ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Note Insider notes from massive recruiting weekend

Blayne Gilmer

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Sep 12, 2020
Several recruits and commits have indicated Will Muschamp and Kirby Smart seemed to handle the bulk of the messaging on Lanning’s exit to Oregon.

UGASports reported yesterday that several commits, including Mykel Williams, Malaki Starks, Julian Humphrey and more, strongly reaffirmed their commitment to Georgia upon hearing the news.

Smart in particular spent time with Marvin Jones and Mykel Williams. Several commits, including CJ Madden and Darris Smith were selling Jones on joining them as a group of elite pass rushers.

UGASports is still working to gather some information on Jones, but it’s safe to say that several involved in the experience this weekend walked away thinking that Jones will be a Dawg. Have to let the visit high wear off just a little bit, but Georgia definitely helped themselves here with Jones it seems.

Julian Humphrey is never bashful about recruiting people to the ‘G’. The flip from Florida posted a picture on social media that would suggest he has something in common with former Florida commits CJ Smith and Shemar James.

After talking to sources, I agree. I placed a futurecast for CJ Smith this afternoon and just added one for Shemar James. Georgia is losing 3 tremendous inside linebackers after the 2021 season and is looking to reload by adding James to current commits CJ Washington and Jalon Walker.

As far as CJ Smith, he was hosted by Arian Smith. The Georgia staff was excited about the possibility of having two sub 10.3 100m receivers at the same time in 2022.

Lastly, Kamari Wilson was at Florida this weekend, but I don’t anticipate that having any impact on the ultimate decision of the safety from IMG. On December 15th I expect Wilson to sign with Georgia.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News