ADVERTISEMENT

'Judge fines Trump for violating gag order'.....

Eastmandawg

Circle of Honor
May 29, 2001
Last edited:
"Judge Juan Merchan on Tuesday morning announced that he has found former President Donald Trump in contempt on nine of 10 alleged violations":

https://www.yahoo.com/news/live/tru...oney-payment-to-stormy-daniels-125200159.html

Oh well, "what doesn't kill him makes him stronger".....keep up the good work, 9K well spent.

“You can’t control him, you can only hope to contain him”.
so, just to be clear, you think that defendants should be able to harass or impugn judge / jurors / witnesses with impunity?

And to be clear - if Trump were not receiving special treatment here - which in some measure he merits, being FPOTUS - he would already be in jail - AND - he would be in trouble in Georgia probably as well.

so, just to be clear, you think that defendants should be able to harass or impugn judge / jurors / witnesses with impunity?

And to be clear - if Trump were not receiving special treatment here - which in some measure he merits, being FPOTUS - he would already be in jail - AND - he would be in trouble in Georgia probably as well.
Against the backdrop of the special treatment he is being given by having this trial at all. One of many totally unprecedented prosecutions applying never used before interpretations of questionable crimes with zero damaged parties. Even honest liberal legal experts are holding their nose at most of this stuff. When I agree with Stephen A Smith, you know something stinks.

Call Trump's gag order violations what they are. Definitely violations of a gag order, but smart politics in a campaign. There's no remedy to his violations that wouldn't help him politically. You gonna put him in jail for speaking his mind about the conflicts and bullshit surrounding the case?

Wait till he gets in office and has these dims under investigation for violating his civil rights. Your heads will explode. They can talk sh*t about him all over the msm but he cannot. Seems fair.

This is going to be Pandora’s box when it is all done. This will now be common place. I could see Biden spending the rest of his life in a courtroom if he loses. I take that back. It has already been determined he is too feeble and weak minded to stand trial. As long as he isn’t trump, he can be president.

The judge isn’t giving a gag order to anyone else while they go out and stoke the public fires against Trump. Cohen has been on every progressive podcast from here to the west coast. This case is likely the worst of them all. Only happening since he decided to run again. He is only putting. In a gag order so he can’t campaign. Come on nice. It is time to be honest. There is no way you can think this trial is actually on the up and up. There is also written evidence everywhere that there was collusion with Biden and the doj to get trump. Anyway you can. Trump is a shithead, but this is a bit much even for him. Just wait for the response. It will be much worse. Don’t want to hear you bitch for one second.

Last edited:

Basically saying this case is BS/rigged and despite it not doing what it is apparently designed to do……it all is backfiring and the margin is just getting bigger.

Kinda hoping the judge jails him for a few days, but don’t believe he has the coconuts. Dims we’re better off just leaving all of it alone.

If all this is proven (conspiring), would love to see him flip the tables.

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
so where are your legal experts?
Even the CNN and MSNBC's of the world were throwing shade on this case when it was announced last year, with their own legal folks (don't know their names) breaking down the weakness in the case and worrying that it would water down cases like the docs case that had merit.

Now that their adrenaline is up hoping beyond hope that one of these charades finally nabs the anti-christ, they have turned into window licking fan-boys.

Basically saying this case is BS/rigged and despite it not doing what it is apparently designed to do……it all is backfiring and the margin is just getting bigger.

Kinda hoping the judge jails him for a few days, but don’t believe he has the coconuts. Dims we’re better off just leaving all of it alone.

If all this is proven (conspiring), would love to see him flip the tables.
Yeah the State of the Union + Trump legal woes bump has definitely happened. Problem is that it is favoring the wrong guy.

Even the CNN and MSNBC's of the world were throwing shade on this case ...

I will just have to take your word for it, since I don't watch television news of any kind.

when it was announced last year

Also, I am not clear how they would know the weakness of the case before it is presented, before they have seen the exhibits, before witnesses have been heard, etc.

Maybe they are clairvoyant after all and I should be watching television news.

(We both know this is all just a sideshow. We can agree on that. Red vs. Blue politics 24/7 is rotting our collective brain.)

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
I will just have to take your word for it, since I don't watch television news of any kind.

Also, I am not clear how they would know the weakness of the case before it is presented, before they have seen the exhibits, before witnesses have been heard, etc.

Maybe they are clairvoyant after all and I should be watching television news.

(We both know this is all just a sideshow. We can agree on that. Red vs. Blue politics 24/7 is rotting our collective brain.)
Because when an indictment comes down, it lays out the charge, legal precedent, and rationale behind it. It was total bullshit then and it is total bullshit now. Only difference now is that if you work for CNN or MSNBC, you would likely be fired on the spot for pointing out the weakness of the case while it is being showcased on those networks. I think the change in CEO at CNN probably comes into play also.

The tell tale here on the NYC cases is the complete lack of any kind of precedent in using the applicable law interpretation to move forward with prosecuting the case. No damaged party. No precedent. It is obvious what is happening.

I actually think it was a good thing to call out the Judge's daughter for her social media post. Without Trump doing it, most would not have known the Judge's family hates Trump and his daughter works for the biggest congressional Trump hater of them all. Moreover, i have no issues for calling out his former attorney, Cohen. When he goes on talk shows he should be fair game.

i'm sure Trump crossed the line in some of his other post, but 75% plus of the electorate would have no issues posting factual information that is being withheld intentionally and / or responding to a sleaze bag lawyer.

if he would be in jail then the bidens would be on death row
gtfo with that BS

I actually think it was a good thing to call out the Judge's daughter for her social media post. Without Trump doing it, most would not have known the Judge's family hates Trump and his daughter works for the biggest congressional Trump hater of them all. Moreover, i have no issues for calling out his former attorney, Cohen. When he goes on talk shows he should be fair game.

i'm sure Trump crossed the line in some of his other post, but 75% plus of the electorate would have no issues posting factual information that is being withheld intentionally and / or responding to a sleaze bag lawyer.
dems and their witch hunts

He should be able to defend himself. Why isn't the prosecutors and any other witness under the same?

He should be able to call out untruths.

He should be able to campaign.

he has lawyers able to defend him. He can defend himself...

he just can't attack judge, jury, or witnesses

just like... every other defendant ever in the American courts of law.
You're saying Trump is the only defendant to speak out?

Michael Cohen and E. Jean Carroll have attys, yet they blather on social media and TV.

For that matter, so do all of the talking heads on CNN and MSNBC.

If witnesses bad mouth Trump or say something untrue outside of court, he should be allowed to respond. If a prospective juror says she doesn't like Trump before the case begins, he should be allowed to says it's unfair.

If the judge issues a gag order, it should be blanket.

If witnesses bad mouth Trump or say something untrue outside of court, he should be allowed to respond.
so... the whining is all just really pretty funny.

He was allowed to respond to Cohen:

"Of the 10 posts, the one Merchan ruled was not a violation came on April 10, a post referring to witnesses Michael Cohen and Daniels as “sleaze bags.” Merchan said Trump’s contention that he was responding to previous posts by Cohen “is sufficient to give” him pause on whether the post was a violation."

As for E. Jean Carroll, pending appeal he is guilty of defaming her and cannot do that anymore without penalty.

/fin.

I have seen witnesses be jailed overnight for a fraction of what trump is doing. Him getting a fine is him getting off easy. Merchan has every right to hold him overnight in jail...but it wont deter trump so he won't do that unless it is something egregious. Keep fining him.

The "law and order" president has trouble following rules...

Dumb! Dumb!

I have seen witnesses be jailed overnight for a fraction of what trump is doing. Him getting a fine is him getting off easy. Merchan has every right to hold him overnight in jail...but it wont deter trump so he won't do that unless it is something egregious. Keep fining him.

The "law and order" president has trouble following rules...
Sooner or later, Merchan will let him spend a night or two in the lockup.

And I think that will hurt The Donald, not help him, with voters who aren't already blinded by the man's constant lies.

Sooner or later, Merchan will let him spend a night or two in the lockup.
i'll take that bet.

He is way too media savvy to allow himself to be taken away by the bailiff. or - worse - to be forced to surrender publicly.

You also buried the part that nobody but Trump would be charged with this nonsense.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
True, the GOP doesn't have a groupthink mentality like the dems, the GOP is made up of people with many different opinions.The dems are largely composed of sorry, low down degenerates that have not contributed anything worthwhile to our country in decades! The Democratic party has been on the wrong side of almost every important issue in our country since the Civil War. The only thing the dems are excellent at is conning ignorant, uninformed people into voting for them! I might add, many of those ignorant , uninformed people post on this board regularly! Everyone have a good night. I'm sure the dems will as they watch our nation's college campuses descend into anarchy led by modern day Nazis that they educated!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT