ADVERTISEMENT

Little League Story - coach was told to stop walk up music

ugaballers

National Champion
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2003
My son has played for the same little league. coach the last few years. Dude is awesome; up till yesterday he had each kid pick a walk up song. Had a big Bluetooth speaker and played each song for ~20 seconds. Kids and parents loved it. Yesterday the league told him stop - parents were pissed. Said it was a nuisance for others. What say you? Am I wrong that we should be making game fun? Kinda blown away from the interaction and what I witnessed

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
My son has played for the same little league. coach the last few years. Dude is awesome; up till yesterday he had each kid pick a walk up song. Had a big Bluetooth speaker and played each song for ~20 seconds. Kids and parents loved it. Yesterday the league told him stop - parents were pissed. Said it was a nuisance for others. What say you? Am I wrong that we should be making game fun? Kinda blown away from the interaction and what I witnessed
What others are they talking about? Some people are too politically correct now instead of just relaxing and having a good time.

There is an app where you can have your favorite MLB announcer announce your kid as he comes to the plate. (Now batting, number 10, ugaballers) If music isn't allowed go with that. But I agree with others, play the music. It is supposed to be fun.

Ridiculous. Sports should be fun and kids love the walk-up music.

The few are winning

Little League parents check their brains in the parking lot.

Put three boys through the drill and I've never seen so many otherwise rational and successful people go completely irrationally unhinged over perceived slights and playing time.

I will say 20 seconds of walkup for every batter in a LL game would slow things down, given three up and three down isn't really a thing, could be tedious, especially if it went on all game. Give them 10 seconds at most and do it first time up.

have a parent play it outside the playing field….

play the following for the opposing team so it’s equal:

Rick Astley - never gonna give you up
taco - putting on the ritz
toni basil - mickey
bobby mcferrin - don’t worry be happy
? - rock me amadeus
? - wake me up before you go go
europe - final countdown
starship -we built this city on rock n roll

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT