ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Polling data out this week

A person trying to attend was sent to the hospital. Oh well. mostly peaceful I guess.
You act like there are violent protests going on every college campus, but there was one in the past 5 years you can find and one person was "taken to a hospital as a precautionary measure, said Dan Mogulof, a university spokesman. “We don’t believe the injuries were serious,” he said.

Also, the government has no say in protecting conservative speech on college campuses. The 1st amendment protects the speaker from being charged by the government, but it doesn't protect the speaker from the people thinking they're an a** hole and protesting them.

I saw a Recent report where there was a 60% chance democrats would hold the senate and house was almost a toss up. The democrat senate candidates in Pennsylvania (Fetterman) and Georgia (Warnock ) were pulling away because they were better candidates (one lived with his parents until age 48 so yes I am rolling my eyes ) Then I read the polling data from Rasmussen that came out this week saying republicans lead overall was up over 5%, one of largest pre-mid term leads they had ever measured.

I wouldn’t wager either way what is going to occur in the November 2022 elections but I think a strong case could be made the media and various polling groups are propping up Democratic candidates and skewing #’s so that democrat voters are not disenfranchised. I think Kemp wins by 200K votes and Hershel / Warnock go to a runoff. We shall see….
The DNC controlled media will lie constantly from now until November. I think they have the fraud machine in place and are confident they can stuff the count with any votes they need and get away with it.
They have assured that Pennsylvania is easy cheating with recent rulings from the democRAT controlled state supreme court.
Georgia is so disgusting I am ashamed to say I'm from there. The cheating in Fulton county is probably going to go off without a hitch and Kemp and Rasputin won't do anything about it.

You act like there are violent protests going on every college campus, but there was one in the past 5 years you can find and one person was "taken to a hospital as a precautionary measure, said Dan Mogulof, a university spokesman. “We don’t believe the injuries were serious,” he said.

Also, the government has no say in protecting conservative speech on college campuses. The 1st amendment protects the speaker from being charged by the government, but it doesn't protect the speaker from the people thinking they're an a** hole and protesting them.

There are many examples of controversial and not so controversial speakers being legally invited to speak and then having the invitation rescinded due to violence or the threat of violence. Con groups that have scheduled events have been charged for additional security when far left groups have brought in speakers that call for the destruction of America enjoy any venue and campus provided for security. Go ahead and pretend it isn't real even though you can use Google to find copies of letters sent to con speakers but it is demonstrably real.

Also, public universities damn well have a responsibility to protect and promote the free exchange of ideas. Otherwise, you just get a bunch of indoctrinated robots.

There are many examples of controversial and not so controversial speakers being legally invited to speak and then having the invitation rescinded due to violence or the threat of violence. Con groups that have scheduled events have been charged for additional security when far left groups have brought in speakers that call for the destruction of America enjoy any venue and campus provided for security. Go ahead and pretend it isn't real even though you can use Google to find copies of letters sent to con speakers but it is demonstrably real.

Also, public universities damn well have a responsibility to protect and promote the free exchange of ideas. Otherwise, you just get a bunch of indoctrinated robots.
Sure, bringing in speakers that bring rational conservative thought to a debate makes sense, but if Milo Yiannopoulos and Anne Coulter are those ideals then the right has a problem.

Sure, bringing in speakers that bring rational conservative thought to a debate makes sense, but if Milo Yiannopoulos and Anne Coulter are those ideals then the right has a problem.
Oh, so the crazies on the right are to be censored by state universities but the crazies on the left are to be protected and celebrated. Look, our own university bowed to the irrational left and rescinded the invitation of a sitting SCOTUS justice from the state of GA. Love him or hate him, I would think any rational law student would want to hear his thoughts. I mean it's not like his rulings are irrelevant to those in the legal profession.

Last edited:
Dems will come out with a 51-49 Senate majority. Fetterman and Johnson win PA and WI, respectively, by about 3%. GA, NV, AZ and NH will all go Dem by razor-thin margins, under 1%. We'll hear about some very suspicious election night activity, and of course a few 4 AM ballot dumps, but nothing will come of it as expected.

GOP will win the House by a 232-203 margin. There will be 2-3 projected solid Dem seats that go red, likely ones with a high Hispanic population - TX28 and TX34 are the ones to watch IMO. (We'll also get racist articles from WaPo, NYT, etc. about how these voters "aren't really Hispanic" since they didn't vote for Democrats.) The Dems' strategy of getting further right candidates into the GOP nomination from the primaries in toss-up races will save them 4 or 5 seats, but will also lead to a few better GOP representatives in other seats.

Gubernatorial races will strongly favor the GOP. Kemp, DeSantis and Abbott will cruise. Lake loses in AZ, but Schmidt flips KS. Lombardo will make NV extremely close, could see that one either way. Whitmer and Kotek win, but both races are much closer than anticipated.

So, no one comes out of the midterms pleased with the results. And the question becomes whether DeSantis will ramp up his Presidential campaign for 2024, while the Dems wonder if Dementia Joe can last another 2 years.

(Also, @celticdawg will write in Andrew Gillum again on his ballot ;))

Not bad for predictions nearly 3 months out, if I do say so myself.

GOP shot themselves in the foot by not hammering a baseline abortion policy. They won single men, married men, and married women, but got obliterated with single women for this (and ballot harvesting, of course). They HAVE to get their shit together for '24 there. Nice gains with Hispanic and Black voters though, need to keep that up.

Underestimated DeSantis, even with the prediction that he would cruise. FL looks better and better by the day. Thought Whitmer would be closer, and Schmidt bombed. Lombardo came through at least.

And yeah, no party is truly satisfied with the election outcomes.

Reactions: DawgWCK and brimur
Not bad for predictions nearly 3 months out, if I do say so myself.

GOP shot themselves in the foot by not hammering a baseline abortion policy. They won single men, married men, and married women, but got obliterated with single women for this (and ballot harvesting, of course). They HAVE to get their shit together for '24 there. Nice gains with Hispanic and Black voters though, need to keep that up.

Underestimated DeSantis, even with the prediction that he would cruise. FL looks better and better by the day. Thought Whitmer would be closer, and Schmidt bombed. Lombardo came through at least.

And yeah, no party is truly satisfied with the election outcomes.
I came fairly close on Georgia, underestimated the impact of change in voting law in Ga (+ 125K range) and didn’t expect HW’s to have more allegations to come out. I thought the Nevada Republican senate candidate would win and i those OZ and Fetterman would be razor think margin, mail in ballots in those states killed republicans, until that gets changed hard for a Republican to win in a swing state, 2% to 4% change when you have massive mail in ballots…..

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
I came fairly close on Georgia, underestimated the impact of change in voting law in Ga (+ 125K range) and didn’t expect HW’s to have more allegations to come out. I thought the Nevada Republican senate candidate would win and i those OZ and Fetterman would be razor think margin, mail in ballots in those states killed republicans, until that gets changed hard for a Republican to win in a swing state, 2% to 4% change when you have massive mail in ballots…..

Yeah I felt better and better on Laxalt the closer we got, and even through election night until that Clark mail-in ballot number kept rising from the estimates. Never quite felt comfortable with Herschel's chances, even before the additional allegations.

GOP absolutely HAS to get 2 things straight for '24:

1. Baseline abortion policy. Somewhere from 15-22 weeks, with exceptions for cases of r*pe/inc*st/harm to mother or child. House needs to get out a bill and force the Dems' hand - either take the issue off the table by passing it, or use it as a GOP campaign issue in '24 if Dems reject it (which they very well could, since it's a big-ticket issue for them).

2. Ballot harvesting. This was the difference in several Senate races, and probably a dozen or so House races. Dems are whooping ass there and the GOP is well behind on a national scale. However, they've been successful in spots where they HAVE gotten on board with it.

If they can, I love their chances. But if they can't (and that is very possible, considering their historical propensity to fvck things up when everything sets up well for them), '24 will be a disaster.

Yeah I felt better and better on Laxalt the closer we got, and even through election night until that Clark mail-in ballot number kept rising from the estimates. Never quite felt comfortable with Herschel's chances, even before the additional allegations.

GOP absolutely HAS to get 2 things straight for '24:

1. Baseline abortion policy. Somewhere from 15-22 weeks, with exceptions for cases of r*pe/inc*st/harm to mother or child. House needs to get out a bill and force the Dems' hand - either take the issue off the table by passing it, or use it as a GOP campaign issue in '24 if Dems reject it (which they very well could, since it's a big-ticket issue for them).

2. Ballot harvesting. This was the difference in several Senate races, and probably a dozen or so House races. Dems are whooping ass there and the GOP is well behind on a national scale. However, they've been successful in spots where they HAVE gotten on board with it.

If they can, I love their chances. But if they can't (and that is very possible, considering their historical propensity to fvck things up when everything sets up well for them), '24 will be a disaster.
I wish more States adopted the Ga voting regs which effectively negated ballot harvesting as they make voters go thru same rigor as F2F voters, swung the voter count 150 K to republicans. Az and Nevada would have gone for the Republican of they had Ga/Fla election laws, and perhaps Pa too, rumors are they harvest in truck loads in Pittsburg and Philly.

I wish more States adopted the Ga voting regs which effectively negated ballot harvesting as they make voters go thru same rigor as F2F voters, swung the voter count 150 K to republicans. Az and Nevada would have gone for the Republican of they had Ga/Fla election laws, and perhaps Pa too, rumors are they harvest in truck loads in Pittsburg and Philly.
That’s where the cheating is being done.

It's only cheating if a dem wins, right?
Kinda like ..... Heads I win, Tails you lose.
Right out of the Trump playbook...."the only way I lose, if it's rigged".
The far right have become the worse snowflakes ever.
A far cry from the Reagan days.....sad.
C’mon dude. Hillary was still calling Trump an illegitimate President years later. So was the dude who’s probably gonna be the next minority leader in the House. But yeah, the Republicans are the only election deniers or who’ve complained about election outcomes. You play yourself off as some kind of moderate free thinker. Actually you’re one of the worst pretenders. Ignoring one side while complaining about the other. I actually admire the liberals on here who don’t mind defending their ideas And admitting who they are. You’re as fake as a Bill Clinton $3 bill. Reagan my ass. There’s probably a Lincoln Project meeting going on somewhere you’d like to be at.

• Haha
Reactions: Whosyodawgy
C’mon dude. Hillary was still calling Trump an illegitimate President years later. So was the dude who’s probably gonna be the next minority leader in the House. But yeah, the Republicans are the only election deniers or who’ve complained about election outcomes. You play yourself off as some kind of moderate free thinker. Actually you’re one of the worst pretenders. Ignoring one side while complaining about the other. I actually admire the liberals on here who don’t mind defending their ideas And admitting who they are. You’re as fake as a Bill Clinton $3 bill. Reagan my ass. There’s probably a Lincoln Project meeting going on somewhere you’d like to be at.
Some of the more transparent "liberals" on here will defend a few ideas. But not a single one of them will admit the real reason they are democRATs. It's never ideological ... unless you consider racism, sexual perversion and cowardice ideologies.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT