ADVERTISEMENT

Monty Rice..

if he’s entitled to say whatever he wants, why are people getting butthurt over his opinion?! Because people don’t agree with him, he needs to shut up and tackle. I’ve yet to see anyone tell Herschel to shut up and run or shut up and fight. Why is that? Easy answer, because they agree with his opinion. If he didn’t think the way that he did, the same people who tell Monty to shut up and tackle would be dismissing his(Herschel’s) opinion.
People can vote or like anyone . I just they could be informed on the issues
I can honestly say if the media who report the news everyday would try to be impartial . If think they are you must have your head buried in the sand.
Colleges seem to be bastion for liberal thinking to say the least.

He's not getting backlash for any political viewpoint or speaking out - he's getting backlash for posting a screenshot of Herschel speaking at the RNC with a banner of a racial slur above it (presumably because he takes issue with HW speaking about his own political viewpoint - how ironic).

Monty needs to grow up. He's getting a lesson in being an adult in the real world right now, so maybe he will.
He is falling for the trap, it just goes on and on....

Last edited:
Reactions: seatonsdawgs
I Love Kirby for being who he is. While he can definitely educate his guys to use better judgement, it’s not his place to tell a person of color how to handle his emotion. Benching a player for using a derogatory word towards another human being is as asinine as it gets.

Wow you and a few others ITT are truly blinded... wrong is wrong my man... but it’s obvious you see color more than I do... we are all humans with red blood... this attitude is the same reason so many LEO are disrespected... so a coach can’t discipline his players now for bringing unnecessary negative attention to the school that’s giving them a free education and a platform to change their lives forever for the better? They could learn a lot from someone like HW34.

Moreover, this is the same logic some in the black community use when they protest over a wanted criminal that blatantly resisted arrest and gets shot... but on the other hand say nothing when numerous innocent children and people are shot in those same communities by their own race every week... oh well, I’m black and he’s black, so we can call each other bad names... oh well, I’m black and he’s black, so we can shoot at each other too... But if a white person does the same thing, they are a white supremacist racist... bizarre logic for 2020... until theses communities fix this lack of respect between each other, and the unbelievable 70% illegitimacy rate... nothings going to change... stop worrying about “dat drip” and fix your lives and communities... wake up.

This season is off to a great start... It’s only the beginning and it’s surely going to intensify... What are all these spoiled pampered snowflake athletes going to do when Trump wins re-election? More protest?

Kirbstomp’s, Lanning’s, etc. livelihoods all depend on getting some of these kids with these same terribly misguided values to play for them... do you think they are truly going to tell these kids how they feel about politics/life and chance being labeled the R word?... hell no... they will continue to coddle them and be forced to put out silly apologetic statements to show their wokeness... Sad.

I want to watch and follow my beloved Dawgs, but this kinda stuff is/will push long time fans away... I’ve been sitting in the same seats since I as born in the late 70s and it means so much for me to have my son sit there with me as I did with my dad... It’s depressing thinking about having to watch out of touch players kneeling, wearing patches, etc. aka expressing themselves, but since I have the opposite belief(s) then I’ll need to just sit and stay quiet... and/or raise my fist in the air when I’m called out by the mob.

My goodness the mainstream media and Dems have infected a large percentage of the population in this country... literally stirring up race tensions because of their hatred of Trump... Then blaming it on him... the game is forever changed now... these players need to realize they have a tremendous opportunity and are given everything they need at UGA... if you aren’t happy and/or want to “persist and resist” go home... unbelievable these times folks... I pray we all learn and change for the better... for everyone!

Wow you and a few others ITT are truly blinded... wrong is wrong my man... but it’s obvious you see color more than I do... we are all humans with red blood... this attitude is the same reason so many LEO are disrespected... so a coach can’t discipline his players now for bringing unnecessary negative attention to the school that’s giving them a free education and a platform to change their lives forever for the better? They could learn a lot from someone like HW34.

Moreover, this is the same logic some in the black community use when they protest over a wanted criminal that blatantly resisted arrest and gets shot... but on the other hand say nothing when numerous innocent children and people are shot in those same communities by their own race every week... oh well, I’m black and he’s black, so we can call each other bad names... oh well, I’m black and he’s black, so we can shoot at each other too... But if a white person does the same thing, they are a white supremacist racist... bizarre logic for 2020... until theses communities fix this lack of respect between each other, and the unbelievable 70% illegitimacy rate... nothings going to change... stop worrying about “dat drip” and fix your lives and communities... wake up.

This season is off to a great start... It’s only the beginning and it’s surely going to intensify... What are all these spoiled pampered snowflake athletes going to do when Trump wins re-election? More protest?

Kirbstomp’s, Lanning’s, etc. livelihoods all depend on getting some of these kids with these same terribly misguided values to play for them... do you think they are truly going to tell these kids how they feel about politics/life and chance being labeled the R word?... hell no... they will continue to coddle them and be forced to put out silly apologetic statements to show their wokeness... Sad.

I want to watch and follow my beloved Dawgs, but this kinda stuff is/will push long time fans away... I’ve been sitting in the same seats since I as born in the late 70s and it means so much for me to have my son sit there with me as I did with my dad... It’s depressing thinking about having to watch out of touch players kneeling, wearing patches, etc. aka expressing themselves, but since I have the opposite belief(s) then I’ll need to just sit and stay quiet... and/or raise my fist in the air when I’m called out by the mob.

My goodness the mainstream media and Dems have infected a large percentage of the population in this country... literally stirring up race tensions because of their hatred of Trump... Then blaming it on him... the game is forever changed now... these players need to realize they have a tremendous opportunity and are given everything they need at UGA... if you aren’t happy and/or want to “persist and resist” go home... unbelievable these times folks... I pray we all learn and change for the better... for everyone!

Why do you use an elipsis instead of a period?

A point of general advice for all here: don’t read, worry about, or respond to the social media posts of players.

Hell, you can also just delete twitter/fb/insta. It’s amazing how much less stressed and unhappy you will be.
The day I left Facebook was a great day. I cancelled my Twitter account but I still read it and I never had an instagram account, although I have been told that you automatically got one if you were a Facebook user. Since I have zero posts there, I will just let it stand if that's the case. Would be nothing to see but a name.

Tic Toc or whatever you call it - please. Would never join that China crap. I've never even done ZOOM. I am all dawgchat and text now.

"Now if you'd just leave here" - LOL. I don't think I'm that important that anyone truly cares whether I post here or not, especially with the joyous ignore button, which can be used on me as easily as I use it on others (Freedom!). Just preempting a possible snide reply of that type by saying it first.

Yeah it still goes on there, they’re just skipping the usual terms. Honestly don’t know why you guys let the chat continue. IMO, it significantly devalues what this website used to be
You don't have to read it, Todd. Allright, allright, allright ......

To be perfectly honestly I doubt you share much in common politically with people like Kirby or Lanning. Their careers are defined by the ability to understand and relate to a diverse set of youth both black and white with a variety of upbringings. I would be shocked if they held such deeply racist views like yourself where they have the desire to silence their players.

If a player taking a knee or wearing a patch as a political statement bothers you that much, then you're the one who is the snowflake

I sympathize with Monty Rice and I understand how hurt he and I'm sure many other African American athletes that represent UGA felt by Hershel Walker's cameo on the RNC.

Funny the double standard for some on twitter.
Man, if they are hurt by HW speaking up for his friend then we are in trouble. Nobody makes them play here or stay here. Leave and pay for school like most students have to do. Hurt feelings are a big part of life. It's a mean old world out here and it always has been and always will be. We are probably about to go through a real mean streak in this world for awhile so Monty and others best thicken those skins off the field if the GOAT speaking at a GOP convention "hurts" them.

I actually don't think it "hurts" many of them, personally, either physically or mentally. Social media is just the devil.

I mean his point is pathetic that he doesn't respect our players expressing themselves. I'll ask a more pointed question on the content.

I just also find it odd grammatically that he uses three periods instead of one and wanted to ask why. If you want to call people a 'tard' for asking that question, then that reflects upon your character.
If he does desire to use an ellipsis, then the use of three periods is correct. I think. Sometimes I use more. Sometimes I use ----.

Reactions: ferris
To be perfectly honestly I doubt you share much in common politically with people like Kirby or Lanning. Their careers are defined by the ability to understand and relate to a diverse set of youth both black and white with a variety of upbringings. I would be shocked if they held such deeply racist views like yourself where they have the desire to silence their players.

If a player taking a knee or wearing a patch as a political statement bothers you that much, then you're the one who is the snowflake
Bless your heart.....................

Reactions: NAugDawg321
If he does desire to use an ellipsis, then the three periods are correct. I think. Sometimes I use more. Sometimes I use ----.

it's very odd

From personal experience, a number of older people use them online and in text messages. I find it interesting how common ellipsis are - there have been other interesting quirks like excessive spacing, but the ellipsis is fascinating in how common it is among older demographics in particular.

Younger folk have their... let's call them 'unique' preferences as well, don't get me wrong

Man, if they are hurt by HW speaking up for his friend then we are in trouble. Nobody makes them play here or stay here. Leave and pay for school like most students have to do. Hurt feelings are a big part of life. It's a mean old world out here and it always has been and always will be. We are probably about to go through a real mean streak in this world for awhile so Monty and others best thicken those skins off the field if the GOAT speaking at a GOP convention "hurts" them.

I actually don't think it "hurts" many of them, personally, either physically or mentally. Social media is just the devil.
What hurts black Americans the most are white liberals. Malcolm X nailed it on this topic.

Yeah, players have the right to speak up. Others have no problem voicing their opinions. Although Monty could’ve disagreed more appropriately.
Don't mess with the GOAT and racially slur him if you play ball here. Or do. He can think any way he wants and he is a good player that will likely make millions in the NFL (and then go broke), but he'll never be GOAT.

Ummmm okay?

My goodness the mainstream media and Dems have infected a large percentage of the population in this country... literally stirring up race tensions because of their hatred of Trump... Then blaming it on him... the game is forever changed now... these players need to realize they have a tremendous opportunity and are given everything they need at UGA... if you aren’t happy and/or want to “persist and resist” go home... unbelievable these times folks... I pray we all learn and change for the better... for everyone![/QUOTE

ummm ok?

Don't mess with the GOAT and racially slur him if you play ball here. Or do. He can think any way he wants and he is a good player that will likely make millions in the NFL (and then go broke), but he'll never be GOAT.
LMFAOOOOOO!

Absolutely not, but I can understand how that could have hurt many in that community. Unfortunately my last post was deleted but I said I sympathize with Monty and understand how Hershel Walkers cameo could have been hurtful.

And if you cant understand that then its people like you who are the problem in our society.
I get so sick of hearing “hurtful”. No one feels any pain or hurt from another person having an opposing position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT