ADVERTISEMENT

Lebron, Lebron, Lebron, Lebron, Lebron, Lebron, Lebron, Lebron, World Cup

There, you don't need to watch ESPN for the next 2 weeks.
Y'know, I have grown to like The Open with the links-type courses. It got better when the Brits quit trying and started letting Americans run the televising. You couldn't see the ball when they were doing it.

But this year, to paraphrase Charles Barkley, you'll be watching Tiger walking down fairways adjusting his crotch and spitting on greens while you're missing a damned double eagle by Bubba or one of the others I like.

Y'know, I have grown to like The Open with the links-type courses. It got better when the Brits quit trying and started letting Americans run the televising. You couldn't see the ball when they were doing it.

But this year, to paraphrase Charles Barkley, you'll be watching Tiger walking down fairways adjusting his crotch and spitting on greens while you're missing a damned double eagle by Bubba or one of the others I like.

Best thing recently is TV golf is that laser line that shows you the flight of the golf ball from strike to finish. Worst thing is that laser line is almost always following Eldrick's shot.

Best thing recently is TV golf is that laser line that shows you the flight of the golf ball from strike to finish. Worst thing is that laser line is almost always following Eldrick's shot.
Every time Eldrick's laser goes in the woods, I think at least we won't be watching his every shot. Always wrong. Only thing that sorta gets him off TV is missing the cut.

What do you expect? He's one of the greatest athletes of all time.

What do you expect? He's one of the greatest athletes of all time.
Also one of the very few golfers to be accused of cheating on the course by multiple VERY credible sources. Personal life is a grease fire. A lot of smoke about PEDs during the 10-year run. On tape making racist jokes just after they destroyed Fuzzy's career for doing the same. Screams f-bombs and GDs on TV during every tournament with kids watching. Spit on the greens at the Masters.

There are better people to pull for.

Reactions: 1966septemberdawg
Also one of the very few golfers to be accused of cheating on the course by multiple VERY credible sources. Personal life is a grease fire. A lot of smoke about PEDs during the 10-year run. On tape making racist jokes just after they destroyed Fuzzy's career for doing the same. Screams f-bombs and GDs on TV during every tournament with kids watching. Spit on the greens at the Masters.

There are better people to pull for.
Actually I was speaking of lebron

Reactions: deadduckdawg
There, you don't need to watch ESPN for the next 2 weeks.

It is The British Open... Never just "The Open". That British arrogance cost them lots of colonies over the years. But maybe you like calling Ohio State, "THE Ohio State University"?

And please cite your source on Tiger cheating on the course. I've seriously never, ever heard that. Would love to read about that one.

Reactions: bigdawg36
It is The British Open... Never just "The Open". That British arrogance cost them lots of colonies over the years. But maybe you like calling Ohio State, "THE Ohio State University"?

And please cite your source on Tiger cheating on the course. I've seriously never, ever heard that. Would love to read about that one.
Are you a golf fan?
"Friday’s incident was the latest of many that have dogged Woods this season and threaten to steal the headlines from his multiple wins. There was the improper drop in Abu Dhabi that resulted in a missed cut, the much-scrutinized and hotly debated near-DQ at the Masters, and a situation at The Players Championship that resulted in more forensic analysis and incredulity from Miller.

"That Tiger drop was really, really borderline," Miller said after Woods found the water hazard off the 14th tee in the final round at TPC Sawgrass in May. "I can't live with myself without saying that."
https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2013/...onship-2013-tiger-woods-penalty-johnny-miller

I'm sure you're capable of doing your own research.

Are you a golf fan?
"Friday’s incident was the latest of many that have dogged Woods this season and threaten to steal the headlines from his multiple wins. There was the improper drop in Abu Dhabi that resulted in a missed cut, the much-scrutinized and hotly debated near-DQ at the Masters, and a situation at The Players Championship that resulted in more forensic analysis and incredulity from Miller.

"That Tiger drop was really, really borderline," Miller said after Woods found the water hazard off the 14th tee in the final round at TPC Sawgrass in May. "I can't live with myself without saying that."
https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2013/...onship-2013-tiger-woods-penalty-johnny-miller

I'm sure you're capable of doing your own research.

Haha... Those are all poor examples of "cheating"... But carry on with your hatred.

Haha... Those are all poor examples of "cheating"... But carry on with your hatred.
I said he was one of the few to be ACCUSED of cheating by credible sources. Breaking rules and moving your ball, if intentional, are examples of cheating. Many thought he should have been DQed from the Masters.
"I’m surprised that Tiger did what he did, I mean, he knows the rules." -Arnold Palmer, who suggested Wednesday that Tiger Woods should have withdrawn from the Masters in April after tourney officials slapped him with a two-stroke penalty instead of a disqualification for taking an illegal drop during the second round.
https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2013/5/16/4336486/tiger-woods-2013-masters-arnold-palmer/in/3984009

They are accusations, not convictions, but when they come from Miller and Palmer, they are worth noting. There are many other accusations and inferences out there, but you won't see them while blinded by Tiger love.

And I reckon if they want to call their tournament The Open, they likely don't give a rat's ass whether you like it or not. World Series, anyone?

Last edited:
Reactions: nellis79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT