ADVERTISEMENT

Seems that upholding and enforcing the law is logical to me

atlanta cock#

Diehard supporter
Jun 1, 1998
I’m curious if the Lefties on this Board will weigh in, and if they do I’m curious to know why the Left accuses Trump (and others) of enacting “draconian” measures or acting as an “authoritarian” (especially in light of the enormous number of EOs that were issued under Obama and Biden)? If upholding and enforcing the law is draconian or authoritarian, what is the job of POTUS?

Free NYT column.

I’m curious if the Lefties on this Board will weigh in, and if they do I’m curious to know why the Left accuses Trump (and others) of enacting “draconian” measures or acting as an “authoritarian” (especially in light of the enormous number of EOs that were issued under Obama and Biden)? If upholding and enforcing the law is draconian or authoritarian, what is the job of POTUS?

Free NYT column.

Perhaps it’s because the same person who promises camps and deportations is currently referring to anyone who would dare oppose him as “vermin”, which is exactly the same word Hitler used to describe the Jews, and we know how that worked out.

Perhaps it’s because the same person who promises camps and deportations is currently referring to anyone who would dare oppose him as “vermin”, which is exactly the same word Hitler used to describe the Jews, and we know how that worked out.

So the name calling about his immigration policies is solely bc your side hates him and it has nothing to do with his actual policies, right?

And as far as name calling goes, your side started it before Trump was even elected. And I remind you that just a couple of years prior, Trump was a Dem. He donated a ton of money to Dems, and they loved him. So, maybe Trump learned from your side how to trash ppl once they leave the plantation. Just a thought.

So the name calling about his immigration policies is solely bc your side hates him and it has nothing to do with his actual policies, right?

And as far as name calling goes, your side started it before Trump was even elected. And I remind you that just a couple of years prior, Trump was a Dem. He donated a ton of money to Dems, and they loved him. So, maybe Trump learned from your side how to trash ppl once they leave the plantation. Just a thought.

Preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
Good to know. Would love that to be the case. Because free speech has been destroyed by the folks in office now. Worse, the media doesn’t even cover the news for one side of the isle. Please. Where do we find a candidate willing to change that. The left is trying to determine what is right or wrong for all of us. That is the slippery slope.

We have fbi members admitting they over stepped in pursuit of someone because of political reasons. The cia has had fifty people lie about a laptop. Totally influencing an election. We had an entire dossier used for impeachment made up. We had social media being censored by order of the president and his staff. The border lies. I could go on. You guys are murdering the constitution on a daily basis.

You guys complain about trump all you want. You created him. He was a democrat. He thought Obama was slow rolling the recovery. So he came out against him. Immediately becoming a pub I guess. He is the left’s creation. Obama rolled so far to the left, it won trump an election. Which no one thought possible. He we are again. Reacting to another monster shift left.

Last edited:

Hilarious you bring up hitler when you dims are all in hamas nazis currently. Bunch of hypocrites.

Preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
and I suppose you think open borders anti American brandon is doing that. LMBO yall don't even know what the constitution says. You just make up stuff. Want to amend it to fit your perverted polices. Don't apply it to those you disagree with. And break it on almost a daily basis.

While hitler was talking about a race of people, trump is talking about actual vermin, criminals that are here illegally, terrorist that have been allowed to walk right in or were actually flown in by your stupid president and party, and oh really most dims qualify as vermin. No race involved, just actual vermin for trump.

Reactions: sallen4250

Apparently, reading comprehension is not high on Mr. Yarbro's list. He wants so badly to create outrage.

Did you also miss the deliberate and intentional rewording?

Notice the parts of each "statement" that are not in quotes.

Apparently, reading comprehension is not high on Mr. Yarbro's list. He wants so badly to create outrage.

I was going to bring that up too. I was looking that up to see if it was bs. Good catch.

If we could have reasonable immigration reform then enforcement would be reasonable. There could be some balance. The problem is the Republican Party is full of racist xenophobia who want the whole country to look like a small hick town in 1950.

We actually need immigration including from the south although having an open border is a problem. If we had a reasonable system that reflected reality without racist dog whistles though we could enforce it.

[/QUOTE]
If we could have reasonable immigration reform then enforcement would be reasonable. There could be some balance. The problem is the Republican Party is full of racist xenophobia who want the whole country to look like a small hick town in 1950.

We actually need immigration including from the south although having an open border is a problem. If we had a reasonable system that reflected reality without racist dog whistles though we could enforce it.
Dude, change the channel. 🙄

Reactions: cherrydawg

Are you supportive of Trump’s Veterans Day message? Do you think that’s the language of someone who should hold the most powerful position in the world? Do you think referring to his political opposition as “vermin” is simply a colorful use of language?

Are you comfortable that Trump has characterized veterans as suckers and losers?

Is this really the best the GOP can do?

Reactions: mitchelldawg
Are you supportive of Trump’s Veterans Day message? Do you think that’s the language of someone who should hold the most powerful position in the world? Do you think referring to his political opposition as “vermin” is simply a colorful use of language?

Are you comfortable that Trump has characterized veterans as suckers and losers?

They won't answer.....will just bring up Biden.
Most of the Trump cult never even listen to what he actually says.......I do, and I believe what he says. That's why I will never vote for him again.
Just over the weekend how he gushes over Putin, and other dictators, you can see him wanting to have the same control.
Please look and listen for yourself and take him at his word!

Your side calls GOP extremists.

Your side post photos of Trump's severed head.

Your side has The Squad who can no longer hide their anti-Semitism.

Your side lied (and continues to lie) about the the Russia hoax, BLM, Hunter's laptop, the southern border, and the economy and treats everyday Americans who don't agree with them politically as white supremacists who are the greatest threat to the country.

Don't tell me that Trump and his words are a problem or a threat.

Your side calls GOP extremists.

Your side post photos of Trump's severed head.

Your side has The Squad who can no longer hide their anti-Semitism.

Your side lied (and continues to lie) about the the Russia hoax, BLM, Hunter's laptop, the southern border, and the economy and treats everyday Americans who don't agree with them politically as white supremacists who are the greatest threat to the country.

Don't tell me that Trump and his words are a problem or a threat.
I see you don’t want to answer my questions. Just more whataboutisms.

Storming the Capitol and trying to steal an election is thankfully still seen as the act of extremists by some. Using dehumanizing language like vermin is in fact extremist.

One washed up old comedian posted a picture holding Trump’s severed head. Poor judgement on her part but she isn’t a politician, much less the leader of the party.

I agree that the Squad are extremists and represent the far left of the party. The GOP just unanimously elected a Speaker who is an election fraud conspiracist and who believes the earth is literally six thousand years old.

Regarding the rest of your list, do you really want to make a list of who lied about what and what the repercussions were for those lies? Lies about Covid, lies about election fraud, lies about highly classified documents and the list goes on and on.

But back to the original topic. Are you comfortable with Trump calling the opposition vermin and are you comfortable with Trump calling veterans suckers and losers?

• Haha

Uh, you do know the dems had complete control of congress, nearly had total control of the senate and could have relied on Snow, Spector and Collins among others for support and the Oval Office in O's first term. Iows, immigration reform could have easily passed in O's first term.

Then DJT offered Pelosi 2 million dreamers for immigration reform and couldn't get any cooperation from the dems. Likewise Pubs have had opportunities to pass immigration reform but failed. As George Carlin said many yrs ago, it's a big club and you aren't in it. Both parties are comfortable with the current immigration fiasco. Juvenile lines like racist xenophobia tells me 100% you are nothing more than a partisan mushroom.

Uh, you do know the dems had complete control of congress, nearly had total control of the senate and could have relied on Snow, Spector and Collins among others for support and the Oval Office in O's first term. Iows, immigration reform could have easily passed in O's first term.

Then DJT offered Pelosi 2 million dreamers for immigration reform and couldn't get any cooperation from the dems. Likewise Pubs have had opportunities to pass immigration reform but failed. As George Carlin said many yrs ago, it's a big club and you aren't in it. Both parties are comfortable with the current immigration fiasco. Juvenile lines like racist xenophobia tells me 100% you are nothing more than a partisan mushroom.
Immigration reform has never been something that could be done through budget reconciliation so it would have taken 60 votes. It is true though that there are a small number of Dems who would be a problem. Of course every time it comes up Pubs start talking about amnesty even though the people they’re talking about have been here and contributed for years.

We need a lot of immigration but it needs to be organized. The worst people are the ones who are overly concerned about the demographic make up of the country and meth heads who are convinced the immigrants are taking their jobs.

• Haha
Immigration reform has never been something that could be done through budget reconciliation so it would have taken 60 votes. It is true though that there are a small number of Dems who would be a problem. Of course every time it comes up Pubs start talking about amnesty even though the people they’re talking about have been here and contributed for years.

We need a lot of immigration but it needs to be organized. The worst people are the ones who are overly concerned about the demographic make up of the country and meth heads who are convinced the immigrants are taking their jobs.
It did not need to go thru budget reconciliation. With 55 to 57 dems, Sanders and Lieberman as independents but caucusing with the dems and the 4 or 5 liberal leaning pubs, Snow, Collins, Spector, etc a reasonable reform bill could have been passed and sent to the POTUS. Hell, the Senate even came to an agreement on immigration in 2013 but Boehner killed it. To suggest a Senate with 57 to 59 guaranteed votes couldn't have got a vote for cloture is absurd. Like the Pubs, Dems could have passed comprehensive immigration reform but having a fair, orderly immigration process isn't a priority for either party.

Your meth head comment reminds me of the great line by Sen. Ted Cruz in one of the presidential debates when he said if it were lawyers and journos crossing the border to work on the cheap, it would be reported as the greatest catastrophe in the nation's history.

I see you don’t want to answer my questions. Just more whataboutisms.

Storming the Capitol and trying to steal an election is thankfully still seen as the act of extremists by some. Using dehumanizing language like vermin is in fact extremist.

One washed up old comedian posted a picture holding Trump’s severed head. Poor judgement on her part but she isn’t a politician, much less the leader of the party.

I agree that the Squad are extremists and represent the far left of the party. The GOP just unanimously elected a Speaker who is an election fraud conspiracist and who believes the earth is literally six thousand years old.

Regarding the rest of your list, do you really want to make a list of who lied about what and what the repercussions were for those lies? Lies about Covid...I"m not sure the Left has a solid ground to stand on with regards to COVID but whatever, lies about election fraud-Fraud is tough. I don't think of every single incident as fraud as it is blown up to be....but our election process is absolutely not safe and secure at all, lies about highly classified documents and the list goes on and on.-If he lied he lied wouldn't be the first time a president has lied....classified documents is at the bottom of the I care list, personally.

But back to the original topic. Are you comfortable with Trump calling the opposition vermin-Doesn't bother me much, not really "presidential" but consider the source. comfortable with Trump calling veterans suckers and losers?-Not at all, he's a dumass for that one

It did not need to go thru budget reconciliation. With 55 to 57 dems, Sanders and Lieberman as independents but caucusing with the dems and the 4 or 5 liberal leaning pubs, Snow, Collins, Spector, etc a reasonable reform bill could have been passed and sent to the POTUS. Hell, the Senate even came to an agreement on immigration in 2013 but Boehner killed it. To suggest a Senate with 57 to 59 guaranteed votes couldn't have got a vote for cloture is absurd. Like the Pubs, Dems could have passed comprehensive immigration reform but having a fair, orderly immigration process isn't a priority for either party.

Your meth head comment reminds me of the great line by Sen. Ted Cruz in one of the presidential debates when he said if it were lawyers and journos crossing the border to work on the cheap, it would be reported as the greatest catastrophe in the nation's history.
You could always raise and enforce the minimum wage. Then if they’re hired they’re probably better at what they do.

Of course it’s not just manual labor. The tech sector could really use immigration from other parts of the world. Free trade and immigration can have a tremendously positive affect on the economy.

• Haha
Of course it’s not just manual labor. The tech sector could really use immigration from other parts of the world. Free trade and immigration can have a tremendously positive affect on the economy.

I don't know of anybody that disagrees with this sentiment. However, we are literally paying millions of permanently unemployed, we're allowing millions into the country with little or no marketable skills and extending benefits to them as well as allowing the cartels bring whatever they want into the country.

As I said, a fair, orderly and secure immigration system could be passed tomorrow if we had reps in DC that were interested in doing the business of the people. Neither side sees a benefit in an orderly immigration system and the past 40 yrs pretty much proves it.

We could and should reform our welfare system. We could and should insist on free but reciprocal trade. We could and should be manufacturing our necessary supplies and equipment as well as chips and military equipment. But it get's tied up by both sides to protect turf and grift.

He was calling out the communist in this country! They may be citizens but they hate our country and are a threat to our democracy.

They won't answer.....will just bring up Biden.
Most of the Trump cult never even listen to what he actually says.......I do, and I believe what he says. That's why I will never vote for him again.
Just over the weekend how he gushes over Putin, and other dictators, you can see him wanting to have the same control.
Please look and listen for yourself and take him at his word!
Speak for yourself. Nobody needs your help. It is weak and small minded to spout garbage you made up about people you don't know rather than backing up your own position. You project complete ignorance about international diplomacy and want badly to find anything, even if you have to lie about it, to criticize a political opponent.

You will try to substitute immigration for illegal entry to this country. You will lie about who is coming across our borders with no identification and no case for legal entry, including many who should never be allowed to enter the country (criminals, terrorists, foreign military personnel) - and who is profiting from it.

You will lie to say that only one group has ever complained about elections, called out irregularities and buried secrets. Its a nonpartisan issue that affects all of us, masquerading as a team sport. This has been shown to you multiple times on this board, but you conveniently continue to forget that Democrats complained and even fabricated stories at times to claim that elections were stolen from them in the recent past. Some had a point.

Did you know, for example, that the same people who are after Fulton County right now to reveal their documents and materials from the 2020 election are the same people who worked to get a severely flawed voting system thrown out of Georgia just before Stacey Abrams 2018 loss, and provided her with data to make her case against the election?

Are you really okay with destroying and concealing election materials to keep the public from seeing what really happened? Common law tells us concealing or destroying evidence is itself evidence of guilt.

Do yourself a favor and make some effort to understand what people say, rather than digging for some way to make a negative of it by conflating terms, changing context, or simply adding your own words to create an absurd straw man. Argue all you want, but argue with reality, not the drama you create.

Last edited:
Speak for yourself. Nobody needs your help. The greatest weakness is spouting garbage you made up about people you don't know rather than backing up your own position. You project complete ignorance about international diplomacy and want badly to find anything, even if you have to lie about it, to criticize a political opponent.

You will try to substitute immigration for illegal entry to this country. You will lie about who is coming across our borders with no identification and no case for legal entry, including many who should never be allowed to enter the country (criminals, terrorists, foreign military personnel) - and who is profiting from it.

You will lie to say that only one group has ever complained about elections, called out irregularities and buried secrets. Its a nonpartisan issue that affects all of us, masquerading as a team sport. This has been shown to you multiple times on this board, but you conveniently continue to forget that Democrats complained and even fabricated stories to claim that elections were stolen from them in the recent past.

Are you really okay with destroying and concealing election materials to keep the public from seeing what really happened? Common law tells us concealing or destroying evidence is itself evidence of guilt.

Do yourself a favor and make some effort to understand what people say, rather than digging for some way to make a negative of it by conflating terms, changing context, or simply adding your own words to create an absurd straw man. Argue all you want, but argue with reality, not the drama you create.
Sir,
As far as the border, build a wall to the moon, I don't care!
I was talking about what the words that actually came out of your cult leaders own mouth this weekend.
How bout looking for yourself before you say someone is lying....maybe you will see the truth.
BTW, I will post when I feel like it.
Get over yourself.

• Haha
Sir,
As far as the border, build a wall to the moon, I don't care!
I was talking about what the words that actually came out of your cult leaders own mouth this weekend.
How bout looking for yourself before you say someone is lying....maybe you will see the truth.
BTW, I will post when I feel like it.
Get over yourself.
If you actually read my post, making any effort to understand it, you would know that I didn't say at any point that you should not post. I advised you to speak for yourself instead of creating a straw man to beat up. Life's a lot more balanced and happy when we do.

I called out internet memes that are disingenuous and seek to mislead.

I'm not in a cult and don't feel the need to mischaracterize others in that way. I question everything. If you really think that one side is constantly lying and the other is telling you the truth, its time to wake up and question those beliefs. Look behind what you are told to think and you will see some disturbing things.

If name calling is all you've got, you've got nothing.

If you actually read my post, making any effort to understand it, you would know that I didn't say at any point that you should not post. I advised you to speak for yourself instead of creating a straw man to beat up. Life's a lot more balanced and happy when we do.

I'm not in a cult and don't feel the need to mischaracterize others in that way. I question everything. If you really think that one side is constantly lying and the other is telling you the truth, its time to wake up and question those beliefs. Look behind what you are told to think and you will see some disturbing things.

If name calling is all you've got, you've got nothing.
You sir was the one that called me a liar.
The only one I was listening to was Trump himself. I was not listening to what someone else said he said or an interpretation of what he said.
It's easy to find if you care to look for yourself.

I called out internet memes that are disingenuous and seek to mislead.

If name calling is all you've got, you've got nothing.e
All the libs on here need to take a look in the mirror at themselves. They think everyone is guilty of what they are doing.

You sir was the one that called me a liar.
The only one I was listening to was Trump himself. I was not listening to what someone else said he said or an interpretation of what he said.
It's easy to find if you care to look for yourself.
I'm calling out and questioning what you are doing. Do you say these things because you don't actually read things very carefully and/or jump to conclusions, are you trying to be intentionally misleading, or just repeating a slanted view that you read and wanted to be true?

I'm not getting into a word parsing discussion that will take too much time and just be denied without consideration by someone with a preconceived judgment to defend. I've walked into that boondoggle before.

Let me use an example that you might relate to more easily. There's a quote of Joe Biden saying "We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics."

Political opponents have said that Joe was simply "saying the quiet part out loud" and bragging about fraud. Any honest listener knows that it was a poor choice of words and he's really claiming to have organized a broad base to fight voter fraud. Using that quote against him is either politically disingenuous, an attempt at humor, or to question his cognitive abilities.

A more cynical view is that some folks don't believe what he was trying to say, and therefore using it against him is fair game. I'm not a fan of that one, either. Do you think that approach is fair?

I'm calling out and questioning what you are doing. Do you say these things because you don't actually read things very carefully and/or jump to conclusions, are you trying to be intentionally misleading, or just repeating a slanted view that you read and wanted to be true?

I'm not getting into a word parsing discussion that will take too much time and just be denied without consideration by someone with a preconceived judgment to defend. I've walked into that boondoggle before.

Let me use an example that you might relate to more easily. There's a quote of Joe Biden saying "We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics."

Political opponents have said that Joe was simply "saying the quiet part out loud" and bragging about fraud. Any honest listener knows that it was a poor choice of words and he's really claiming to have organized a broad base to fight voter fraud. Using that quote against him is either politically disingenuous, an attempt at humor, or to question his cognitive abilities.

A more cynical view is that some folks don't believe what he was trying to say, and therefore using it against him is fair game. I'm not a fan of that one, either. Do you think that approach is fair?
First of all, I can't stand Biden.
I don't know how many times I have to say it....THESE ARE TRUMPS OWN WORDS.....LIVE ON CAMERA!
Please look at it yourself, it's in plain sight if you will just look.
Don't what else to say to you.
Don't have anything to do with Biden, libs, rep, dem....these are his own words in front of a live camera.
If you don't believe that then I don't know what to tell you.
Have a good evening.

I don't know how many times I have to say it....THESE ARE TRUMPS OWN WORDS.....LIVE ON CAMERA!
Don't have anything to do with Biden, libs, rep, dem....these are his own words in front of a live camera.
Have a good evening.
Never understood a single word I said.

Not indulging another "Fine People" hoax, as I said. If that's what one has to do to find fault with Trump, he's doing pretty good.

Regarding the rest of your list, do you really want to make a list of who lied about what and what the repercussions were for those lies? Lies about Covid, lies about election fraud, lies about highly classified documents and the list goes on and on.

But back to the original topic. Are you comfortable with Trump calling the opposition vermin and are you comfortable with Trump calling veterans suckers and losers?

Regarding the list - yes.

Regarding Trump's language, you're twisting it. To be fair, I wouldn't have used the word precisely bc progs like you would do exactly as you're doing. But he's not using it in the manner you infer.

With that said, you don't seem to have a problem with Biden calling half the country extremists; so what are you bitching about?

I am no more worried about trump calling political opponents vermin (if he really did) than you are with your boy brandon calling trump supporters extremist and fascist and your girl killary calling trump supporters deplorables and your boy obuma calling opponents bitter clingers etc. Where you upset enough about those idiots and their name calling to not vote for them? LOL no not at all. There is a lot more to be disgusted about dims than pubs. Baby murder, child sexualization, perverted deviant sexual behavior being pushed as the norm and forced on all of us instead of keeping it in the bedroom, open borders. Just to name a few. So your turn... just how upset are you by name calling big will. Spin your way out of this one. We all know who you voted for. So name calling is only bad to you if a pub is the one did the calliing... IN fact, I bet you agree and use the derogatory terms yourself. Hypocrite much?

Have a good evening.
Here you go mitchell,,,, you have proven again that you are easily swayed by the vapors of the left...... from the NYT... quotes of his speech.

In Veterans Day Speech, Trump Promises to ‘Root Out’ the Left​

The former president said that threats from abroad were less concerning than liberal “threats from within” and that he was a “very proud election denier.”

• Share full article

Donald J. Trump in a navy blue suit as he’s giving a speech.

“I’m a very proud election denier,” former President Donald J. Trump said during a nearly two-hour speech on Saturday.Credit...Sophie Park for The New York Times

Donald J. Trump in a navy blue suit as he’s giving a speech.

Michael Gold
By Michael Gold
Michael Gold is following the Trump campaign and reported from Claremont, N.H.
Nov. 11, 2023
Former President Donald J. Trump, on a day set aside to celebrate those who have defended the United States in uniform, promised to honor veterans in part by assailing what he portrayed as America’s greatest foe: the political left.
Using incendiary and dehumanizing language to refer to his opponents, Mr. Trump vowed to “root out” what he called “the radical left thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country.”
“The threat from outside forces is far less sinister, dangerous and grave than the threat from within,” Mr. Trump said Saturday in a nearly two-hour Veterans Day address in Claremont, N.H.
Mr. Trump accused Democrats and President Biden of trying to roll back his efforts to expand veteran access to health care, causing soaring inflation, pushing the country to the brink of World War III, endangering the troops in Afghanistan and of lying and rigging elections.
ADVERTISEMENT
SKIP ADVERTISEMENT

He also promised to care for America’s veterans, reviving a hyperbolic claim that he made throughout his 2016 campaign that Democrats “treat the illegal aliens just pouring into our country better than they treat our veterans.”
And he said he would divert money currently earmarked “for the shelter and transport of illegal aliens” to instead provide shelter and treatment for homeless military veterans.

Lets see,,, all the dims pols call the gop/turmp supporters fascist, threats to America etc. If I have too because I know you won't admit it I will go get a copy of speech where biden did the exact same thing. Where killay did the exact same thing. This is another fine people effort by the left to portray trump as evil..... He is just acting like a dim and dims can't stand it.

You need to stop getting so whipped out of shape by snowflake dims and their vapors over being treated the way they treat everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT