ADVERTISEMENT

New WSJ article out today

TivoliDawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Jun 30, 2001
It says that in national polling, Donald Trump has just taken a slight lead over Kamala Harris. Of course, we don’t elect the president with a national pole, we use electors by state. Donald Trump is also taking a small lead in several swing states.

What I find interesting about this is not who actually wins the presidency, but when you ask potential voters the split on policies versus personality, you see something interesting.

This pole asked potential voters about the positives and negatives of each candidates’ personalities and they came out roughly equal, but Kamala slightly ahead.

However, when taking the candidates out of it, and asking exclusively based on policy, Donald Trump won by greater than 10%.

I hate presidential advertising and, frankly, I hate presidential debates. I would like to have more of a referendum on a particular policy or particular direction than vote. for the person who is the best looking for the best public speaker

It says that in national polling, Donald Trump has just taken a slight lead over Kamala Harris. Of course, we don’t elect the president with a national pole, we use electors by state. Donald Trump is also taking a small lead in several swing states.

What I find interesting about this is not who actually wins the presidency, but when you ask potential voters the split on policies versus personality, you see something interesting.

This pole asked potential voters about the positives and negatives of each candidates’ personalities and they came out roughly equal, but Kamala slightly ahead.

However, when taking the candidates out of it, and asking exclusively based on policy, Donald Trump won by greater than 10%.

I hate presidential advertising and, frankly, I hate presidential debates. I would like to have more of a referendum on a particular policy or particular direction than vote. for the person who is the best looking for the best public speaker
National polls are only relevant if you understand the huge Dem population in states like California and that there are more Dem voters than GOP voters that skew the numbers. If national polls show Trump slightly behind nationally, that’s actually good news for Trump. If national polls shows Trump ahead, that’s terrible news for Harris because that means it’s even worse than most think.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT