ADVERTISEMENT

Next Weeks Debate......

mitchelldawg

Life Is Good
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2004
I for one was not planning on watching. Now with the rules they are using I have changed my mind.

Love the fact that there is no crowd and that the mic will be muted when its not your turn....(that helps Trump IMO).

I really want to see them both answer questions without talking over each other, and not being able to play to a crowd.
Just policy and substance.

I have a feeling we will all be sad when it's over knowing one of these very elderly gentlemen will be leader of the free world.

The Biden decision yesterday regarding immigration was stupid IMO. I will not be voting for him.
Not just for that reason, but he is to old and will not make it through another term. I am not sure what Kamala brings to the table.

Trumps VP pick is very intriguing to me. In a perfect world, he would pick someone like Rubio with the promise that Trump would step down on day one and Rubio would pardon him and ride off into the sunset. I could vote for him in that senerio......that ain't happening.

Really would like to know
1. Will you watch?
2. What are you looking and listening for?

Let's see if we can just answer these questions without any name calling about either candidate, or each other....😁.

Also, please no mention of anything being "rigged". That is REALLY getting old.

TIA

I plan to watch. I want to see if the media will throw the same level of questioning to both parties. One side should not get softballs tossed to them. Likewise, if the questions are legitimate, I want to see how Biden responds. Regarding Trump - can he keep his temper and not make an idiot of himself if the other side says things that are controversial? In my opinion this cost him votes in the last debate.
I’m voting strictly for policy in this election with no regard for the man behind the message. I don’t like that. But it’s where we are. My ideas resonate more with conservative principles. So ultimately, this debate will not sway my vote one iota.
JC

I for one was not planning on watching. Now with the rules they are using I have changed my mind.

Love the fact that there is no crowd and that the mic will be muted when its not your turn....(that helps Trump IMO).

I really want to see them both answer questions without talking over each other, and not being able to play to a crowd.

I have a feeling we will all be sad when it's over knowing one of these very elderly gentlemen will be leader of the free world.

The Biden decision yesterday regarding immigration was stupid IMO. I will not be voting for him.
Not just for that reason, but he is to old and will not make it through another term. I am not sure what Kamala brings to the table.

Trumps VP pick is very intriguing to me. In a perfect world, he would pick someone like Rubio with the promise that Trump would step down on day one and Rubio would pardon him and ride off into the sunset. I could vote for him in that senerio......that ain't happening.

1. Will you watch?

Let's see if we can just answer these questions without any name calling about either candidate, or each other....😁.

TIA
Not sure I’ll watch but the wifey will. There’s just not much that I need to hear that hasn’t already been said. I kind of disagree about the format. I think the American people need to see how both would handle a hostile environment and if it would rattle them by going off script and answering questions they had not rehearsed. I have no doubt that being a CNN debate that Biden will at least have some idea of the topics or questions being asked.
I’ve posted many times that I think Rubio would be the “wise” choice as VP for the future of the GOP as he can govern from the center and is highly respected by both sides of the isle. Will Trump look short term (4 years while he’s in office) or long term after he’s gone? I’d like to think he would set up the Pubs for the future but honestly think that he will make a personal and possibly selfish decision.
I’d be ok with Scott or Vance as well but Rubio is my first choice. I really think Rubio as president could finally bring the 2 sides closer together and get things done.

Reactions: mitchelldawg
Rigggggggggggggggatoni. Is good Pasta.:)

I will watch at the beginning. Really just to see how Biden performs. I probably won't watch for too long though. Both candidates are thoroughly known. I do like no audience and a dead Mic when the other is talking.
I don't have on opinion on Trump's VP. At this point in time I like Tom Cotton the best in the Republican party. I don't think he is a front runner though.

I'll watch.

Biden needs to hammer Trump with Jan 6th.

Also interested to see if Trump will actually state specific policies.
I don’t know one person who sits around these days and complains/cares about J6… the real world is discussing inflation, illegals, crime, gas prices, etc… put the booze down and wake up dude… good grief!

1. Will you watch?

TIA
I don’t plan to watch, I’ll look at highlights the next morning.

What would I watch for? Legitimate tough questions to both candidates and if Trump can be measured and stay on policy’. Similar to Biden, can he give coherent answers and look on the ball.

One of two outcomes:

1) Biden doesn’t totally shit his pants and delivers a State of the Union performance.

In this scenario the media will declare Biden the next coming of George Washington, having totally beaten the hell out of Trump in the debate. And then will be universally frustrated that the polls don’t really move the needle.

2) Biden totally shits his pants. In this scenario the media will demand he be replaced. And they will get their wish.

Trump is Trump. In any scenario folks know who he is and I don’t see the needle moving for him one way or another. I do think he has shown evidence of running a more disciplined campaign and may perform better than last time because of it. But either way I just don’t see him doing anything that changes folks’ minds.

One of two outcomes:

1) Biden doesn’t totally shit his pants and delivers a State of the Union performance.

In this scenario the media will declare Biden the next coming of George Washington, having totally beaten the hell out of Trump in the debate. And then will be universally frustrated that the polls don’t really move the needle.

2) Biden totally shits his pants. In this scenario the media will demand he be replaced. And they will get their wish.

Trump is Trump. In any scenario folks know who he is and I don’t see the needle moving for him one way or another. I do think he has shown evidence of running a more disciplined campaign and may perform better than last time because of it. But either way I just don’t see him doing anything that changes folks’ minds.
Trump really needs to show he can be disciplined and not go off on crooked Joe comments and things of that nature.

1. Will you watch?

TIA
I will watch and look forward to the following topics:
  1. The border
  2. Inflation/economy
  3. Ukraine/Russia
  4. J6 pardons
  5. Trumps legal issues/The Bidens and foreign $
  6. General ability to track and respond to questions/debate topics with some back and forth

1. The border
  2. Inflation/economy
  3. Ukraine/Russia
  4. J6 pardons
  6. General ability to track and respond to questions/debate topics with some back and forth
  7. I will watch and look forward to the following topics:
    1. The border
    2. Inflation/economy
    3. Ukraine/Russia
    4. J6 pardons

1. The border
    2. Inflation/economy
    3. Ukraine/Russia
    4. J6 pardons
    I would like to see views from different angles so you can see what they see and also see the reactions to the other candidates response. I am glad the mics will turned off when not speaking. I think they should be allowed to sit or stand. I think there is so much propaganda and gaslighting going on both sides.

1. Will you watch?

TIA

Good post with good boundaries for a productive discussion. Thank you.

I plan to watch and I am looking for substance, instead of propaganda from both.

Spare me the "stolen" election, Hunter Biden’s laptop, the Russian dossier, Jan. 6 and Stormy Daniels.

I want to know each candidates plan for

1. Securing the border/Homeland security
2. The increased cost of living

A 3/2 house in a decent neighborhood is $250k. A USED F-150 with 120k miles is $28k. Nice mobile homes run $150k easily.

Forget extras. It cost too honking much for shelter, transportation, utilities and groceries.

1. Will you watch?

TIA
It will not take next weeks debate to make me sad…..I’ve already reached that conclusion. Pathetic

I’d like to see what a lot of folks have already outlined.

The dead mics are a nice touch.

I hope the moderators feel empowered to challenge each candidate with tough questions and outline to candidates when they fail to answer the question. I want to see fairness in the questions too.

I don't think it really matters how Biden does because I think the DNC has long since made the decision to replace Biden and Kamala, This debate needs to be between Michele and Trump.
I think they are going to push the snake oil salesman out there = Gavin Newsom. There is already a report that Kamala is going to run for Govenor once he is President..........LORD HELP US ALL if this happens and i fear it could because just visually i think there is a LARGE portion of the population that would vote for him based on his looks compared to Trump etc.

Not sure I’ll watch but the wifey will. There’s just not much that I need to hear that hasn’t already been said. I kind of disagree about the format. I think the American people need to see how both would handle a hostile environment and if it would rattle them by going off script and answering questions they had not rehearsed. I have no doubt that being a CNN debate that Biden will at least have some idea of the topics or questions being asked.
I’ve posted many times that I think Rubio would be the “wise” choice as VP for the future of the GOP as he can govern from the center and is highly respected by both sides of the isle. Will Trump look short term (4 years while he’s in office) or long term after he’s gone? I’d like to think he would set up the Pubs for the future but honestly think that he will make a personal and possibly selfish decision.
I’d be ok with Scott or Vance as well but Rubio is my first choice. I really think Rubio as president could finally bring the 2 sides closer together and get things done.
They are gonna need a bigger noose for Rubio's head when hangin time comes compared to Pence.

• Haha
Reactions: nice marmot

1. Will you watch?

TIA
This will be the highest rated debate of the last 30 years, which will thrill Trump. People will want to see if Biden can even answer questions and the entertainment value of Trump's ramblings.

I agree it is very sad. They are probably the worst two possible candidates for either side for people who are independent voters.

1. Will you watch?

TIA
The thoughts that you stated were meant to be a joke. Right? No one is sure about what anyone brings to the table.

I don’t know one person who sits around these days and complains/cares about J6… the real world is discussing inflation, illegals, crime, gas prices, etc… put the booze down and wake up dude… good grief!
I just hope CNN gives Trump the same chance that they give Biden. I hope their is no more giving him the questions so he can go to Camp David and be able to get ready for the debate already knowing the questions.

Yeah both have served four years in office. That’s what I am judging both candidates on and to me this is a no brainer to me. I liked the fours Trump was President a hella of a lot better!

One of two outcomes:

Different take, thinks it doesn’t really matter who gives the better performance.

Thinks most have had enough and liked life better under Trump. Standard of living and safety trumps all.

1. The border
  2. Inflation/economy
  3. Ukraine/Russia
  4. J6 pardons
  6. General ability to track and respond to questions/debate topics with some back and forth a
Not a bad list but I would add the Israel-Hamas war, China strategy and crime.

I just hope CNN gives Trump the same chance that they give Biden. I hope their is no more giving him the questions so he can go to Camp David and be able to get ready for the debate already knowing the questions.
I have no doubt that the Biden campaign knows the topics to be covered if not the actual questions. Wouldn’t it be a hoot if Tapper asks a question that hasn’t been rehearsed and Biden responds that he is not playing by the rules. Just a few days ago a reporter asked a question about Gaza and Biden jumped his butt because it was not a question about the event they were at. Just answer the question.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
  1. The border
  2. Inflation/economy
  3. Ukraine/Russia
  4. J6 pardons
Great and fair list. One of the best overall general post and replies we have had in a long time. Thanks @mitchelldawg , good to see a post that generates such responses. Breath of fresh air

I think they are going to push the snake oil salesman out there = Gavin Newsom. There is already a report that Kamala is going to run for Govenor once he is President..........LORD HELP US ALL if this happens and i fear it could because just visually i think there is a LARGE portion of the population that would vote for him based on his looks compared to Trump etc.
Lordy, that would be worse than Hillary or Michele

1. Will you watch?

TIA
Do we really need anything more to decide who we’re voting for. I don’t

1. Will you watch?

TIA
The top three issues for the 2024 election according to the latest Fox poll.

Also, I should have added reproductive rights to my list above.

Interesting. Only two of those have my immediate attention - the economy and, moreso, immigration. I think controlling our borders is paramount.
JC

Interesting. Only two of those have my immediate attention - the economy and, moreso, immigration. I think controlling our borders is paramount.
JC
Apparently there is significant disagreement within the Biden Campaign team regarding how much to focus on J6/democracy in the debate and the campaign in general. While J6 and its implications for a future Trump administration is my number one issue, I was leaning towards it not being a winner as a primary focus for Biden. This poll, and it’s only one poll so grain of salt, suggests otherwise.

Interesting poll. Would love to know who was polled and where. Every poll I have seen this actually mirrors democrats wish list, where with pubs it is flipped. Run by Gallup and other places who actually do polling for a living. Like someone said, democracy is a made up issue by democrats. That is just a great political tactic. In no way was our democracy even remotely in danger from a band of hooligans with signs. Stupid and awful yes. But a completely ridiculous assertion. Probably the worst topic or issue ever made up for any election ever. Takes away from actual issues in this country that are truly a problem. I find it embarrassing when someone feels like that.

Interesting poll. Would love to know who was polled and where. Every poll I have seen this actually mirrors democrats wish list, where with pubs it is flipped. Run by Gallup and other places who actually do polling for a living. Like someone said, democracy is a made up issue by democrats. That is just a great political tactic. In no way was our democracy even remotely in danger from a band of hooligans with signs. Stupid and awful yes. But a completely ridiculous assertion. Probably the worst topic or issue ever made up for any election ever. Takes away from actual issues in this country that are truly a problem. I find it embarrassing when someone feels like that.
I wouldn't have posted the poll were it not from FOX, who I assume we can agree is not in the bag for Biden and the Dems.

All I need to do to prove you wrong about the democracy issue is share recent and direct quotes from Trump about J6 and the people charged with and convicted of felonies for their participation. He loves what they did, praises their efforts and calls them heroes, and promises to reward them with pardons. You can't get any clearer than that, and Trump is currently highlighting this message at every campaign event. I don't even need to get into the strength of the fake elector and J6 related indictments to prove my point.

If the FOX polling is accurate, a lot of others feel the same way I do and Biden's efforts to keep the issue front and center will continue to impact the race in a meaningful way.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT