ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting notes 4/26

HHolland92

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
- Justyn Rhett was a huge target for Fran Brown, he targeted him as soon as he took the job. He’s a pretty damn big dude, built almost like an RB. But has good hips and verified 4.4 speed. ND did NOT want him to Ov to UGA, it was pretty much over at that point.. he had already had plans to visit Oregon, but it was all Georgia once he got to campus. Doesn’t hurt to get one from that HS as well.

- Gabe Harris was another nice get, Coach D targeted him early as well. Strong guy that holds up great against the run, not crazy long but is an easy 6’4. Silently committed in March but this ones been over for a while.

- Outside of closing on Rhett, the guy UGA made the biggest move with at G-Day is Sam M’pemba. REALLY clicked with Coach D and him and his family loved how the program was presented to Sam. He could be an elite TE, but he’s set on Edge and I love that decision. I think he has as high of a ceiling there as anyone in this class. Will visit UGA again in June..

- Made a nice move for Jayden Wayne as well. I think UGA is for sure top 3, maybe top 2 at the moment. His game is opposite of Gabe Harris at this point imo, he can get to the QB in a hurry, doesn’t hold up as great against the run. Also plays some TE/WR in HS so he’s def a gifted athlete. To me, I’m higher on M’Pemba, but both are very impressive prospects.

- Daniel Harris is a guy that UGA is trending for, as been reported. To me he’s kind of raw but super long arms in a 6’2 frame and can run. Also being looked at as a priority for CFB. He’s a guy that will need a year or two, but when the light comes on he has lots of upside imo.

- I think a guy UGA is pushing for hard behind the scenes is Jordan Hall out of FL. FSU likes where they are early with him and UF is in it as well, but this guy is much better than his current ranking. Was blew away at his film.

- a dude I think UGA is in better shape for than most ppl think is Javien Toviano. I see this as a UGA vs A&M battle. As of today, I may give UGA the slight lead.. will be back in June..

- another guy I think UGA is in a good spot for currently is Tyree Adams. He is a Louisiana kid, so keep in mind if LSU pursues him hard then he’s probably not coming to UGA.. with that said, he had a fantastic visit and everything checked out so the staff offered in person. Don’t let the ranking fool you, he is blowing up.

- at RB I like UGA chances for Haynes as long as he doesn’t choose baseball, I think Young is feeling Bama the most at the moment. Imo, Haynes is better.. a good bit better. Make no mistake they want 2 good ones in this class.. would love to get Owens back in town at least once over the summer.

- I think UGA is in a good spot for CJ Allen, Troy Bowles, and Raylen Wilson at the moment. Chances of landing all of them aren’t the highest, but Schu is doing work..

- Still battling for Caleb Downs, Notre Dame got into the mix this past weekend. It’s still a UGA, Bama, and Ohio St battle. I don’t see it getting past July, wants to decide before the season. June visits will be crucial.

- Joenel Aguero is taking his visits (a lot of them). Still think UGA sitting good here, but it’s a dogfight. Would prefer him to decide before the season…

- I think UGA is sitting 3rd for Bai Jobe right now behind OU and Bama, but he’s a very talented prospect. Kinda new to the game and recruiting aspect as well.

- I really like Dashawn Womack from St Frances, his upside is huge imo.. had a great visit to UGA a few weeks ago. Coach D is casting a wide net.

- these Georgia boys are about to get PAID in a few days from now…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News