the lady next phone call or mail bill that doesn’t reflect claim paid , I will see you in civil court .

I went to the ER twice and the billing company that the doctors used didn’t file the claim correctly with blue cross .

well their collection department called I told them what blue cross said and told them we conference call them and it turns out they/ y’all did not follow blue cross claims guidelines .

if this goes negative against me , I will sue the holy hell out of the company . Harassing me about y’all failure is another grounds to my lawsuit . Wasting my time to talk about y’all failure.

I told the lady next phone call or mail bill that doesn’t reflect claim paid , I will see you in civil court .

Do this... and trust me on this, I work in healthcare but I've still found myself in situations like yours.... Get yourself a pad and pen and document every call you make. Write down the time you called, who you talked to, and make notes on exactly what you discussed. Things like this often drag on and your ability to refer back to solid notes will really go a long ways towards solving this in your favor.

I went to the Athens Regional ER one night at 2 am for an acute allergic reaction to some new medicine I took. I had a $250 ER copay to cover visits like that with my insurance, but when I got the bill my insurance company said it was a non-emergency and I got billed nearly $4,000 instead of my simple $250 copay. Since I work in healthcare I know how the system works and fought it, but it took me nearly a year to get it resolved. In the end, I payed $250.

It took months to figure out between the two whos fault it was, then a lot of digging after that. Finally discovered that Athens Regional misfiled the claim with a non-emergent code. They finally admitted their mistake, re-filed and all was well. It really helped a lot during all those calls back and forth when they (ARMC or my Insurance Co.) would start talking in circles, I would say "No, I talked to Melissa on Jan 5th and 2 PM and this is exactly what she told me..." .... when I was able to be that concise about previous calls it really got whoever I was speaking to to work with me rather than just trying to give me some BS to get me off the phone.

Plus, if it ever does go as far as going to court, you're notes will not only prove what you say, they will also show that you weren't ignoring a medical bill but rather you were working diligently to get it resolved.

"How much more grievous are the consequences of anger…than the circumstances that aroused them in us.“ – Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
the_rage_of_achilles_by_giovanni_battista_tiepolo.0.jpg

Reactions: landycane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT