ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg New York has nearly 1/3 of the Covid-19 cases in the U.S.

If the virus is transmittable airborne for 3 hours and on surface 3 days, the population density in NYC is going to cause problems.

Person-to-person spread
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.

• Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
  • Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/transmission.html

The CDC says in it's guidelines it is transmittable by droplets only. Droplets don't hang out in the air. Someone sneezes or coughs, then yes those droplets can land on you because of the trajectory but they aren't going to float around. But yes, as we all know under the right conditions the droplets can survive for several hours on metal, paper money etc...

New York City is a global commercial, cultural, and diplomatic center with two large volume international airports in LaGuardia and Kennedy, Penn Station and Grand Central for trains, and multiple bus terminals too. Huge volume of international and diverse travelers in and out daily. The population density is great and there are all forms of mass transit. Shuttles, buses, trains, and subways. It is a petri dish for pathogens.

Last edited:
New York City is a global commercial and diplomatic center with two large volume international airports in LaGuardia and Kennedy, Penn Station and Grand Central for trains, and multiple bus terminals too. Huge volume of international and diverse travelers in and out daily. The population density is great and there are all forms of mass transit. Shuttles, buses, trains, and subways. It is a petri dish for pathogens.
Don’t forget Newark as well

Don’t forget Newark as well
In the past 18 months I’ve flown out of Newark six times.

I was exposed to a highly contagious strain of measles...twice. Both times the person came from Israel.

Honestly, it’s no surprise that NYC would be our epicenter. It’s basically the only city in the USA with population density similar to most Chinese urban areas.

Plus add in all the international travelers. In all honesty, it’s probably been bouncing around nyc for months.

Person-to-person spread
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.

• Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
  • Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/transmission.html

The CDC says in it's guidelines it is transmittable by droplets only. Droplets don't hang out in the air. Someone sneezes or coughs, then yes those droplets can land on you because of the trajectory but they aren't going to float around. But yes, as we all know under the right conditions the droplets can survive for several hours on metal, paper money etc...

i have had to explain so many times to people who believe this is an airborne transmission and don't understand the difference between droplets and being actually airborne. thanks for posting because as we have seen in this thread it's completely false stuff being said about the virus. i have seen so many talk about spreading it on infected surfaces, but i have seen this from reputable sites (like the one you posted):

It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.

**** Also there isn't any proof of how long it survives on surfaces.. I have seen different numbers on that from different sources.

I found this article as well dated today which has some very good information:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/i...s-and-confirming-facts-of-covid-19-2020-03-12

Last edited:
And yet Cuomo doesn't think they need a mandatory shutdown like San Francisco. They do and all airtravel out of NY and other US hotspots should be shut down. Shelter in place NYC!!

And yet Cuomo doesn't think they need a mandatory shutdown like San Francisco. They do and all airtravel out of NY and other US hotspots should be shut down. Shelter in place NYC!!

I'm sheltered in place in NYC.

But in fairness to Cuomo, he believes a mandatory shutdown will simply encourage people to leave the city and take the virus with them to neighboring places. His idea is to ensure that the governors of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut all take the same actions for those known here as "residents of the tri-state area."

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Lol we have different definitions of shit holes for sure
I say that simply because its nothing like what it is made out to be. The food is average. The streets are filthy. The air is dirty and barely breathable and the people are extremely rude.

I say that simply because its nothing like what it is made out to be. The food is average. The streets are filthy. The air is dirty and barely breathable and the people are extremely rude.

Haha ok dude. I’ve spent a significant amount of time in the city and have almost completely opposite feelings.

But to each his own. Some people are country mice and some are city mice.

This is a cartoon version of a city this southern boy has lived in for 34 years.

As I said, it's not for everyone. But this is a silly caricature.

Haha ok dude. I’ve spent a significant amount of time in the city and have almost completely opposite feelings.

But to each his own. Some people are country mice and some are city mice.
Thats a very fair statement. The coolest part for me was ground zero.

Edit: and Yankee Stadium of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LowerEastSideDawg
If you ever decide to come back, and I won't blame you if you don't, I'll take your for a couple of the best meals you've ever had in your life.
I'll tell you what if i do go back you you make me eat my words (no pun intended) then ill foot the bill as an apology.

That's because they have done the most testing of any state

It can’t be said enough as testing rolls out were going to see massive spikes in numbers. Not so much because it’s spreading faster than yesterday but simply because we’re actually detecting it.

It’s already here & it’s already widespread.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT