ADVERTISEMENT

Keeping guns from nuts. Is there not a way?

The Christians right is responding to their waning popularity by attempting to legislate their morality and impose their beliefs on the rest of the country. This includes working to eliminate abortion, restrict the freedoms of the lgtbq community and ban and remove books that they find objectionable. They generally represent the minority view on all three of these issues.

If America is developing an anti-Christian sickness, it’s actually more of an anti-evangelical sickness. Quick fix? Stop trying to legislate morality and tell others what they can and can’t do.
I will not refer to evangelicals as Christians

they are Christianists.

The Christians right is responding to their waning popularity by attempting to legislate their morality and impose their beliefs on the rest of the country. This includes working to eliminate abortion, restrict the freedoms of the LGBTQ community and ban and remove books that they find objectionable. They generally represent the minority view on all three of these issues.

If America is developing an anti-Christian sickness, it’s actually more of an anti-evangelical sickness. Quick fix? Stop trying to legislate morality and tell others what they can and can’t do.
Yeah, are you not tired of innocent lives being murdered then you should support Christians and pro-life measures.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
It's a huge issue because powers at be would 10000% use gun restriction to control society more. At the same time I do agree that it is too easy to access guns if you are mentally deranged. Maybe something along the lines of a psychiatric test before being able to buy certain firearms? I still don't see how this would stop people from accessing them. Hell how many murders in inner cities happen daily with unregistered firearms.

Another issue is that there are more firearms in America than there are Americans. Should we trust the government to round up guns? I do not think that is the right answer either.

I think what many people fail to see, especially older folks, is that American society is in total collapse. I do not see it getting any better and we draw many parallels throughout history of civilisations on the way to collapse. I mean look at this thread and many others on Twitter we can't even have actual conversations about tough topics because both political parties have been completely indoctrinated.

No one said they won't be supported.
Supported like the three raped minors who were denied abortions in Ohio?

Or this Christian woman in Texas being forced to carry a baby with a fatal anomaly?

The only people who I have heard try and justify these situations say it is God’s will. I reject that version of God and in fact most of the country agrees with me. Believe what you want to believe and make your choices accordingly. I’ll do the same, thank you.

Last edited:
Supported like the three raped minors who were denied abortions in Ohio?

Or this Christian woman in Texas being forced to carry a baby with a fatal anomaly?

The only people who I have heard try and justify these situations say it is God’s will. I reject that version of God and in fact most of the country agrees with me. Believe what you want to believe and make your choices accordingly. I’ll do the same, thank you.
You reject God, says all I need to hear.

First, I love guns, and own...well...my share. Bought my 18 year old a Franchi affinity last weekend, for graduation.

Is there not some space, between "ban assault rifles" and "fill out this form, and here is your AR."

Do we need to tighten gun laws, or amend HIPPA laws?

My thought is, how does a gun shop owner know that someone is mentally disturbed? Or if they are under treatment, etc?

I know the form you fill out asks questions. It's a form..

"Are you a nut?"
"No"
"OK. Here is your gun"

How can we do better. I'm ready to listen.
First, I love guns, and own...well...my share. Bought my 18 year old a Franchi affinity last weekend, for graduation.

Is there not some space, between "ban assault rifles" and "fill out this form, and here is your AR."

My thought is, how does a gun shop owner know that someone is mentally disturbed? Or if they are under treatment, etc?

"Are you a nut?"
"No"
"OK. Here is your gun"

"Are you a nut?"
"No"
"OK. Here is your gun"

unfortunately there’s no easy answer to stop a so called “nut” from killing if that’s his/her mindset. If you took all guns away, I think the “nuts” would still find ways. It’s not just “nuts” that kill, you can add the evil pos jerks that walk around In basically every city.

I’m against picking/choosing the guns to be outlawed /forbidden. I think I saw where like 99% or more people that own assault rifles never kill other humans. Yes I understand 1 is too many to be killed…by any type of gun, but I don’t want our govt, especially the one we’re under right now to have all the big guns….not in the do as we say not as we do atmosphere we seem to live in.

Again, no easy answer to stop the “nuts” and I’m not just talking the “nuts” that decide to kill.

You reject God, says all I need to hear.
I see why you would avoid a discussion of the examples I shared and the growing list of similar cases. It’s impossible to justify these laws without devaluing the lives of the mothers involved.

I don’t reject God. There are many interpretations of the Christian God. Prosperity gospel types believe God will reward your good deeds with health and wealth. Some Christians believe God wants you to have as many children as your biology allows. Some Christians believe God hates alcohol. There is a good bit of room for interpretation. I just reject the version that demands a ten year old carry their rapist’s fetus to term.

I don’t demand that you agree. You make your choices based on your beliefs and I’ll do the same.

Haha to the guy that thinks his AR-15 would protect him from the government. Those guys have artillery, tanks, F-18s, etc.
If it came to fighting, the gun owning American (men) I know don't wear skirts like the woke military.

Not to mention we outnumber them and actually pulling a trigger to win isn't required. Sadly most people are too asleep to care or even notice.

The military overall is infected with most of the same woke illness that they try to cram down our throats daily. Pretty certain they can't win any war they get into at this point.

Though I am long past the age of being in the service I would rather die shooting at a tyrannical military/government attacking their own citizens (voters) than to be sent off to some other war, that the US started (and will lose), in some country that is meaningless to those Americans who truly care about our country. And there are plenty of other patriots that are of the age to join the military that feel the same.

I see why you would avoid a discussion of the examples I shared and the growing list of similar cases. It’s impossible to justify these laws without devaluing the lives of the mothers involved.

I don’t reject God. There are many interpretations of the Christian God. Prosperity gospel types believe God will reward your good deeds with health and wealth. Some Christians believe God wants you to have as many children as your biology allows. Some Christians believe God hates alcohol. There is a good bit of room for interpretation. I just reject the version that demands a ten year old carry their rapist’s fetus to term.

I don’t demand that you agree. You make your choices based on your beliefs and I’ll do the same.
No need to talk to a man that thinks they don't need God all the time we have nothing else to discuss you simply rationalize sin. Good day, Sir.

Not sure how we got on Christianity here, but, ok.....

I want to keep guns from those who shouldn't have them.

How do we get that info, and communicate it, to those who sell?

Reactions: nice marmot
Not sure how we got on Christianity here, but, ok.....

I want to keep guns from those who shouldn't have them.

How do we get that info, and communicate it, to those who sell?
Because evil has no connection to Christ. Add Christ and you remove evil no need to remove guns when you have moral values.

Reactions: Dawgfan1966

"Are you a nut?"
"No"
"OK. Here is your gun"

An armed society is a safe society.

Even the Israelites were disarmed by their overlords. How do you think that worked out for them?

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
If it came to fighting, the gun owning American (men) I know don't wear skirts like the woke military.

Not to mention we outnumber them and actually pulling a trigger to win isn't required. Sadly most people are too asleep to care or even notice.

The military overall is infected with most of the same woke illness that they try to cram down our throats daily. Pretty certain they can't win any war they get into at this point.

Though I am long past the age of being in the service I would rather die shooting at a tyrannical military/government attacking their own citizens (voters) than to be sent off to some other war, that the US started (and will lose), in some country that is meaningless to those Americans who truly care about our country. And there are plenty of other patriots that are of the age to join the military that feel the same.
Are you one of the majority of Republicans who hold Putin in higher regard than Biden? If so, your rage about tyranny is highly misguided.

Reactions: jbpayne32
Agree 100%.
I too am a legal gun owner. Me personally, I wish there were a ban on the AR style weapons, but that is not being realistic in today's political climate.
It just seems like it should be harder for a mentally ill person to purchase any gun, much less one of these assault rifles.
I heard Trey Gowdy on FOX yesterday say that what we hear is gun owners talking about "taking away their rights, but what about the rights of kids going to school"? What good are rights when you are dead? Spot on IMO.
Not sure how the "red flag" laws are supposed to work, but I agree with you, SOMETHING needs to be done.
You can be for gun ownership (I am), and not think crazy people should have the ability to arm themselves like they are in the military..........JMO

Because they look scary? I mean just as much or more damage can come from a pocket full of 9mm glocks with extended mags. At least ARs are harder to conceal.

Everything you described about the ease of getting gender related care is false and has zero basis in reality.

They are not put on hormones and booked for surgery ASAP. Extensive counseling is a critical first step in the process.

Gender-affirming care for transgender youth is supported by the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Pediatric Endocrine Society, the American Psychological Association, and the American Medical Association.

Who or what is your expert source?
I am baffled by how confident you are on this subject. The "science" is not settled at all. There are plenty of very smart people (doctors, psychologists, etc) that question these treatments:

https://www.bmj.com/content/380/bmj.p382

There are plenty of people that been put on hormones and/or booked for surgery ASAP, it is just not covered at all in the media because it doesn't fit the narrative. Big lawsuit going on in Europe right now regarding this very thing. They were out ahead of the US on these treatments, so are ahead on the lawsuits, but I'm sure there will be coming to the US soon.

Sweden, Finland, France, UK all rolling back their rules around these treatments. I wonder why? It seems that the more this is put in the spotlight, the more children with regrets around transitions, and the more comfortable people are with questioning this "science," the more it is obviously being questioned.

Last edited:
I am baffled by how confident you are on this subject. The "science" is not settled at all. There are plenty of very smart people (doctors, psychologists, etc) that question these treatments:

https://www.bmj.com/content/380/bmj.p382

There are plenty of people that been put on hormones and/or booked for surgery ASAP, it is just not covered at all in the media because it doesn't fit the narrative. Big lawsuit going on in Europe right now regarding this very thing. They were out ahead of the US on these treatments, so are ahead on the lawsuits, but I'm sure there will be coming to the US soon.

Sweden, Finland, France, UK all rolling back their rules around these treatments. I wonder why? It seems that the more this is put in the spotlight, the more children with regrets around transitions, and the more comfortable people are with questioning this "science," the more it is obviously being questioned.

The situation in the UK at Tavistock is horrible. I think the point is that they went against the generally accepted protocol and chose to not follow up with their patients to determine satisfaction with the procedure. That's a failure of execution, not a failure of the protocol itself.

If there are similar situations in the US, the news network with the by far the largest US viewership would be more than happy to provide endless coverage, given it would definitely support their narrative.

I agree that the science is not settled. However, the major relevant medical associations support exploring treatment when provided under the correct circumstances and with the proper steps and escalations. That's because the impact for those who remain untreated can be devastating, including self harm and suicide.

The. most recent comprehensive survey shows that 78% of the people who transitioned are happy with the result. Of those who aren't happy, discrimination and lack of family acceptance are a significant factor.

The situation in the UK at Tavistock is horrible. I think the point is that they went against the generally accepted protocol and chose to not follow up with their patients to determine satisfaction with the procedure. That's a failure of execution, not a failure of the protocol itself.

If there are similar situations in the US, the news network with the by far the largest US viewership would be more than happy to provide endless coverage, given it would definitely support their narrative.

I agree that the science is not settled. However, the major relevant medical associations support exploring treatment when provided under the correct circumstances and with the proper steps and escalations. That's because the impact for those who remain untreated can be devastating, including self harm and suicide.

The. most recent comprehensive survey shows that 78% of the people who transitioned are happy with the result. Of those who aren't happy, discrimination and lack of family acceptance are a significant factor.

Remember when the GOP thought keeping government out of people's lives was the best thing...good times.

This is a survey of adults, not children. Scientific studies have shown that about 75%(maybe more) of children who claim to be transgender no longer feel that way after puberty. The main issue I have with all of this is that we are giving kids hormones, drugs and removing body parts on humans who are not fully formed(mentally or physically) and this is going to lead to a nightmare for a majority of them in a few years that they will have to live with for the rest of their lives.

Last edited:
This is a survey of adults, not children. Scientific studies have shown that about 75%(maybe more) of children who claim to be transgender no longer feel that way after puberty. The main issue I have with all of this is that we are giving kids hormones, drugs and removing body parts on humans who are not fully formed(mentally or physically) and this is going to lead to a nightmare for a majority of them in a few years that they will have to live with for the rest of their lives.
I agree that any of these treatments should be approached very cautiously and only after extensive counseling. The cost/benefit analysis is not simple and there is a chance that even after following all of the required steps before hormone treatment or surgery that you end up unhappy with the decision.

I do think that the percentage of minors who currently undergo surgery is very small when compared to all those who start gender therapy.

The one trans person I know believes that surgery should not be an option until the age of eighteen, or at least that was his position back in 2016. I don’t know if that POV has changed or not.

I would be comfortable having significant restrictions regarding surgical options for minors. But if I had exhausted all other options, was convinced my child would be miserable with out it and I had reputable doctors in agreement, I would want the option of surgery for a 16 and 17 year old. I know for sure we wouldn’t rush any decision regarding any of the steps of this process.

Reactions: celticdawg
I think even the most pro-gender affirming guidance is now 15 for some surgeries and 17 for others, but that guidance is young for what is actually available to LGBTQ+ people, and I am pretty sure it requires a good bit of due diligence and parental sign on.

I think it is okay to be uncomfortable with all of this. It's not our experience.

What I can't abide is hate and bigotry. What you write here seems cautious and caring, whereas what we see elsewhere in these threads and beyond is discomfort turned to hate, belittling, and made fodder for electioneering by opportunistic politicians.

What I can't abide is hate and bigotry. What you write here seems cautious and caring, whereas what we see elsewhere in these threads and beyond is discomfort turned to hate, belittling, and made fodder for electioneering by opportunistic politicians.
Great point and I should have said the same. I’ve had my disagreements with @stray but very much appreciate the tone of his post above.

1. There is no such thing as an assault rifle. That is a term invented by the media to make guns sound bad.

None of us want to see anyone senselessly killed, especially our children. Like most problems, though, there is no silver bullet, for lack of a better term. Asking a crazy person if he’s crazy, or has ever been treated for such will always get the answer, “no”.
OP mentioned relaxing HIIPA laws. That is probably a good place to start. There also needs to be more coordination between local, state, and federal authorities to sort out those folks who should not be sold weapons.
BTW, how many of these shooters were known by their families if not their communities as people who should own weapons? Damn near every one of them. The parents in the MI case are the most egregious example, and I’m glad they are being prosecuted, but many other families are quilts as well.

So…….Red flag laws make sense on one hand, but are fraught with peril on another. There is one family member I have who could conceivably turn me in under red flag statutes, in which case any weapons I may or may not own could be confiscated. On paper, those make sense. In reality, maybe not so much.
This is a subject that needs way more time, space, and probably adult beverages.

The whole frigging concept is flawed! Thee is NO possible way to justify or sell the mutilation of children, by twisted adults. We are living in the end times and evil is more common than common sense

Are you one of the majority of Republicans who hold Putin in higher regard than Biden? If so, your rage about tyranny is highly misguided.

so the white nuclear family is to blame? I get the point the twit is trying to make, however, when that family has become vilified and feels like their rights and beliefs are being infringed upon, they have the right to be enraged.

Reactions: Dawgfan1966

"Are you a nut?"
"No"
"OK. Here is your gun"

I have the plan a quick public excution when these MF are caught red handed and no doubt of the guilt, I know they are crazy and don;t care why. if we did this pretty soon you find we wouldn't have so many creazy people.That the answer and I don't care what the highly educated say about ot.

so the white nuclear family is to blame? I get the point the twit is trying to make, however, when that family has become vilified and feels like their rights and beliefs are being infringed upon, they have the right to be enraged.
You say you get the point but then the rest of your post suggests not. I’ll try and spell it out.

The meme asks you to start by assuming that this family feels oppressed by our tyrannical government/society. They have a large house, a $60k pickup to pull their $60k boat, they can afford $5k+ in guns and they appear healthy and very well fed. Typically they live amongst other people who share similar material wealth.

They can attend the church that they prefer without bother, socialize with whoever they chose, send their children to private school if they prefer, travel freely around the country and will likely never have a tense interaction with the police unless they cause it.

No one is forcing them to get abortions, or attend drag shows, or socialize with the LGBTQ community, or read books that they don’t care for. They don’t pay so much in taxes that it prevents them from having more material wealth than 99% of other families in the world.

So yes, if they are feeling subject to tyranny and oppression, they are spoiled twats who are entirely unaware of how the rest of the world lives, they are entirely unaware of how actual tyranny and oppression impacts a family and they need to get their heads out of their asses.

These Putin-loving republicans should really study what life under Putin looks like if they want to understand the impact that true tyranny and oppression has on a society.

You say you get the point but then the rest of your post suggests not. I’ll try and spell it out.

The meme asks you to start by assuming that this family feels oppressed by our tyrannical government/society. They have a large house, a $60k pickup to pull their $60k boat, they can afford $5k+ in guns and they appear healthy and very well fed. Typically they live amongst other people who share similar material wealth.

They can attend the church that they prefer without bother, socialize with whoever they chose, send their children to private school if they prefer, travel freely around the country and will likely never have a tense interaction with the police unless they cause it.

No one is forcing them to get abortions, or attend drag shows, or socialize with the LGBTQ community, or read books that they don’t care for. They don’t pay so much in taxes that it prevents them from having more material wealth than 99% of other families in the world.

So yes, if they are feeling subject to tyranny and oppression, they are spoiled twats who are entirely unaware of how the rest of the world lives, they are entirely unaware of how actual tyranny and oppression impacts a family and they need to get their heads out of their asses.
Your cute little depiction of the modern nuclear family is filled with inaccurate assumptions. Your view is based on a liberal take on a real modern family dynamic that has been marginalized by the left to create a platform of broken homes and children that want to change their gender( because a liberal told them they need to feel that way). It’s very nice that you try to family-splain how it is in your mind, to real families impacted by the new twisted dem party and their attempt to destroy every aspect of conservative America. We all become victims with big brother as the only outlet for help. Well, we reject the dem parties self serving path to America’s destruction. Have a nice day.

Your cute little depiction of the modern nuclear family is filled with inaccurate assumptions. Your view is based on a liberal take on a real modern family dynamic that has been marginalized by the left to create a platform of broken homes and children that want to change their gender( because a liberal told them they need to feel that way). It’s very nice that you try to family-splain how it is in your mind, to real families impacted by the new twisted dem party and their attempt to destroy every aspect of conservative America. We all become victims with big brother as the only outlet for help. Well, we reject the dem parties self serving path to America’s destruction. Have a nice day.
Well that’s an angry screed that fails to include a single example of how the average American family is being subjected to oppression and tyranny. I provided plenty of examples that highlight their freedoms.

So help us out here. How exactly is the dem party impinging on the rights and choices of this family?

Well that’s an angry screed that fails to include a single example of how the average American family is being subjected to oppression and tyranny. I provided plenty of examples that highlight their freedoms.

So help us out here. How exactly is the dem party impinging on the rights and choices of this family?
Not angry, very sad. The school system is indoctrinating their children and telling them their kids are property of the government. They are being brainwashed to believe it’s cool to change their gender with physical alterations, without parent’s consent this is going down as we post. Fathers are made to be bad guys unless they embrace the alphabet peoples twisted agenda.

• Haha
Reactions: mitchelldawg
Not angry, very sad. The school system is indoctrinating their children and telling them their kids are property of the government. They are being brainwashed to believe it’s cool to change their gender with physical alterations, without parent’s consent this is going down as we post. Fathers are made to be bad guys unless they embrace the alphabet peoples twisted agenda.
I disagree with your broad accusation of the school system. My kids attended public school in Atlanta for several years and they never eccountered a single example of what you reference.

But for the sake of this discussion, this family clearly has the means to send their kids to a private Christian school if that is their preference.

And if they attend private school there are no worries that anyone will attempt to convince the kids to change their gender, which is an absolutely absurd assertion anyway. Examples please?

So yes, this family is free to live the life and make the choices that they want. They deserve to be vilified when they try to legislate their morality and impose it in a way that limits other people’s ability to live their life and make the choices they prefer. That’s the entire point.

Last edited:
  • Love
I am with Willdup. this is pretty much I read it in a blog kind of talk. How have you been affected in a way that can inform us, ignorant libtards, that the pain is real?

Reactions: mitchelldawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT