ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Mea Culpa. Covid Far Worse than I Knew

Wanting to return to normal life and agreeing with the narrative that this is no different than 2018 (the point of the original post) are two entirely different things. Part of the reason we are currently in the worst position of the entire developed world is because of people who matter (unlike any of us on this board) insisting it would magically go away.

And your comment about quarantining is bunk. We have real-world proof in Sweden, the example that all the deniers pointed too until the numbers proved them dead wrong.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1102257/cumulative-coronavirus-cases-in-the-nordics/

https://partner.sciencenorway.no/ep...-reduced-hospitalizations-drastically/1701510
Nope 2009, 2018, and 2020 are the same thing. Respiratory viral pandemics. We have been here before. We will have another one again.The world doesn't end. Millions don't die. This was a dramatic overreaction.

You don't quarantine healthy people.

Not to me. Millions making more money sitting on their ass has a lot to do with it. I know a lot of service industry workers. They are making more than they though they ever would doing nothing. I don't love hearing people talking like that but they do. Most of them aren't really scared to go back; they just don't want to go back, That extra bump on top of regular unemployment isn't good, but who's taking that away before the election? I know that is supposed to end soon, but I don't think it will.
Can't argue with that.

Reactions: JohnnyBeeDawg
This narrative is wrong and easy to prove so. Total "deaths above average" (which eliminates any bias as to how deaths are categorized) is far higher during Covid19 than during H1N1 in 2018. And that higher death total is WITH the unprecedented global shutdown that was instituted. We can't know what total deaths would be without the shut-down, but can we agree it would have been higher, probably significantly higher?

Comparing the two also does not take into account the growing evidence of significant issues for those who do not die, or even require hospitalization but are currently struggling with very difficult issues.

Even with improved treatment and an ongoing reduction of the overall mortality rate, we are growing the topline number at an increasing rate and taking limited action to reduce that. To be clear, I am not a proponent of shutting everything down again. But to underplay the challenge we are still facing is just stupid.

I said back in late April we were still in the first inning and was roundly mocked by some on here. Well, we are maybe in the second or third inning and have good reason to believe this fall/winter could pose a huge threat. Let's try and treat it as such.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm
Data for the last three weeks on the table is at or well below the threshold line. Will be interesting to see in the coming weeks if that holds. Given the old age and comorbidities of those that are dying from Covid, I think there is the potential for a spike above historical deaths with a corresponding trough below historical death rates, and the average over the past 6 months or so will end up being in-line with prior years. The virus effectively caused a concentration of deaths for people that were likely to die in the coming year regardless. Just a theory, but I work in senior care and this seems to anecdotally be playing out. Only time will tell.

Reactions: KirbedEnthusiasm
Data for the last three weeks on the table is at or well below the threshold line. Will be interesting to see in the coming weeks if that holds. Given the old age and comorbidities of those that are dying from Covid, I think there is the potential for a spike above historical deaths with a corresponding trough below historical death rates, and the average over the past 6 months or so will end up being in-line with prior years. The virus effectively caused a concentration of deaths for people that were likely to die in the coming year regardless. Just a theory, but I work in senior care and this seems to anecdotally be playing out. Only time will tell.
That's a great point and things could definitely play out that way. My concern is that the topline number is increasing rapidly, along with some significant spikes in % positive getting to and above the 10% threshold. More hospitals are starting to experience more strain from more cases. The next sixty days will be telling.

https://www.mississippifreepress.or...sippi-patients-five-icus-full-as-virus-booms/

Umm...

The first article is from May 13 in London and the literal headline says ‘dies of disease linked to COVID-19’

The second article is May 19 and once again says ‘rare inflammatory illness linked to COVID-19’

Third article is from March 30 in Portugal. It also mentions he had psoriasis which can effect the immune system

Fourth article is from March 31 in London

Last article is the most recent from July 7. She was 17 and had an autoimmune disorder, was obese and a nervous-system disorder... That seems like complete negligence by her parents in not protecting her more and I would love for there to be a follow-up on that

ANY death is sad and especially when they are children but those 5 random cases from the last 3+ months aren’t a good argument when we just had at least 4 children shot and killed over last weekend in protest and riot laden cities run by Dems

Yeah...NONE of those are coronavirus deaths.
Do you have any links that show a child dying of coronavirus? No. You dont.[/QUOTE

clearly you went to the Trump school of half truth’s. You also don’t have a clue how Corona virus works.

maybe you can enlighten me how these children passed away Dr Johnny? Can’t wait for your diagnosis.
The first article is from May 13 in London and the literal headline says ‘dies of disease linked to COVID-19’

The second article is May 19 and once again says ‘rare inflammatory illness linked to COVID-19’

Third article is from March 30 in Portugal. It also mentions he had psoriasis which can effect the immune system

Last article is the most recent from July 7. She was 17 and had an autoimmune disorder, was obese and a nervous-system disorder... That seems like complete negligence by her parents in not protecting her more and I would love for there to be a follow-up on that

ANY death is sad and especially when they are children but those 5 random cases from the last 3+ months aren’t a good argument when we just had at least 4 children shot and killed over last weekend in protest and riot laden cities run by Dems

"dies of disease linked to COVID-19’"

Geezus dude, Covid 19 causes a myriad of diseases...its that simple! Just like the Flu causes Pneumonia and people die from it.

You wouldn't know the truth if if bit you on the ass. Ignored!

Yeah to pretend this is not a direct result at least in part to the "peaceful protestors" is laughable at this point. You can't tell me that im spreading covid19 at the beach with my family but not if I'm packed on a road with strangers. If it is this bad then protesters, antifa etc need to be eradicated immediately. With force if needed.
Great! Then we’ll turn to the much larger group of selfish, self-indulgent bastards on the beaches and in the bars. Shucks, we’ll have this thing knocked out in no time.

"dies of disease linked to COVID-19’"

Geezus dude, Covid 19 causes a myriad of diseases...its that simple! Just like the Flu causes Pneumonia and people die from it.

You wouldn't know the truth if if bit you on the ass. Ignored!
LOL. "COVID-19 causes a myriad of diseases"
You should work for Pravda.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
Here's the story in Georgia, through today.

For people under 20, there have been 6864 confirmed cases, 121 hospitalizations, and ONE death.

For people from 20-29, there have been 25,353 confirmed cases (by far the largest number in a 10 year age bracket, BTW), 767 hospitalizations and 15 deaths.

The link to the info is here: Scroll down to "covid-19 case demographics"

https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report
Yep....here you go....death statistics Pre-Covid.

A person dies approximately every 11.14 seconds

Number of deaths per year: 2,830,688

Number of deaths per day: 7,755

Number of deaths per hour: 323

Source: United Nations World Population Prospects 2019,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT