ADVERTISEMENT

More "Bidenomics"

WyoDawg307

Username change stuck in Yahoo purgatory
Gold Member
Oct 9, 2001
Jackson Wy sometimes Gainesville, Ga
Lets look at this guvmint logic:

1. Block a critical pipeline to help US oil producers in 2021. Add more mandates on fuel and deny any new oil drilling.
2. Biden demands OPEC produce more oil in August '21 and they laughed in derision.
3. Feb 2022. Start a war with Russia and sanction Russian oil, which forces oil up to $95/b
4. Throughout 2022, sell off the oil reserve for political reasons in an election year (and to try and keep a lid on inflation)
5. WH announces in Oct 2022 they desire to refill the reserve @ $67-72/B
6. Continue draining the reserve through 2023
7. March 2024 - announce they plan to resume buying oil to refill the reserve, with oil headed to $90k+ barrel. Currently $83 and climbing. After they missed out on buying oil at $68-$72/B, where it was in late December of 2023 and January 2024.

Oops.
Government math like this is how you end up 36 trillion in debt.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-...stock-Strategic-Oil-Reserves-by-Year-End.html
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...ty-encourage-production-and-bring-down-costs/

An article in the NYT about an oil symposium, says we have stop this idea of a “magical” switchover to solar and wind, and face the fact that we’ll be running on natural gas and oil for decades. I completely agree

yep!

Last edited:
Reactions: deadduckdawg

1. Block a critical pipeline to help US oil producers in 2021. Add more mandates on fuel and deny any new oil drilling.
2. Biden demands OPEC produce more oil in August '21 and they laughed in derision.
3. Feb 2022. Start a war with Russia and sanction Russian oil, which forces oil up to $95/b
4. Throughout 2022, sell off the oil reserve for political reasons in an election year (and to try and keep a lid on inflation)
7. March 2024 - announce they plan to resume buying oil to refill the reserve, with oil headed to $90k+ barrel. Currently $83 and climbing. After they missed out on buying oil at $68-$72/B, where it was in late December of 2023 and January 2024.

Oops.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-...stock-Strategic-Oil-Reserves-by-Year-End.html
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...ty-encourage-production-and-bring-down-costs/

letting loose of the oil reserve sold to China,
That was a two pronged poison,
aiding the enemy,
depleting our oil reserves to benefit political gain.

Oops.

You forgot - Biden was selling our strategic oil reserve to CHINA!

So are you guys saying US oil production has decreased under Biden?

So are you guys saying US oil production has decreased under Biden?
No that would be absolutely catastrophic given the fact that our population continues to grow and with it demand for fossil fuels. Gas would be at $6 a gallon if we kept production flat and that would be even more politically harmful to Biden than dealing with those on the left who would have us decreasing production.

What is obvious is that more friendly oil and gas policy would facilitate much more production and bring energy prices down. But we are willfully not doing that. Instead villifying oil companies and discouraging investment.

In other words, the “we are producing more than we were under Trump” argument is about as relevant as the “undocumented immigrants commit less crime than American citizens” argument.

There is a reason JoeB is underwater on inflarion and the border. No one buys the bullshit red herring arguments about either. They know that we would be doing things like increasing oil supply and arresting illegals under a better President.

No that would be absolutely catastrophic given the fact that our population continues to grow and with it demand for fossil fuels. Gas would be at $6 a gallon if we kept production flat and that would be even more politically harmful to Biden than dealing with those on the left who would have us decreasing production.

What is obvious is that more friendly oil and gas policy would facilitate much more production and bring energy prices down. But we are willfully not doing that. Instead villifying oil companies and discouraging investment.

In other words, the “we are producing more than we were under Trump” argument is about as relevant as the “undocumented immigrants commit less crime than American citizens” argument.

There is a reason JoeB is underwater on inflarion and the border. No one buys the bullshit red herring arguments about either. They know that we would be doing things like increasing oil supply and arresting illegals under a better President.
So let me understand this logic...gas was cheaper under Trump because he cut regulation and that was going to drive increased oil production resulting with cheaper gas. Instead Evil Brandon increase regulation yet oil production still increases. By your logic increaed oil production should have caused gas prices to decrease. This tells me maybe there are other factors to gas prices other than oil production. And I'm not saying its not some other Dem policy causing it but could also be tax or could be refinery cost, or corporate greed.

So let me understand this logic...gas was cheaper under Trump because he cut regulation and that was going to drive increased oil production resulting with cheaper gas. Instead Evil Brandon increase regulation yet oil production still increases. By your logic increaed oil production should have caused gas prices to decrease. This tells me maybe there are other factors to gas prices other than oil production. And I'm not saying its not some other Dem policy causing it but could also be tax or could be refinery cost, or corporate greed.
I am very simply stating the fact that oil production will always be higher with more friendly oil and gas policy, and you can argue who is "right" or not on policy, but no one can argue that Biden is more friendly to oil and gas with shutting down pipelines, EV mandates, red tape on new production / refineries, rhetoric villifying the industry as a whole, etc. Toeing the climate activist line.

The fact that production has increased nominally under Biden is irrelevant. It increases every year no matter who is President, along with the population and demand. The key fact is that it would have increased a lot more under Trump from 2021-2024, and it is an Econ 101 fact, as you correctly point out (I think) that with that increased supply, gas prices would come down.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
I am very simply stating the fact that oil production will always be higher with more friendly oil and gas policy, and you can argue who is "right" or not on policy, but no one can argue that Biden is more friendly to oil and gas with shutting down pipelines, EV mandates, red tape on new production / refineries, rhetoric villifying the industry as a whole, etc. Toeing the climate activist line.

The fact that production has increased nominally under Biden is irrelevant. It increases every year no matter who is President, along with the population and demand. The key fact is that it would have increased a lot more under Trump from 2021-2024, and it is an Econ 101 fact, as you correctly point out (I think) that with that increased supply, gas prices would come down.
How much more?

It's brutal, but when dumbf'cks are in charge of the country these types of things happen! The current administration is the worst in the history of our nation, they are doing tremendous harm to our country!
And i thought OIdiots administration was bad for ruining the health insurance industry

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
How much more?
As much as possible.

Like the border issue the question on policy that affects outcomes is all about intent.

If the intent is to prioritize green energy at the expense of oil companies, that’s totally fine but by definition it means you will limit the supply of oil to the detriment of current gas prices. Not debatable.

If the intent is to create an easier not harder path for illegals to gain entry in the country by undoing exec orders, that too is fine…:but by definition you will allow more illegals in the country, some of whom might kill coed joggers. Again not debatable.

Red herring irrelevant stats don’t change these facts. If you want credible arguments - argue that green energy is better long term at the expense of folks paying more at the pump today. Fair game maybe you have an argument. Argue that allowing more illegals is a moral obligation even if some of them kill folks. Fair game. But don’t try to say we would drill more oil and limit illegal immigration more with Biden versus Trump.

Bump for breaking news. You think this motivates debt and equity capital to participate in the expansion of oil production, thus lowering oil prices?

Washington Post Biden EV’s

Bump for breaking news. You think this motivates debt and equity capital to participate in the expansion of oil production, thus lowering oil prices?

Washington Post Biden EV’s
That dude declared war on the petroleum industry day one. Not only did it make us pay more at the pump…..it was the start of inflation.

It became a supply issue…..and it started very quickly. Damage has been done and can’t be undone.

Read the link you posted earlier, looks like he is headed back to where he was from day 1 in office.

Makes you wonder whose payroll he is on:

“Reckless Economic Policies”:

https://nypost.com/2023/10/21/joe-b...ic-policies-have-imperiled-national-security/

Joe’s first 2 acts - Open Border & “Go to war on Fossil Fuels” - Currently main 2 causes of inflation - Housing & energy. We have a 5 to 6 million housing unit shortage. Add whatever the ### of new US immigrants = housing inflation. War on Fossil Fuel is beyond Oil - natural gas, coal too. And Joe had no problems depleting our strategic reserves to supplement lower gas prices. Kemp was kind with suspending gas tax. Also Joe was selling our supplies to China. Basic laws of economics - reduce supply - prices go up - increase demand prices go up & off course print lots of $$$. Articles below. Now of course DNC blames Trump & GOP but immigration was not this type of problem under Trump or any previous president. There is lots of information - just google it. Look at the policies - not the people.

Here is a couple tidbits - China #1 producers of lithium batteries, solar panels & fentanyl.

The truth will set you free.

Immigration:

Fossil Fuel War:

Reactions: -lowcountrydawg
The cost of production is more for the USA than Middle Eastern countries,..we have an incredible oil reserve but need oil prices to be at a certain price to be profitable for investment because the oil is more difficult to render,...biden ran on a campaign of murdering oil companies, oil consumption, and denying access to public lands for oil exploration

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT