ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting ruling

atlanta cock#

Diehard supporter
Jun 1, 1998
so libs dont believe in free speech
middle age white folks talking for minorities = a lib

The Judge held that a meeting of the minds is required for a conspiracy. Personally, I disagree but if this holds true, Trump and his co-defendants in Fulton County have an argument. Most of them don't really know each other.

Legally, the judge is correct. That's the difference between an organization and individuals with similar goals. You don't want to apply RICO to anything less.

The O in RICO is for "Organization," as in the illegal activity has to be part of an ongoing criminal enterprise. To get RICO, the prosecutor must prove that such an organization exists.

Legally, the judge is correct. That's the difference between an organization and individuals with similar goals. You don't want to apply RICO to anything less.

The O in RICO is for "Organization," as in the illegal activity has to be part of an ongoing criminal enterprise. To get RICO, the prosecutor must prove that such an organization exists.
Meeting of the minds is a contracts standard. RICO involves a common purpose. It's a different standard.

Meeting of the minds is a contracts standard. RICO involves a common purpose. It's a different standard.
Yes, I recognize the term "meeting of the minds" from contract law. I was trying to understand the judge's point. The link in your original post doesn't appear to address that.

I also understand that state RICO laws aren't exactly the same as the federal standard, but you still have to prove the existence of an enterprise, and that there are coordinated, multiple criminal acts committed to benefit that enterprise.

Yes, I recognize the term "meeting of the minds" from contract law. I was trying to understand the judge's point. The link in your original post doesn't appear to address that.

I also understand that state RICO laws aren't exactly the same as the federal standard, but you still have to prove the existence of an enterprise, and that there are coordinated, multiple criminal acts committed to benefit that enterprise.
I don't disagree. I think the Judge used the wrong phrase, but it is a distinction with a difference. We’ll see what happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT