ADVERTISEMENT

So Minnesota has the largest

PotimusWillie

B2B Caffeinated Nat’l Champion
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2009
Somali population in the country with over 25% of all US Somali residents and is home to 25% of the ISIS recruits as recognized by our government.

The majority of that population is in Minneapolis - St Paul metro area.

Iihan Omar is from Minnesota and her district runs straight through the heart of Minneapolis.

That’s it, I’m voting for Harris.

And their new Somalia-friendly state flag.

iu

Flag of Somalia

iu

Somali State Flags

Puntland
Flag_of_Puntland.svg-1024x682.png

Galmudug
Flag_of_Galmudug.svg-1024x614.png

Jubaland
Flag_of_Jubaland_Somalia.svg.png

Hirshabelle
Hirshabeelle.png

South West
Flag_of_South_West_State_of_Somalia_2014_-_.png

Somaliland
Flag_of_Somaliland-300x150.png

I think it looks great.

"Andrew Prekker, a 24-year-old from Luverne, MN, designed the winning entry. When asked about his inspiration, Prekker stated that he focused on the North Star, then included colors that brought Minnesota to life. He settled on green, symbolizing nature, blue for water, and white for snow."

I guess it had a green stripe that they cut.

I think it looks great.

"Andrew Prekker, a 24-year-old from Luverne, MN, designed the winning entry. When asked about his inspiration, Prekker stated that he focused on the North Star, then included colors that brought Minnesota to life. He settled on green, symbolizing nature, blue for water, and white for snow."

This site is nonstop entertainment. The world is out to get them.

Reactions: nice marmot
Somali population in the country with over 25% of all US Somali residents and is home to 25% of the ISIS recruits as recognized by our government.

Iihan Omar is from Minnesota and her district runs straight through the heart of Minneapolis.

What an incredible reach. Pathetic.

I think it looks great.

You sold me. It’s all so inclusive. That’s the point, right?

I think it looks great.

Yeah, here's Andrew and the design. Should look familiar after reviewing the above (see: Jubaland).

iu

The brother-marrier said it herself: she represents the interests of the Somalian people.

Who knew Somalians liked cold weather? I guess multi-million dollar scams make the frigid temps more tolerable.

LOL. That's some serious analysis right there.

You find that humorous?

I guess if I had said water is wet you would have an issue?
I just think it's not something most people are gonna let their decision rest on. And let's be honest, you and everyone that agrees with you have already made their decision...like decades ago.

What did I reach for? Nothing I said is untrue, other than my last comment.

Why can’t you agree with truth?

I just stated factual information. Does it bother you?
No, because you are trying desperately to make a point. And your attempt to connect your factual information to your point is a pathetic reach.

You cherry pick “facts” just like you do Bible verses. If it supports your judgments, it’s correct. Otherwise, incorrect.

Does it ever occur to you that you are totally full of crap?

Does that bother you?

No, because you are trying desperately to make a point. And your attempt to connect your factual information to your point is a pathetic reach.

You cherry pick “facts” just like you do Bible verses. If it supports your judgments, it’s correct. Otherwise, incorrect.

Does that bother you?
In all honesty, he's preaching to the choir. No one that's actually on the fence is gonna be influenced by that stuff.

Does that bother you?
The new MN flag has more than minimal similarity to Somalia's, yes? Why was it changed?

Reactions: Dawgfan1966
The new MN flag has more than minimal similarity to Somalia's, yes? Why was it changed?
Let's address these.

1. The new flag does not look like the Somali flag.

This is Minnesota's flag:

unnamed.png

The Somali flag:

Somalia-Nylon-Outdoor-Flag.webp

The stars are not the same and the blue shades of color are not the same.

The dark blue on the Minnesota flag represents the shape of the state. The star is the North Star. This had to do with Minnesota's state motto: The Star of the North. And the Blue represents the many lakes of Minnesota. If you don't know, the reason the LA Lakers are called Lakers is because the franchise started in Minneapolis. There are not that many lakes around Los Angeles. The NBA encouraged the LA Lakers not to change the name because it was the first dynasty franchise in NBA history. So they kept the name. Minnesota is a state full of lakes. It's nickname is "Land of 10,000 lakes"

The Somali Flag is a star on a light blue background. The light blue is the color of the United Nations who helped them gain independence. The star is five pointed and represents the five Somali homelands.

2. They changed their flag because the old one was offensive to Native Americans. The seal on it was copied from a seal from a flag in the 1800s and at that time many seals of western states celebrated manifest destiny. The seal depicted a Native American on horseback riding off into the sunset and looking back at a white woman plowing a field with a gun by her side. Kind of subtle...I guess. The change was requested by a group of high school students to a member of their state legislature. In 2022, he and another member submitted a bill to change the flag. He had been trying to get it changed since 2017. Walz help passed the bill and that's the only involvement he had in it. They asked for submission of different designs. Ultimately the one they have now was chosen. The start of trying to change their flag was before Walz was elected governor. The change occurred while he was governor.

Quite a leap here.

This is false like a lot of the stuff that conservatives are reading on Twitter these days. It started on 4chan, worked its way to Twitter and then found it's way to the Dawgchat. I don't expect this to be the last thing talked about here with a similar path.

Last edited:
Let's address these.

1. The new flag does not look like the Somali flag.

This is Minnesota's flag:

unnamed.png

The Somali flag:

Somalia-Nylon-Outdoor-Flag.webp

The stars are not the same and the blue shades of color are not the same.

The dark blue on the Minnesota flag represents the shape of the state. The star is the North Star. This had to do with Minnesota's state motto: The Star of the North. And the Blue represents the many lakes of Minnesota. If you don't know, the reason the LA Lakers are called Lakers is because the franchise started in Minneapolis. There are not that many lakes around Los Angeles. The NBA encouraged the LA Lakers not to change the name because it was the first dynasty franchise in NBA history. So they kept the name. Minnesota is a state full of lakes. It's nickname is "Land of 10,000 lakes"

The Somali Flag is a star on a light blue background. The light blue is the color of the United Nations who helped them gain independence. The star is five pointed and represents the five Somali homelands.

2. They changed their flag because the old one was offensive to Native Americans. The seal on it was copied from a seal from a flag in the 1800s and at that time many seals of western states celebrated manifest destiny. The seal depicted a Native American on horseback riding off into the sunset and looking back at a white woman plowing a field with a gun by her side. Kind of subtle...I guess. The change was requested by a group of high school students to a member of their state legislature. In 2022, he and another member submitted a bill to change the flag. He had been trying to get it changed since 2017. Walz help passed the bill and that's the only involvement he had in it. They asked for submission of different designs. Ultimately the one they have now was chosen. The start of trying to change their flag was before Walz was elected governor. The change occurred while he was governor.

Quite a leap here.

This is false like a lot of the stuff that conservatives are reading on Twitter these days. It started on 4chan, worked its way to Twitter and then found it's way to the Dawgchat. I don't expect this to be the last thing talked about here with a similar path.
So you disagree?

Reactions: Dawgfan1966

Does that bother you?
What is my point?
What is my judgement?
What Bible verses have I cherry picked?
It has never occurred to me.
My opinion doesn’t bother me, does your opinion bother you?

In all honesty, he's preaching to the choir. No one that's actually on the fence is gonna be influenced by that stuff.
kckd, the hypocrisy in all this is that we are all preaching to the choir.

We are all just fighting the war of opinion. I’m right, your wrong.

But somehow, you are righteous in your opinion but mine is just “stuff” as I attempt to influence.

Quite an approach. I applaud your hypocrisy.

We have differences in political theory. And I can’t understand your political belief. That is why we arm wrestle on this board.

What do you believe in and support from a Republican and Democrat perspective and what do you see as the key reason you support your party if choice?

This way, we can iron out this feud and recapture the long-standing friendship we’ve had since our youth.

You think I’m stupid and I think you’re stupid. Why?

kckd, the hypocrisy in all this is that we are all preaching to the choir.

We are all just fighting the war of opinion. I’m right, your wrong.

But somehow, you are righteous in your opinion but mine is just “stuff” as I attempt to influence.

Quite an approach. I applaud your hypocrisy.

We have differences in political theory. And I can’t understand your political belief. That is why we arm wrestle on this board.

What do you believe in and support from a Republican and Democrat perspective and what do you see as the key reason you support your party if choice?

This way, we can iron out this feud and recapture the long-standing friendship we’ve had since our youth.

You think I’m stupid and I think you’re stupid. Why?
I think that there are young black men that will get out and vote if Trump keeps bringing up race where it's not even warranted. Saying "illegals" are taking "Black jobs" is not a smart move.

I also think that could be a turn off to people who haven't made up their mind. The kind of stuff you are bringing up and the flag stuff (which isn't even true), that's just more Dem is evil stuff that's in every election. It just feeds the angry flock. Not much else.

Her record on the border? That's a problem. That could win people over. That's not what Donald focuses on though. He's worried about reports that more people are showing up to her rallies than his and that she may get Blacks to vote for her that used to vote for him, so he tries to make her out to not be Black.

Her name? Well that's just grade school stuff that shows you his maturity level.

I don't think you're stupid. You think I am. You all hurl stupid at me and others like me far more often than we say it to you. I make fun of your candidate and I honestly don't think you would feel any more offended if I made fun of your wife and kids. I don't take what you say about Harris or Biden personally.

I don't have a party of choice. I support the party that didn't run Trump. If Trump were not running, I could very well vote differently. I was not given that choice.

I think that there are young black men that will get out and vote if Trump keeps bringing up race where it's not even warranted. Saying "illegals" are taking "Black jobs" is not a smart move.

I also think that could be a turn off to people who haven't made up their mind. The kind of stuff you are bringing up and the flag stuff (which isn't even true), that's just more Dem is evil stuff that's in every election. It just feeds the angry flock. Not much else.

Her record on the border? That's a problem. That could win people over. That's not what Donald focuses on though. He's worried about reports that more people are showing up to her rallies than his and that she may get Blacks to vote for her that used to vote for him, so he tries to make her out to not be Black.

Her name? Well that's just grade school stuff that shows you his maturity level.

I don't think you're stupid. You think I am. You all hurl stupid at me and others like me far more often than we say it to you. I make fun of your candidate and I honestly don't think you would feel any more offended if I made fun of your wife and kids. I don't take what you say about Harris or Biden personally.

I don't have a party of choice. I support the party that didn't run Trump. If Trump were not running, I could very well vote differently. I was not given that choice.
This is good stuff. I understand the rub between us.

My posts aren’t based on what a candidate should say to get elected. The political election angle seems really important to you in your response to me. Nothing wrong there, but we are fussing from different perspectives. We figure that out we probably have much common ground.

The political ad stuff is fluff. The campaign is fluff. What does the candidate believe in. What does the party power base believe in. That is who will rule over us and invoke policy that affects our life.

If someone has an opinion on that, it’s valid either way.

Your comment about supporting the party that doesn’t run Trump…… please explain. It’s got to be more than that.

What are your hard core beliefs in the purpose of government? Besides Trump, what government do you want?

Without rebuttal or comment from me.

This is good stuff. I understand the rub between us.

My posts aren’t based on what a candidate should say to get elected. The political election angle seems really important to you in your response to me. Nothing wrong there, but we are fussing from different perspectives. We figure that out we probably have much common ground.

The political ad stuff is fluff. The campaign is fluff. What does the candidate believe in. What does the party power base believe in. That is who will rule over us and invoke policy that affects our life.

If someone has an opinion on that, it’s valid either way.

Your comment about supporting the party that doesn’t run Trump…… please explain. It’s got to be more than that.

What are your hard core beliefs in the purpose of government? Besides Trump, what government do you want?

Without rebuttal or comment from me.
No. It's not more than that. I fully believe he came extremely close to bringing us to a point we could never come back from on Jan. 6th.

He spread lies and is still spreading lies about the election.

That's it. If Trump were the Democratic candidate and believed in everything the Democrats believed in and tried to pull the same crap he did on Jan. 6th. I would vote for the Republican ticket. You just don't get it. You live in a different world and believe totally different things are true. Not policy things or what those policy things will do. You believe in things that have not been proven. I know you believe they are proven. But they've been taken to court, but the judge says "no proof". One of the ringleaders of it said "We don't have the proof." You have Republicans from two different states testifying under oath saying the POTUS asked them to say the elections in the state were bogus without real proof. You have multiple people that worked for him saying he did nothing for three hours with people begging him to tell his followers at the Capitol to stop what they were doing. He wouldn't do it. That stuff is real. It's important.

You think it's not. I'm not trying to convince you. But it's silliness to me to talk about policy.

I've heard Dem policies were gonna end the country as we know it. And here I sit thirty years later, a middle aged adult, and not much has changed with 20 years since of Dem POTUS. I don't believe it. I know you do. I do believe what happened on Jan. 6th and I do believe Trump called election officials in two different states and tried to get them to say there was voter fraud that would change the outcome of the election in their states when there wasn't. That's it. There is no reason to discuss the things you're wanting to talk about. It makes no difference to me. I don't live in your alternative world with your alternative facts.

No. It's not more than that. I fully believe he came extremely close to bringing us to a point we could never come back from on Jan. 6th.

He spread lies and is still spreading lies about the election.

That's it. If Trump were the Democratic candidate and believed in everything the Democrats believed in and tried to pull the same crap he did on Jan. 6th. I would vote for the Republican ticket. You just don't get it. You live in a different world and believe totally different things are true. Not policy things or what those policy things will do. You believe in things that have not been proven. I know you believe they are proven. But they've been taken to court, but the judge says "no proof". One of the ringleaders of it said "We don't have the proof." You have Republicans from two different states testifying under oath saying the POTUS asked them to say the elections in the state were bogus without real proof. You have multiple people that worked for him saying he did nothing for three hours with people begging him to tell his followers at the Capitol to stop what they were doing. He wouldn't do it. That stuff is real. It's important.

You think it's not. I'm not trying to convince you. But it's silliness to me to talk about policy.

I've heard Dem policies were gonna end the country as we know it. And here I sit thirty years later, a middle aged adult, and not much has changed with 20 years since of Dem POTUS. I don't believe it. I know you do. I do believe what happened on Jan. 6th and I do believe Trump called election officials in two different states and tried to get them to say there was voter fraud that would change the outcome of the election in their states when there wasn't. That's it. There is no reason to discuss the things you're wanting to talk about. It makes no difference to me. I don't live in your alternative world with your alternative facts.
I tried to keep it civil. I forgot you only speak from a point of logical reason.

Discussion isn’t to change minds, it’s to discuss. We aren’t political ads, we have opinion.

Why get feelings hurt when someone has an opinion you don’t agree with? By you I mean us.

We lose any common ground and it becomes a battle, a war to win. That’s not the point.

Out of courtesy to you, I will refrain from responding to your posts. I would appreciate the same.

Otherwise, Christmas dinner at your house is going to be uncomfortable.

Reactions: Krowking123
I tried to keep it civil. I forgot you only speak from a point of logical reason.

Discussion isn’t to change minds, it’s to discuss. We aren’t political ads, we have opinion.

Why get feelings hurt when someone has an opinion you don’t agree with? By you I mean us.

We lose any common ground and it becomes a battle, a war to win. That’s not the point.

Out of courtesy to you, I will refrain from responding to your posts. I would appreciate the same.

Otherwise, Christmas dinner at your house is going to be uncomfortable.
I didn't speak poison to you. You're getting offended because I don't believe what you believe. I have to think policy is important because you do. I can't just vote based on Trump's behavior and actions because the policies are just as important as that stuff and I must believe that because you do. When I say you're living in a alternate reality than I am, I'm not saying you're dumb or you're a fool. I'd be saying that about friends, relatives that I have a lot of respect for. But the truth is, you think something happened that I don't think happened. And you think something didn't happen, that I think did happen. And it's really hard to talk about anything if that's where you start from. Go Dawgs!!!

What is my point?
What is my judgement?
What Bible verses have I cherry picked?
It has never occurred to me.
My opinion doesn’t bother me, does your opinion bother you?

We’re going to end up like England. The trash on the left are too stupid to realize it until sharia law ends their miserable lives. Let’s go get stoned means a different thing to them.

We’re going to end up like England. The trash on the left are too stupid to realize it until sharia law ends their miserable lives. Let’s go get stoned means a different thing to them.
We're nowhere near England or most of the European countries in the amount of muslims in the country in terms of percentages. And most muslims come here legally, as they did in England. I will say that listening to people tell their stories on YouTube and podcasts who were raised in and left Islam is scary. Some of the British muslims that Piers Morgan has on his show to talk about Palestine have large social media followings. Some of their stuff is pretty scary. I have listened to some moderate muslims too because I want to get all sides, but they seem to be the minority or at least not as popular on social media.
I will say that I haven't heard about problems in Deerborn like they've had in sections of London and other parts of England.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT