ADVERTISEMENT

Post of the Day I met Darnell Washington’s momma today.

Toddparm

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2009
I oversee a large restaurant/hospitality company, based out of Las Vegas, and just took on this gig about 4 weeks ago. I learned a long time ago to always introduce myself to all employees, especially the heart of every restaurant, the dishwashers. Last week I noticed one of our female dishwashers wearing a Tennessee-Army shirt, but I was too busy to stop and ask her about that shirt. Well, today, I went back in the kitchen and that same dishwasher was working, so I walked up to her and said, “Hi, I noticed you had a Tennessee shirt on last week, I assume that makes you a Vol fan?”. The dishwasher replied, “Nope, I’m a Georgia Bulldog fan!”, to which I replied, “That’s awesome, because I am a Dawg too, but why were you wearing that Tennessee shirt?”.
She smiled and said, “It was more about the Army on the shirt than the team, but you are right, I shouldn’t wear that because my son plays for the Dawgs.”
I knew immediately who her son was, at that point, so I said, “That must make your son Darnell, Big number 0”, and She replied, “Yes, Darnell is my boy and I am so proud of him!”.

We talked for about 45 minutes, and Darnell’s mom is very sweet and nice. She loves Darnell at Georgia and expressed how grateful they are for choosing UGA over 45 D-1 schools. She talks with Darnell daily and he is so focused on the team and his responsibilities. When he comes home to visit, she promised to bring him in to have lunch with me.

I told Darnell’s mother that she will need to eventually find her replacement, like in 6 months, to which she laughed and said, “I don’t mind working tho, but we shall see what my son says about that.”

It was just an awesome surprise that Darnell’s mother works with me and I’m glad I was taught to talk to all of our employees, because you learn so much about who people are and every once in awhile, you meet a proud momma of a great Bulldog.

P.S. - I told her about The DawgVent (I left out the bad stuff 😀) and how we LOVE posting videos of DW plowing over opponents and hurdling would be tacklers. I also said Bennett needs to target him when down in the Red Zone.

Go Dawgs and Happy Thanksgiving!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News