ADVERTISEMENT

ND: The United States Postal Service...

Awkward Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

This USPS is the absolute worst. It has become disgracefully bad. Didn't used to be that way. Someone needs to recognize that it is a dire problem and fix it.
I mailed two payments to different companies a month ago. Neither one has received them. I get the WSJ daily, The daily paper was always on time. . Now it is 3-4 days behind. Something is wrong.

We used to get two deliveries on a week day, an early delivery and a late delivery, and one on Saturday. The postal workers were mostly WWII vets and Korean War vets back then

Last edited:
My CPA mailed my tax return to me on March 5th. It was mailed "Priority Mail" and was delivered to my PO Box 31 days later and torn almost in half. Additionally, we haven't had anything delivereed to our PO Box now for 5 business days and there are usually at least 3 or 4 mailings in there each day. The sh*t is completely unacceptable. At this point it's probably very wise to use a private carrier, but we absolutely need to have a reliable and trustworthy national postal system.

Isn't there massive disruption because of the new atlanta distribution facility?

Postmaster Dejoy is trying to mess it up. He wants to have Fedex to take it over. He even said he is slowing it down.
Took too long for someone to point out the obvious in this thread. Some people prefer shutting down everything and privatizing it. Not going to get into it. But you need to state the obvious.

This USPS is the absolute worst. It has become disgracefully bad. Didn't used to be that way. Someone needs to recognize that it is a dire problem and fix it.
There U are….miss the old “monk-e-mail” interviews, guess some were just too sensitive. They were great right before kickoff time.

Here’s to ya:

Reactions: deadduckdawg
It is dead - can’t be saved no reason wasting money any longer.
Here is all that you need to know; years ago I did a tour of the large post office building near the Atlanta airport along I75. We were walking on the cat walks above the sorting area and I looked down and the letter line was stopped and the post office worker was sitting down with his feet up on the desk. I asked the tour guide what was going on with that worker and he said the he could only sort so many letters and then had had to take a 15 minute break. While we were there, he worked a total of 20 minutes and the remainder of the time he sat with his feet up on the desk. So they are not very productive. They opened a million square foot sorting facility in Palmetto last year and the deliver and pick up trucks sit for over 8 hours before they can deliver of pick up mail. This was on the local news a week or two ago. All I get in the mail is junk mail. All of my friends pay their bills online and use UPS or Fed Ex to ship items. The post office needs to be closed down, just a waste of tax payer money.

The USPS used to cover all their own costs with postage stamps. They have become so inefficient over the last 20 years they’ve started to make billion dollars loans to stay afloat.

They need to cut post deliveries to 3 days per week; no weekends.

Also, about 60% of all postal mail is junk mail. Think of those Plum Magazine flyers that have coupons. USPS basically exists to deliver junk mail for corporations. Think of all the wasted paper too.

Here is all that you need to know; years ago I did a tour of the large post office building near the Atlanta airport along I75. We were walking on the cat walks above the sorting area and I looked down and the letter line was stopped and the post office worker was sitting down with his feet up on the desk. I asked the tour guide what was going on with that worker and he said the he could only sort so many letters and then had had to take a 15 minute break. While we were there, he worked a total of 20 minutes and the remainder of the time he sat with his feet up on the desk. So they are not very productive. They opened a million square foot sorting facility in Palmetto last year and the deliver and pick up trucks sit for over 8 hours before they can deliver of pick up mail. This was on the local news a week or two ago. All I get in the mail is junk mail. All of my friends pay their bills online and use UPS or Fed Ex to ship items. The post office needs to be closed down, just a waste of tax payer money.
Don’t believe taxpayers are paying for it any longer. Believe they try to make money on stamps and products sold.

Have to check again, but thinks they are owned and operated by the federal government.

Believe they are losing in the billions.

Reactions: USA1DOG
I was there. Legion Field in Birmingham.
24-14 IIRC, Pulpwood had a heckuva game that day. Always will be one of my favorite players.

Had a heckuva HS career too, Coffee County I believe.

Been to Legion Field many times, had to walk thru/by the housing projects (across the street) to get the stadium. An old stadium that needed a lot of repair…..a lot of history there though,

Last edited:
My parents have lived at the end of the same dirt road, for 34 years. They never had an issue with mail carriers, until recently. Any time it rains, the new carrier will not deliver. She says the roads aren't safe.

They have been safe, for everyone else, over the past 34 years. But not her.

When we lived in Florida, we had a tiny but efficient post office in our little town and a very dependable mailman. Everyone knew him, and he knew everyone.

Then, USPS started monkeying with staffing and hours, and everything started going to shit. Our mailman retired, and his replacement screwed up the mail all over the neighborhood.

A while later, I saw our former mailman and his wife in Lowes, and I told him we sure did miss him and how his replacement was having a real hard time putting the right mail in the right mail box. His wife just said, “The job ain’t that hard,” and we all started laughing.

Now living in Savannah, all outgoing and incoming mail is routed through Jacksonville first, even if I’m just mailing a birthday card acrost town. Typical gubmint SNAFU.

Oh, and get this. Remember when Barry Soetero made that money losing deal for USPS to deliver Amazon packages at all hours of the day and week? One unintended consequence, those old mail vans break down a lot more often due to over use. Happened twice in my old neighborhood and now twice in my new one. You almost never used to see that happen.

Ok, what we gonna bitch about next?

When we lived in Florida, we had a tiny but efficient post office in our little town and a very dependable mailman. Everyone knew him, and he knew everyone.

Then, USPS started monkeying with staffing and hours, and everything started going to shit. Our mailman retired, and his replacement screwed up the mail all over the neighborhood.

A while later, I saw our former mailman and his wife in Lowes, and I told him we sure did miss him and how his replacement was having a real hard time putting the right mail in the right mail box. His wife just said, “The job ain’t that hard,” and we all started laughing.

Now living in Savannah, all outgoing and incoming mail is routed through Jacksonville first, even if I’m just mailing a birthday card acrost town. Typical gubmint SNAFU.

Oh, and get this. Remember when Barry Soetero made that money losing deal for USPS to deliver Amazon packages at all hours of the day and week? One unintended consequence, those old mail vans break down a lot more often due to over use. Happened twice in my old neighborhood and now twice in my new one. You almost never used to see that happen.

Ok, what we gonna bitch about next?
Get Eric Trump off my TV screen…..

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
What you shared about the Palmetto, GA sorting facility rings a recent bell for me. I had placed an Amazon order for an item. It literally shipped from the other side of the world. After a circuitous route, it ended up in Palmetto, GA. And, in Palmetto, GA it sat for well over a week. I had no idea there was a USPS facility in Palmetto, GA. Heck, I didn't even know there was a Palmetto, GA. My item was so far behind on delivery that I finally became Amazon eligible to request a refund. I waited severalm9re days before doing so. Finally, on the day I requested the refund (almost one month after the order date), the item finally arrived.

Now, I know all about Palmetto, GA.

What you shared about the Palmetto, GA sorting facility rings a recent bell for me. I had placed an Amazon order for an item. It literally shipped from the other side of the world. After a circuitous route, it ended up in Palmetto, GA. And, in Palmetto, GA it sat for well over a week. I had no idea there was a USPS facility in Palmetto, GA. Heck, I didn't even know there was a Palmetto, GA. My item was so far behind on delivery that I finally became Amazon eligible to request a refund. I waited severalm9re days before doing so. Finally, on the day I requested the refund (almost one month after the order date), the item finally arrived.

Yes, us tax payers are paying the rent for a 1,000,000 + square foot building, that is currently very inefficient. The lease rate on this building is probably around $4 million plus a year.

Great and cautionary thread. USPS lost, or stole, my taxes from the accountant to me this year. The accountant is in Duluth, I’m in Marietta. What’s between the two? The cesspool with the USPS Black Hole Atlanta Distribution Center in the middle. A poster above talked about the new Palmetto distribution center. I had an Ebay order go through Palmetto THREE times before it made it to me five weeks after the seller in Virginia shipped it. I think we’re dealing with the new DEI USPS.

Great and cautionary thread. USPS lost, or stole, my taxes from the accountant to me this year. The accountant is in Duluth, I’m in Marietta. What’s between the two? The cesspool with the USPS Black Hole Atlanta Distribution Center in the middle. A poster above talked about the new Palmetto distribution center. I had an Ebay order go through Palmetto THREE times before it made it to me five weeks after the seller in Virginia shipped it. I think we’re dealing with the new DEI USPS.
Luckily, have never had an issue with USPS.

Also, luckily…..my accountant is in the same zip code as us. When he’s done they call us and we go to sign for the release, pay for it and get the hard copy. We then check the math, if correct we then send it electronically.

Thinks we are paying somewhere around $350 -$400 for their service. Well worth it after doing our own for years, didn’t want the headache any longer.

Hope U got your issue resolved.

Luckily, have never had an issue with USPS.

Also, luckily…..my accountant is in the same zip code as us. When he’s done they call us and we go to sign for the release, pay for it and get the hard copy. We then check the math, if correct we then send it electronically.

Thinks we are paying somewhere around $350 -$400 for their service. Well worth it after doing our own for years, didn’t want the headache any longer.

Hope U got your issue resolved.
I figure some USPS employee is stealing tax returns and selling them. They contain SS numbers, account numbers on 1099s, address, and more. I have frozen credit long ago and now have placed lockdowns on all brokerage accounts, turned on two-factor authentication, signed up for title events notification from the state, and anything else I could think of to prevent some bloodsucking democrat from stealing my stuff.

I figure some USPS employee is stealing tax returns and selling them. They contain SS numbers, account numbers on 1099s, address, and more. I have frozen credit long ago and now have placed lockdowns on all brokerage accounts, turned on two-factor authentication, signed up for title events notification from the state, and anything else I could think of to prevent some bloodsucking democrat from stealing my stuff.
Dayum!

You are a smart man.

Years ago the Post Office wanted a post office on the strip in Vegas. They already had one off the strip but wanted to be on the strip, they said so customers could find them. Well, they opened up a facility on the strip and were pay back then 1 million per year to lease the building. Their total volume did not increase, because everybody already knew where the old location was. The bottom line is that the US Post office waste money and keeps asking for more. The phony express became obsolete and so has the post office.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT