ADVERTISEMENT

Let's figure out who the Facists are

PotimusWillie

B2B Caffeinated Nat’l Champion
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2009
Lets play with Facism. It seems to be an important word thrown around quite often nowadays. Some of this is cut and paste and some my own thoughts.

Part of the reason why fascism seems to apply to so many different social and political viewpoints is that it is notoriously difficult to define. Mussolini's brand of Fascism is not exactly like Hitler's brand of Fascism, which is not the same as Francisco Franco's Fascism (in Spain) nor the neofascist (post-WWII) movements characterized by groups like the Skinheads. Still, there are some basic principles that can identify a Fascist movement:

• Absolute power of the State: The Fascist state is a glorious, living entity that is more important than any individual. All individuals are part of the State, but the State is greater than the sum of its parts. All individuals must set aside their own needs and supplicate themselves to the needs of the State. There is no law or other power that can limit the authority of the State.
So basically, the government structure supported by the Democratic Party is Fascist by
definition. The "it takes a village" mentality is right on with this. I suggest that we fall into the "it
takes a village quagmire because we are unwilling to parent ourselves. We are too self
absorbed with us.
  • Survival of the fittest: A Fascist state is only as glorious and powerful as its ability to wage wars and win them. Peace is viewed as weakness, aggression as strength. Strength is the ultimate good and ensures the survival of the State.
This is exactly the mentality the liberal progressive movement is endorsing, while the
conservative movement sees strength as a deterrent to war or protest.
  • Strict social order: Social classes are strictly maintained in order to avoid "mob rule" or any hint of chaos. Chaos is a threat to the State. The State's absolute power and greatness depends on the maintenance of a class system in which every individual has a specific place, and that place cannot be altered.
This is the new mantra in how we have specialized classes of people in regards to sexual
orientation, religion or ideology. We have gotten to the point where we are asking the
government to stop freedom of opinion.
  • Authoritarian leadership: To maintain the power and greatness of the State requires a single, charismatic leader with absolute authority. This all-powerful, heroic leader maintains the unity and unquestioning submission required by the Fascist state. The authoritarian leader is often viewed as a symbol of the State.
Funny how we were to marvel over a "black president" or the crowning of the first woman
president. We wanted them to rule decisively and with upmost power to move the liberal
progressive movement forward. Somehow, when the conservative white male won, he is
facist.

Some people use "fascist" to describe any authoritarian person or government. But as you can see, authoritarianism is only part of the philosophy. Communism under Stalin was an authoritarian political philosophy, too; but Fascism is directly opposed to Communism (along with democracy, liberalism, humanism and rationalism). Aside from the above principles, a Fascist state also typically promotes a private economy that submits to government regulation; immediate (and often violent) submission of any opposing views; the ethnic dominance of its own people and the lower status of outsiders.

While politicians and Conservative pundits seem more than willing to make a connection between a socio-political philosophy like fascism and a religion-based philosophy like Islamic fundamentalism, scholars are much less quick to cross that bridge. "Religious fascism," sometimes called "clerical fascism," has been a subject of debate since the latter term was coined to describe what some viewed as the relationship between the Catholic Church and the Mussolini regime. Some people saw the Church as a supporter of Fascism in Italy. Since religion can be so closely tied to ethnicity, many scholars have found philosophical similarities between political fascism and religious fundamentalism. On the other hand, the word is not exactly morally neutral in its contemporary usage. "Fascist" has become a common slur -- a blanket term used to mean "really bad guy." Making a connection between a particular religion and fascism can be a dangerous undertaking considering fascism's current connotation and the inherent difficulty in defining any singular fascist philosophy.

So to recap, here is my take of Facism.

1) The Nazi's put the Brown Shirts in the streets to destroy and intimidate. The progressive liberals are doing this now. Any conservative speaker is being shouted down and protested. No opinion other than the liberal progressive way is tolerated. We are not free to voice an opinion and allow due process of our economy take care of it. Opinions that don't meet the liberal mantra are shouted down. The new skinheads are the liberal progressive campus riots destroying property of others while enjoying anarchy.
2) The Nazi's promoted, many times by silence, the destruction of property and life to promote the nazi ideal. The leaders either promoted it outright or hide behind the silence of their position.
3) Being a proud countryman does not make me a Facist. An African American in that definition is a Facist for demanding the use of the African continent in how they are described. Pride in ownership. Pride in your country does not make you a Facist. It makes you a proud countryman.
4) Protecting the sovereignty of your country does not make you a Facist. If you tax your citizens, the leaderships first right of responsibility is protecting those who fund the system.
5) Calling a man who owns privately held businesses and publiclly held businesses and employs thousands, a Facist, is pretty stupid. Calling a man who desires less government control a Facist is pretty stupid.

There is a quote, that many contribute to Churchill, but it wasn't. He said that in the future, the facists will be the anti-facists. And sure enough, that is what is happening. The Facist movement is destroying business in the streets and attacking those with opposing viewpoints. The Facists hide behind the moniker of journalism to spread propoganda and lies to influence the populace.

Open to discussion. Bring it on. Will be happy to discuss with you.

I think you caught the 'RATs at a bad time Willy. They are mostly hiding and applying 'RATbalm to their bungholes. They've had a very tough few weeks with SCOTUS hammering their umAmericanism, Obama being exposed as knowing far in advance what the Russians were trying to do and sitting on his prosthetic penis while it happened, Comey admitting he told Trump that he wasn't even under investigation and implicating Lo Retta, Susan Rice headed for the Senate investigatory committee, CNN getting caught faking news and the list goes on and on.

My good father, one of four brothers who fought in WWII, told me that as an American, I may not believe what you do, but it's my responsibility to give my life for what you believe. That's what I believe. All the name calling be damned, nobody on here is a fascist.

My good father, one of four brothers who fought in WWII, told me that as an American, I may not believe what you do, but it's my responsibility to give my life for what you believe. That's what I believe. All the name calling be damned, nobody on here is a fascist.

Did anyone here call anyone a facist? Behavior dictates what someone is. There is a lot of name calling out there right now and most don't have a clue what they are saying. Basically, if I fly a flag in my yard, I am a facist because it promotes nationalism. At least for those just involved in anarchy.

We have the freedom to be facist or racist or Methodist. We have that right in this country without anyone burning down my store or shouting me down.

If the shoe fits......

Did anyone here call anyone a facist? Behavior dictates what someone is. There is a lot of name calling out there right now and most don't have a clue what they are saying. Basically, if I fly a flag in my yard, I am a facist because it promotes nationalism. At least for those just involved in anarchy.

We have the freedom to be facist or racist or Methodist. We have that right in this country without anyone burning down my store or shouting me down.

If the shoe fits......

To me, you are not a fascists for flying a flag. I'm the only one on my little street who flies an American flag. During football season, I also fly a UGA flag. And yes, you do have a right to be a Fascists, Muslim, Jew, Christian, Deists, or whatever.
But your rights end if they interfere with mine, and my rights end if they interfere with yours. The problem is that with all of those rights goes a lot of responsibility.
There are also checks and balances on some freedoms.

To me, you are not a fascists for flying a flag. I'm the only one on my little street who flies an American flag. During football season, I also fly a UGA flag. And yes, you do have a right to be a Fascists, Muslim, Jew, Christian, Deists, or whatever.
But your rights end if they interfere with mine, and my rights end if they interfere with yours. The problem is that with all of those rights goes a lot of responsibility.
You sound very much like a libertarian.

That is the truth right there. Good stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT