ADVERTISEMENT

My guess on the Devin Archer testimony

poorpreacher

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2003
Today is the day for the long awaited testimony of Hunter Biden's business partner. There is a lot of excitement and expectation about what he will say. To be honest, I don't expect a whole lot of anything will come from today's hearing.

I don't see any incentive for this guy to destroy the Bidens. On the other hand, can you imagine what the Bidens would be willing to do, for him to keep his mouth shut? (assuming he actually has incriminating information)

In my opinion, Archer has everything to lose, and nothing to gain, by testifying against the Bidens.

Today is the day for the long awaited testimony of Hunter Biden's business partner. There is a lot of excitement and expectation about what he will say. To be honest, I don't expect a whole lot of anything will come from today's hearing.

I don't see any incentive for this guy to destroy the Bidens. On the other hand, can you imagine what the Bidens would be willing to do, for him to keep his mouth shut? (assuming he actually has incriminating information)

In my opinion, Archer has everything to lose, and nothing to gain, by testifying against the Bidens.
Republicans were promoting a conspiracy theory (see below) that the DOJ was attempting to prevent Archer from testifying, to the point the DOJ had to respond to set the record straight.

That suggests Republicans are concerned the testimony itself is not going to be particularly impactful, which may very well be for the reasons you listed.

But why isn’t this testimony public? Shouldn’t we all be wanting transparency at this point? I want everyone involved in this case under oath and in full public view to tell us what they do and don’t know.

Republicans were promoting a conspiracy theory (see below) that the DOJ was attempting to prevent Archer from testifying, to the point the DOJ had to respond to set the record straight.

That suggests Republicans are concerned the testimony itself is not going to be particularly impactful, which may very well be for the reasons you listed.

But why isn’t this testimony public? Shouldn’t we all be wanting transparency at this point? I want everyone involved in this case under oath and in full public view to tell us what they do and don’t know.

I agree about the testimony being public, and under oath, for better or worse.

I am also disappointed at the misrepresentation of facts, suggesting the DOJ tried to prevent Archer from testifying. This is simply not true.

I'm no fan of the Bidens. I think President Biden probably WAS involved in Hunter's foreign business deals. (Just my opinion) And think the DOJ/FBI will do everything possible to cover that up.

But there is no reason to spread ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Certainly verification of conspiracy theory should have occurred BEFORE wild speculation but I’m fairly sure I read the letter from DOJ was dated either Friday the 28th or Saturday the 29th. Seems murky it was sent the weekend before he was scheduled to testify, if it was urgent it should have been sent weeks ago or waited to after his testimony. I think you could assume they were trying to rattle his cage so to speak.

libs will defend hunter all day every day
so sad
Debunking bullshit conspiracy theories and asking for full transparency are not defending Hunter or anyone else.
Certainly verification of conspiracy theory should have occurred BEFORE wild speculation but I’m fairly sure I read the letter from DOJ was dated either Friday the 28th or Saturday the 29th. Seems murky it was sent the weekend before he was scheduled to testify, if it was urgent it should have been sent weeks ago or waited to after his testimony. I think you could assume they were trying to rattle his cage so to speak.
Not an unreasonable assertion, but I believe the DOJ felt he was using this testimony to try and extend the start of his person term as long as possible.

He was convicted in 2018, after all.

Debunking bullshit conspiracy theories and asking for full transparency are not defending Hunter or anyone else.

Not an unreasonable assertion, but I believe the DOJ felt he was using this testimony to try and extend the start of his person term as long as possible.

The lying never stops. My question is whether these ppl can ever say anything that will insult your intelligence or are you too invested?

Did it matter how the testimony was going to go

Both sides would spin it.

Goalposts did move some for the Dem side though. It’s gone from Joe had no conversations or anything to do with Hunters business dealings

To he got in the phone with his sons business associates but it was just passive introductory conversation

not a good look

Pub media outlets (twitter clickers) really got the pub morons going with the DOJ issue for Archer

Like feeding starving wolves hahahah they ate it up

Reactions: poorpreacher
Did it matter how the testimony was going to go

Both sides would spin it.

Goalposts did move some for the Dem side though. It’s gone from Joe had no conversations or anything to do with Hunters business dealings

To he got in the phone with his sons business associates but it was just passive introductory conversation

not a good look

Pub media outlets (twitter clickers) really got the pub morons going with the DOJ issue for Archer

Like feeding starving wolves hahahah they ate it up
The best way to reduce the spin is to hold the testimony in public and republicans didn’t want to do that. In the absence of a public hearing, they could release the full transcripts, which they have also refused to do.

If the case is so damning, they should be committed to full transparency. The American people are owed that.

No, the DOJ was trying to intimidate him. You don’t decide on a Saturday before he testifies on a Monday that after 2 years it’s time for him to go to jail. That should have been done 9 months ago. Similar to the pending Fulton Case against Trump and Smith’s indictments yesterday. They should have been done in Fall of 2021, not late Summer of 23. I’m NOT defending Trump, but timing of this looks very dubious.

No, the DOJ was trying to intimidate him. You don’t decide on a Saturday before he testifies on a Monday that after 2 years it’s time for him to go to jail. That should have been done 9 months ago. Similar to the pending Fulton Case against Trump and Smith’s indictments yesterday. They should have been done in Fall of 2021, not late Summer of 23. I’m NOT defending Trump, but timing of this looks very dubious.
He was sentenced to one year in prison back in 2018. He’s managed to extend the start of that prison sentence for five years and the DOJ believes he has been using this testimony to extend it even further. The DOJ asked a judge to set the future date of the start of his sentence. It’s fair to say the timing of the request was designed to send the message that the DOJ’s patience is exhausted regarding the endless extension of the start of his sentence. It doesn’t mean they were attempting to impact his testimony.

Suggestions regarding the timing for Trump are BS. The documents case was pushed out as long as it was because the DOJ extended unprecedented deference to a former president and gave him eighteen months and multiple opportunities to return the documents.

The J6 case is one of the most important cases in our history and it is complex and involves a large group of co-conspirators (the six currently identified are just the start). We’ve never indicted a former POTUS, much less for attempting to steal an election. While I would have preferred to see this case a year or two ago, I’m not surprised it took Jack Smith this long to assemble a case comprehensive enough to indict, given the stakes involved.

The best way to reduce the spin is to hold the testimony in public and republicans didn’t want to do that. In the absence of a public hearing, they could release the full transcripts, which they have also refused to do.

If the case is so damning, they should be committed to full transparency. The American people are owed that.
I agree on public hearing....not sure why pubs wouldn't want that.

On the other hand same thing could be said for POTUS or his administration. The story has changed some from what he said......

Reactions: willdup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT