ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg NIL and all the tampering really stinks but I found out something yesterday that

InsureDawg02

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
bothers me even more. I was headed to my farm to do some post hunting season clean up and chainsaw work on some blow downs. I stopped to stock up on some cold ones to enjoy since the wifey and kids were not going to be around. Our farm is probably in an area above avg for poverty in rural Georgia. A young girl and boy were in front of me with the most junk food I have ever seen. Funyons, taffy, chips, pork skins, etc etc etc. I was shocked at the amount of junk food they were ringing up. The cashier then says “ebt”? I was shocked. You get to buy the most unhealthiest food on earth with EBT? I asked the cashier when it was my turn and she said anything you can eat for the most part is eligible. Of course I followed with a “what about beer” and she laughed. I always just thought it was cheese, bread, meat, veggies, and milk.

I was bringing this up to my wife literally the other day, I was searching online for some stuff and saw that ice cream was EBT eligible, I mean really, ice cream??

bothers me even more. I was headed to my farm to do some post hunting season clean up and chainsaw work on some blow downs. I stopped to stock up on some cold ones to enjoy since the wifey and kids were not going to be around. Our farm is probably in an area above avg for poverty in rural Georgia. A young girl and boy were in front of me with the most junk food I have ever seen. Funyons, taffy, chips, pork skins, etc etc etc. I was shocked at the amount of junk food they were ringing up. The cashier then says “ebt”? I was shocked. You get to buy the most unhealthiest food on earth with EBT? I asked the cashier when it was my turn and she said anything you can eat for the most part is eligible. Of course I followed with a “what about beer” and she laughed. I always just thought it was cheese, bread, meat, veggies, and milk.
Username checks out

👀👀👀👀👀

Perfect place for the thoughts….

😂😂😂😁👍

I was behind a woman years ago who used her food stamps to buy a bunch of processed food and walked out to her new Toyota Camry, dealer tags.

Pork skins are a low-carb delicacy. How dare you call them 'junk food'?

Hopefully the statute of limitations has run out on this, but back in the day I worked at Jimbos. There were two boys that would come in and buy $0.25 Little Debbie with a $1.00 food stamp coupon (yes I’m an olde) take the change back to their mom, and she would come back and buy Colt .45 Double Deuce with the change. I quit taking their food stamp and just told them to take the food. The mom came in raising hell because I wouldn’t take her boy’s food stamps. I told her to pound sand (actually a lot worse than that).

Reactions: JackRussellDawg
It’s not the people fault for staying within the rules laid out for them. I do understand why it upsets you

EBT is subsidized junk food. Poverty and obesity go hand-in-hand. Covid deaths were higher among the underclass because that’s where the co-morbidities are- overweight, diabetes, heart disease. All the free healthcare in the world can't do anything for that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT