ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like one American company was spared from Chinese tariffs...Ivanka's

dawgfood0612

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2008
Since all of Ivanka's products are made overseas (with China being the largest supplier by far), the Donald conveniently left these items off the tariff list.

Go figure.

Since all of Ivanka's products are made overseas (with China being the largest supplier by far), the Donald conveniently left these items off the tariff list.

Go figure.
Good. I hope he saves his largest tariffs for tissues, in order to punish the crying liberals for not shutting up.

Go figure.
This can't be. Trump promised to drain the swamp and end this stuff...are you saying he didn't mean it???

He’s gonna stick a “liberal” up your ass in 30 minutes who will show you what the Constitution is about for the next 30 years.
Doesn’t bother me. I’m glad for him to appoint a conservative jurist. I’m not glad for him to do this tariff BS and allow his parade of grifters to run amuck. Those things are inconsistent with conservative ideology but certainly consistent with Manhattan liberalism.

Doesn’t bother me. I’m glad for him to appoint a conservative jurist. I’m not glad for him to do this tariff BS and allow his parade of grifters to run amuck. Those things are inconsistent with conservative ideology but certainly consistent with Manhattan liberalism.
It bothers the HELL out of you. Admit it; you’ll be happier with your self if you do.

It bothers the HELL out of you. Admit it; you’ll be happier with your self if you do.
It sure doesn’t. I’m a member of the Federalist Society which, essentially, is picking the judge. It’s one of the few things that has pleased me about this executive. Gorsuch is a wonderful jurist

It sure doesn’t. I’m a member of the Federalist Society which, essentially, is picking the judge. It’s one of the few things that has pleased me about this executive. Gorsuch is a wonderful jurist

Not sure what is up your ass. So much good going in the nation and you are on here complaining that Ivanka’s panties aren’t a part of a trade war....get a life

Shit, D-ville! You done got everybody all riled up. Troublemaker!

You need to go ahead and get fully on board the Trump Train with us. We’ve got room for one more!

I’m working on bigdawg36 as well so I can’t hold the spot open forever.

I have a good idea for you tariff haters. Tell me how YOU would erase a $800 Billion annual trade deficit.

From Bob Bryan of BI.

According to multiple reports, Trump brought up the idea of totally free trade during a meeting with the other G7 leaders which include the heads of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the UK, and representative for the EU.

"Ultimately that's what you want, you want tariff free, no barriers, and you want no subsides because you have some countries subsidizing industries and that's not fair," Trump said. "So you go tariff free, you go barrier free, you go subsidy free, that's the way you learned at the Wharton School of Finance."

Trump is using tariffs to demonstrate the lunacy of the current free trade policy. Trump is a free trader but that doesn't mean free to thee and not to me. He understands our market is the ace card of negotiating leverage and if the EU and China want to construct trade barriers, subsidize their companies and add tariffs to protect selected industries then we are entitled to take action to level the playing field. The establishment version of free trade hasn't worked very well.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
I have a good idea for you tariff haters. Tell me how YOU would erase a $800 Billion annual trade deficit.
I wouldn’t. Your question assumes that a trade deficit is an issue. It isn’t. Having products made in other countries allows our workers to perform more highly skilled tasks or tasks that cannot be outsourced. It also allows us to have less expensive products than if they were made here.

I wouldn’t. Your question assumes that a trade deficit is an issue. It isn’t. Having products made in other countries allows our workers to perform more highly skilled tasks or tasks that cannot be outsourced. It also allows us to have less expensive products than if they were made here.
So, all the people who used to work in textile and apparel manufacturing in US small towns are now working for NASA?

Trade defect IS an issue. BTW, you might want to review your post. Your points make absolutely no sense.

Go figure.
Well, the tariffs on foreign money has really slowed down the Clinton Foundation. Or maybe it is related to the fact she has no power to do them favors. I guess we will never know.

I wish the tariffs would start to include the Chinese replicas of American electric guitars. I got a closet full of them. They are "nice" guitars, and should be worth way more than the $100-$300 each, that I paid for them. Especially the $100 "Gibson" Les Paul Goldtop with P90's.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
I wish the tariffs would start to include the Chinese replicas of American electric guitars. I got a closet full of them. They are "nice" guitars, and should be worth way more than the $100-$300 each, that I paid for them. Especially the $100 "Gibson" Les Paul Goldtop with P90's.
So, our government does nothing about the replicas, but the Obama admin raids Gibson twice and confiscates their wood, a contributing cause of their bankruptcy.

So, our government does nothing about the replicas, but the Obama admin raids Gibson twice and confiscates their wood, a contributing cause of their bankruptcy.
Well, to be honest, the ones I bought have the headstock shape changed just enough to avoid copyright issues, and don't have a counterfeit Gibson label on them. But they are a lot of exact counterfeits out there, for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT