ADVERTISEMENT

Last night was a win for pubs because it weakened trump and boosted Ron D….

-lowcountrydawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
May 20, 2002
charleston sc usa
Long game here. Trump’s policies were great but he screwed himself and his party with his words, and he isn’t gonna win another national election.

DeSantis is a stud. Trump grit, but smarter, and much less divisive. Bottom line - he can win and Trump can’t because Trump does more to boost democrat turnout than anyone in history. A DeSantis versus Biden debate would be a TKO in the first minute. They may just skip the election and give him the presidency after the first debate.

Congress is divided. Gov and Biden can’t do shit. That was the case whether there was a red wave or not.

Net net the fact it wasn’t a red wave sets us up for putting Trump in the rear view mirror. And ultimately that’s how the pubs get back to power.

Last edited:
We need Desantis but I can't accept yesterday was moral win for conservatives or this nation as a whole
No one wants to admit it but the whole abortion thing was an unforced error of maximum stupidity. Regardless of anyone’s personal views, the country feels differently. Every freaking yoga studio in the country had a get out the vote to protect womens rights campaign. Those voters didn’t know what a midterm was until poked in the eye by the whole issue. Red tsunami was on if not for abortion issue. Stupid.

My point remains. We lost bragging rights. That’s it. We gained a situation that sets the stage for Ron D. Dude is a leader. Trump is done. 2024 is ours and it wouldn’t have been had Trump been lifted up last night.

No one wants to admit it but the whole abortion thing was an unforced error of maximum stupidity. Regardless of anyone’s personal views, the country feels differently. Every freaking yoga studio in the country had a get out the vote to protect womens rights campaign. Those voters didn’t know what a midterm was until poked in the eye by the whole issue. Red tsunami was on if not for abortion issue. Stupid.

My point remains. We lost bragging rights. That’s it. We gained a situation that sets the stage for Ron D. Dude is a leader. Trump is done. 2024 is ours and it wouldn’t have been had Trump been lifted up last night.
I agree. I actually posted that same idea in a different thread. The Dems ran on MAGA bad (Jan 6) & abortion rights. They had literally everything else working against them especially the economy and still won out .

Regardless if Roe v Wade was morally a win for America, it galvanized the left and may have done more long term damage to America than good

The left votes with their feelings. Don't give them something to rally around (Jan 6 & Roe v Wade) were two self inflicted wounds by conservatives

Reactions: FivePtsDawg
Don't think for one second that turning the party over to the McConnell/Murkowski Pubs is going to be a victory. They are what created Trump in the first place.

Now, I hate the fact that Trump had to be the one to take on DC but anyone that threatens the status quo is going to be destroyed with the help of Pubs. If DeSantis is the guy and he refuses to go along, he will be destroyed as well.

Don't think for one second that turning the party over to the McConnell/Murkowski Pubs is going to be a victory. They are what created Trump in the first place.

Now, I hate the fact that Trump had to be the one to take on DC but anyone that threatens the status quo is going to be destroyed with the help of Pubs. If DeSantis is the guy and he refuses to go along, he will be destroyed as well.
Murkowski could lose her senate seat today. Hope so

Long game here. Trump’s policies were great but he screwed himself and his party with his words, and he isn’t gonna win another national election.

DeSantis is a stud. Trump grit, but smarter, and much less divisive. Bottom line - he can win and Trump can’t because Trump does more to boost democrat turnout than anyone in history. A DeSantis versus Biden debate would be a TKO in the first minute. They may just skip the election and give him the presidency after the first debate.

Congress is divided. Gov and Biden can’t do shit. That was the case whether there was a red wave or not.

Net net the fact it wasn’t a red wave sets us up for putting Trump in the rear view mirror. And ultimately that’s how the pubs get back to power.
@lowcountrydawg if DeSantis is running he needs to announce. Ron’s wife is battling cancer. Florida citizens state he might wait 4 more years to not have his family have to stomach all the mud from the Dems. I have seen Yonkin might throw his name in. Who ever gets the nomination we all need to support. Otherwise it splits the vote and you have a Dem again.

Travis Tritt, well said!

Travis Tritt @TravisTritt

1m

If you've seen the commercials with Ed

Rollins where he is asking you to call a 1-800 number to voice your support for Ron DeSantis for President in 2024, I want you to remember something. In 1992, the GOP vote was split when Ross Perot entered the race between George Bush Sr. and Bill Clinton.

Bush lost to Clinton because of Perot. Ed Rollins is now trying to split the GOP vote again between Trump and DeSantis. I don't buy any of it and neither should you. Ed Rollins is a "Never Trumper".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT