ADVERTISEMENT

In response to Hollands comments about Kirby……

paintdawg1

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2020
I can understand where Kirby is coming from but it’s most definitely a two way street. Most of us still have a bad taste in our mouths from going to Tuscaloosa last week. Are some of our fans spoiled? Sure, every fanbase has them that has experienced a lot of recent success. But i didnt see a lot of empty seats yesterday and considering we were playing a dismal 2-4 Auburn team that ranks 10th in the SEC in total Defense and when we made plays i heard a lot of cheering. Also add in the fact we have been dealt some God-awful home schedules the past few years and constantly being asked for more money every time you turn around i think the fans have done well, we travel as good and better than most fanbases.

Add to the fact that while my 19 year old daughter and i tried to traverse through the Quad at Meyers Hall i had a young 20 something fellow wearing a San Diego Padres hat tell us we were “Trespassing” and weren’t allowed to walk through the quad, good thing the smell of weed was overwhelming as i got. A contact high and it mellowed me out, if not I would of told him i was playing touch football in this same quad as a kid waiting for my mom to get off work before he was even a gleam in his daddy’s eye……maybe thats why the crowd wasn’t as loud yesterday, everyone was lit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.