ADVERTISEMENT

Jonathan Cannon

BuschDawg

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2003
Young man has really been pitching well for the ChiSox the past month. Helped end their 21 game losing streak last night. Awesome quotes from mlb.com article.

"Jonathan Cannon was the stopper Chicago needed, striking out five across six innings and limiting the A's offense to a Zack Gelof solo home run. The White Sox had lost his previous five outings (four starts) despite the rookie right-hander posting a 3.48 ERA across 31 innings in that span."

"I think Cannon's got that 'it' factor, and what I mean by that is he's got that will to succeed," Grifol (manager) said. "It almost looked like this wasn't going to continue on his watch. That's what it felt like."

"It almost felt like, 'I got the ball today, and this [crap] ends right now."

Cannon also helped Chicago end a 14-game losing streak earlier in the season, tossing three scoreless innings in relief of Garrett Crochet on June 7. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the 2024 White Sox, 2021 Orioles, 1935 Boston Braves and 1911 Boston Rustlers are the only teams with multiple losing streaks of at least 14 games in a single season in the Modern Era (since 1901).

"I guess it's bittersweet. It's nice that it's over, but it sucks that we got to that point to start with," Cannon said. "We're just happy to be in the winner's circle again and look to keep building off it."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.