ADVERTISEMENT

Special Counsel Hur is highly credible. Impressive…

Guessing the Dems hoped otherwise. Dude is solid.
I suspect that overall, the Dems are entirely comfortable with today's hearing. The GOP's efforts to convince people that Biden isn't mentally fit to serve were compared and contrasted rather effectively with the GOP alternative, as was the stark difference in the two classified documents cases.

I suspect that overall, the Dems are entirely comfortable with today's hearing. The GOP's efforts to convince people that Biden isn't mentally fit to serve were compared and contrasted rather effectively with the GOP alternative, as was the stark difference in the two classified documents cases.

Not disagreeing that there is a difference in how Trump handled documents but why would Hur mention it or include in his report since he is NOT investigating Trump , he is just including here say information. Again, not arguing it’s not true, but this isn’t his investigation

Not disagreeing that there is a difference in how Trump handled documents but why would Hur mention it or include in his report since he is NOT investigating Trump , he is just including here say information. Again, not arguing it’s not true, but this isn’t his investigation
I agree. It was a tacit acknowledgment that this investigation was regarding a politically charged matter, which doesn't seem appropriate to me.

It was also not appropriate, and in fact went against DOJ policy, for Hur to speculate regarding the anticipated defense strategy, much less the effectiveness in front of a jury of that hypothetical defense strategy, for the charges he decided not to bring. The DOJ directive on the matter suggests that if the preponderance of evidence supports charges, that the potential anticipated sympathy of a jury or the public at large should not impact the decision to bring charges.

I feel for Mr. Hur today. He is getting it from both sides.

Regardless, the hearing today gave the Dems a public forum to compare and contrast the two presidential candidates on both mental competence and the handling of classified documents. I think most people will see it as a win for Biden and the Dems.

I agree. It was a tacit acknowledgment that this investigation was regarding a politically charged matter, which doesn't seem appropriate to me.

It was also not appropriate, and in fact went against DOJ policy, for Hur to speculate regarding the anticipated defense strategy, much less the effectiveness in front of a jury of that hypothetical defense strategy, for the charges he decided not to bring. The DOJ directive on the matter suggests that if the preponderance of evidence supports charges, that the potential anticipated sympathy of a jury or the public at large should not impact the decision to bring charges.

Regardless, the hearing today gave the Dems a public forum to compare and contrast the two presidential candidates on both mental competence and the handling of classified documents. I think most people will see it as a win for Biden and the Dems.
Most people that you see or hear will classify it as a win for the Dems. Why is that? Because most you hear from are democrats. That is who is in the media.

I think he sounds credible. I think both candidates are old and will have gaffes. But it isn’t just gaffes either happening for Biden. He falls down once a month. He has the old man shuffle. Locally the Dems are trying hard to post every mistake Trump makes, but over seas they are only making fun of one laughingstock in their media. Which really tells the story from an unbiased point.

He still wrote down that he thinks Biden is a well intentioned man with a bad memory. He will be sympathetic to a jury because of his age and they will feel sorry for him. There is no spin around that. No matter how hard you and the media try. There isn’t. How many more July 6th moments or Lincoln Riley moments do you want to keep defending before it is time to admit he should step away.

You thought the sotu was a win. Normal folks with no agenda called it the worst state of the union address in our country’s history. And you and others touted it as the road to November is now cleared. It is more bias. His brain is f’ed to abstract thinking. It is why they don’t give him numbers to recite anymore.

Will. He asked for you to send him back to Congress for Christ sakes. He didn’t even remember he was running for president. Or currently is the president.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Which program from MSNBC did you glean this from?

Most people that you see or hear will classify it as a win for the Dems. Why is that? Because most you hear from are democrats. That is who is in the media.

I think he sounds credible. I think both candidates are old and will have gaffes. But it isn’t just gaffes either happening for Biden. He falls down once a month. He has the old man shuffle. Locally the Dems are trying hard to post every mistake Trump makes, but over seas they are only making fun of one laughingstock in their media. Which really tells the story from an unbiased point.

He still wrote down that he thinks Biden is a well intentioned man with a bad memory. He will be sympathetic to a jury because of his age and they will feel sorry for him. There is no spin around that. No matter how hard you and the media try. There isn’t. How many more July 6th moments or Lincoln Riley moments do you want to keep defending before it is time to admit he should step away.

You thought the sotu was a win. Normal folks with no agenda called it the worst state of the union address in our country’s history. And you and others touted it as the road to November is now cleared. It is more bias. His brain is f’ed to abstract thinking. It is why they don’t give him numbers to recite anymore.

Will. He asked for you to send him back to Congress for Christ sakes. He didn’t even remember he was running for president. Or currently is the president.
I'd love to see the polling that suggests that "normal folks" thought it was the worst SOTU ever. That's strong language and sounds a lot more like a made up Fox talking point than anything actually supported by data of any kind.

Sure, this is CNN. So, you are welcome to counter with your own poll.

CNN —
More than 6 in 10 Americans who watched President Joe Biden’s State of the Union address had a positive reaction to the speech, according to a CNN Poll conducted by SSRS, with a smaller 35% reacting very positively.

I'd love to see the polling that suggests that "normal folks" thought it was the worst SOTU ever. That's strong language and sounds a lot more like a made up Fox talking point than anything actually supported by data of any kind.

CNN —
More than 6 in 10 Americans who watched President Joe Biden’s State of the Union address had a positive reaction to the speech, according to a CNN Poll conducted by SSRS, with a smaller 35% reacting very positively.

The CNN poll might be right. However, I would love to see the breakdown of how many right leaning Americans were actually watching the speech. I would venture to guess that 8 out of 10 that watched were people that actually believe the garbage that he spews out of his mouth already. In that case, I wouldn’t be too excited about only 60% of those having a positive reaction.

CNN —

6 of 10 of who were polled. The fine gentleman above me poked holes in that. Sure. Still ranked as the least liked sotu ever. How many worsts can this guy collect. Worst approval rating ever for his economy. Worst approval rating ever for a sitting president. Worst approval rating ever for a current president running for reelection. Worst sotu. Biden is on a roll. You were calling the election a wrap after that speech. Funny the polling didn’t match the hype.

6 of 10 of who were polled. The fine gentleman above me poked holes in that. Sure. Still ranked as the least liked sotu ever. How many worsts can this guy collect. Worst approval rating ever for his economy. Worst approval rating ever for a sitting president. Worst approval rating ever for a current president running for reelection. Worst sotu. Biden is on a roll. You were calling the election a wrap after that speech. Funny the polling didn’t match the hype.
Hey, you guys were the ones who told us Joe was going to crap his pants and walk off the stage. Thanks for setting such a low bar.

In fact, thanks to the GOP and their nominating process, Joe doesn't have to be loved or even liked. Joe would likely lose and lose badly to any reasonable republican candidate who doesn't carry the baggage of DJT, but here we are. Biden just has to be the less offensive choice in November, which is also a very low bar and one I feel good about him achieving.

CNN —

I think what zinger was referring to was the context of that cnn poll (which I've posted previously):

I'm not sure how long we've had polls post-SOTU (so "all time" is probably a difficult point to prove). But, apparently it's been 25 years since one was received this poorly.

I think what zinger was referring to was the context of that cnn poll (which I've posted previously):

I'm not sure how long we've had polls post-SOTU (so "all time" is probably a difficult point to prove). But, apparently it's been 25 years since one was received this poorly.
My bad. I stand corrected. 25 years. Worst ever rated since they have been rating these things. That goes for the other worst evahs Biden has been racking up. Keep me straight brother

• Haha
Reactions: Moosefish

CNN —

Also from CNN (same article):

"Good marks from speech-watchers are typical for presidential addresses to Congress, which tend to attract generally friendly audiences that disproportionately hail from their own party. In CNN speech reaction polls dating back to the Clinton era, audience reactions have always been positive. But State of the Union addresses rarely lead to significant shifts in presidential approval among the broader American public, particularly in recent years."

Hey, you guys were the ones who told us Joe was going to crap his pants and walk off the stage. Thanks for setting such a low bar.

In fact, thanks to the GOP and their nominating process, Joe doesn't have to be loved or even liked. Joe would likely lose and lose badly to any reasonable republican candidate who doesn't carry the baggage of DJT, but here we are. Biden just has to be the less offensive choice in November, which is also a very low bar and one I feel good about him achieving.
I agree with you. His depends held up. He didn’t crap his pants on stage that we know of. He only made a few mistakes and seemed way more lucid than he has for the last year or so. Lincoln Riley aside. I have seen a lot worse from him. This goes back to our previous discussion. Where I even fell on my own sword. I watched it having an agenda. You watched it having an agenda. All hardcore politic media folks watched it with an agenda as well. Seems like the folks who didn’t spoke loudly. Didn’t care for it as much. Needless to say I think you early called the election due to his speech.

I don't think the prosecutor can, on one hand, say Biden is a feable old man with a bad memory, while on the other hand, state DURING HIS INTERVIEW WITH BIDEN, to Biden himself, that he appears to have a "photographic memory" (it is in the transcript).

which is it? It can't be both...

Reactions: willdup
I don't think the prosecutor can, on one hand, say Biden is a feable old man with a bad memory, while on the other hand, state DURING HIS INTERVIEW WITH BIDEN, to Biden himself, that he appears to have a "photographic memory" (it is in the transcript).

It is strange. The same way the same guy(Joe) can stand on the pulpit giving Trump the business about keeping these docs too long. The unmitigated nerve sir. A fantastic old man speech. One that makes judge smails proud. Come to find out he has the same kind of docs all over his office, home and garage. Even in his corvette. The man had no freaking clue. That to me is very hard to spin. Both of these top secret cases are dangerous on the surface. Certainly not having any idea you had these docs as potus should be terrifying to the country as a whole. Along with him having these docs at home all while not being president. They didn’t trust him with any docs since he was elected ironically.

He's trying to keep Biden out of jail.

I dont disagree he is getting EXTREME latitude given his position, but Hurs credibility comes into question if he misrepresented something as minimal as to bidens cognitive capabilities when it can be easily contradicted with his own words in the transcript. Strange indeed.

If his report embellished on that point, how can we find the rest of the report credible? How much more is he embellishing? I think that is a fair question.

I do think the main reason trump is being investigated is that he thumbed his nose at authorities and they didn't like it. But for either to act like they did nothing wrong is not a good thing.

I agree with you. His depends held up. He didn’t crap his pants on stage that we know of. He only made a few mistakes and seemed way more lucid than he has for the last year or so. Lincoln Riley aside. I have seen a lot worse from him. This goes back to our previous discussion. Where I even fell on my own sword. I watched it having an agenda. You watched it having an agenda. All hardcore politic media folks watched it with an agenda as well. Seems like the folks who didn’t spoke loudly. Didn’t care for it as much. Needless to say I think you early called the election due to his speech.
To be clear, I actually went on record well over a month ago saying I think Biden will win. I also wasn’t surprised he performed well enough (call it what it is) in the SOTU. It was a low bar, and he got over it without face planting.

Biden is not a great choice for President and I wish we could come up with a few choices whose ages are south of 65, much less 75.

And, as I said, Biden would lose to a reasonable candidate. The problem is the GOP is in no way about being reasonable these days. Trump is going to become even more Trumpish, the election fraud allegations will continue, the promises to pardon the J6ers will get louder and the circus will expand as we get closer to the election. The base will love it and everyone else won’t.

All Biden has to do is be the second most hated man running for president, which, while a damn sorry state of affairs, is likely a winning position for him.

It’s going to be an interesting year.

I dont disagree he is getting EXTREME latitude given his position, but Hurs credibility comes into question if he misrepresented something as minimal as to bidens cognitive capabilities when it can be easily contradicted with his own words in the transcript. Strange indeed.

If his report embellished on that point, how can we find the rest of the report credible? How much more is he embellishing? I think that is a fair question.

I do think the main reason trump is being investigated is that he thumbed his nose at authorities and they didn't like it. But for either to act like they did nothing wrong is not a good thing.
No, Trump is being targeted because he's called out both sides. Ds don't like him because he's a legit populist threat. Rs don't like him because he's not a knee jerk supporter of someone simply because there's an R by their name.

Reactions: cherrydawg
To be clear, I actually went on record well over a month ago saying I think Biden will win. I also wasn’t surprised he performed well enough (call it what it is) in the SOTU. It was a low bar, and he got over it without face planting.

Biden is not a great choice for President and I wish we could come up with a few choices whose ages are south of 65, much less 75.

And, as I said, Biden would lose to a reasonable candidate. The problem is the GOP is in no way about being reasonable these days. Trump is going to become even more Trumpish, the election fraud allegations will continue, the promises to pardon the J6ers will get louder and the circus will expand as we get closer to the election. The base will love it and everyone else won’t.

All Biden has to do is be the second most hated man running for president, which, while a damn sorry state of affairs, is likely a winning position for him.

It’s going to be an interesting year.
I agree with you with one exception. He'll definitely still be the uber confident Trump we've seen, but I've read he's assembled a helluva team. And I've noticed he's seems to be more focused on being conciliatory and unifying after he's won. He's been pretty friendly towards RDS and the others after he defeated them, and his overarching message seems to be one of unity. We'll see if he can stick to it.

If I were laying odds in Vegas today I'd say Trump will lose. But, I'm actually hearing from ppl, mostly women, who say they'll vote for Trump over Biden if it comes down to those 2.

I agree with you with one exception. He'll definitely still be the uber confident Trump we've seen, but I've read he's assembled a helluva team. And I've noticed he's seems to be more focused on being conciliatory and unifying after he's won. He's been pretty friendly towards RDS and the others after he defeated them, and his overarching message seems to be one of unity. We'll see if he can stick to it.

If I were laying odds in Vegas today I'd say Trump will lose. But, I'm actually hearing from ppl, mostly women, who say they'll vote for Trump over Biden if it comes down to those 2.
He said last time he was only gonna hire the best people and he fired most of them and disparages them any chance he gets.

His being friendly to Desantis is no different than how he treated Cruz in 16.

Forgive me but I've seen this movie before....

Reactions: GDawg and wcbowen
He's trying to keep Biden out of jail.

Just another episode of DC Kabuki theatre. There is simply no doubt Biden knowingly, intentionally and recklessly mishandled classified docs for decades. He's either guilty of felonies or he's not fit to stand trial but they sat there for hours trying to thread a needle while both sides got to score their partisan points. Everyone knows the truth but nothing will be done and Lindsey Graham is still going to get to the bottom of the Crossfire Hurricane abuses.

Have you ever been around someone with dementia?

Have you ever been around someone with dementia?
I actually have. And those I know wouldn't have been able to give a 5 hour interview or that speech the other night (and the glad handing that occurred afterwards forcing them to shut off the lights). On multiple occasions in the transcript Biden corrects Hur or Hur "misremembers"....he's alot younger than Biden.... what's his excuse?

Has a qualified medical expert formally diagnosed Biden with dementia? I must've missed that...

Last I checked...Hur doesn't have the qualifications to make that determination. He let his biases creep into the report. It's forcing us to talk about the wrong issue when we should be focused on Biden storing documents illegally (I don't find bidens answers acceptable at all BTW). But its hard for me to tell now what are the credible pieces of the report....it's tainted in my opinion.

But as we have seen in the last week, republicans will embellish parts of a story for ratings and shock value (Hur, Britt, mace, etc).

I actually have. And those I know wouldn't have been able to give a 5 hour interview or that speech the other night (and the glad handing that occurred afterwards forcing them to shut off the lights). On multiple occasions in the transcript Biden corrects Hur or Hur "misremembers"....he's alot younger than Biden.... what's his excuse?

Has a qualified medical expert formally diagnosed Biden with dementia? I must've missed that...

Last I checked...Hur doesn't have the qualifications to make that determination. He let his biases creep into the report. It's forcing us to talk about the wrong issue when we should be focused on Biden storing documents illegally (I don't find bidens answers acceptable at all BTW). But its hard for me to tell now what are the credible pieces of the report....it's tainted in my opinion.

But as we have seen in the last week, republicans will embellish parts of a story for ratings and shock value (Hur, Britt, mace, etc).
Not what I was getting at.

Since you have been around someone with dementia, you should know that their abilities vary with the topic at hand, the nature of the questions being asked, and the day or even time of day. It is very likely that a person with dementia could describe events in great detail, but then not know if it was last week or 30 years ago. My grandmother was like that.

Near the end of his life, Glenn Campbell went on a farewell tour. He couldn't tell you where he was, but he could play difficult chord progressions with ease. One day he would recall his lyrics 4 verses deep, but tomorrow he may not. In one show, he played the same song twice in a row without realizing.

So yes, one who has an impairment can appear to be totally lucid and have a great grasp of factual information, but be totally lost on dates and the passage of time. Its not all one or the other.

Last edited:

or course he can..If Biden can get away with breaking the law possessing classified documents as both a Senator and VP, sharing that information on an unprotected line with those that have no authorization to have knowledge of that info. this prosecutor can say whatever he wants to

Last edited:
Not what I was getting at.

Since you have been around someone with dementia, you should know that their abilities vary with the topic at hand, the nature of the questions being asked, and the day or even time of day. It is very likely that a person with dementia could describe events in great detail, but then not know if it was last week or 30 years ago. My grandmother was like that.

Near the end of his life, Glenn Campbell went on a farewell tour. He couldn't tell you where he was, but he could play difficult chord progressions with ease. One day he would recall his lyrics 4 verses deep, but tomorrow he may not. In one show, he played the same song twice in a row without realizing.

So yes, one who has an impairment can appear to be totally lucid and have a great grasp of factual information, but be totally lost on dates and the passage of time. Its not all one or the other.
So funny..no one thinks this guy appears “lucid” anyway..he read from a teleprompter for an hr..BIG DEAL…with 5 days of rest and crazy doses of adderall, anyone can do something for an hr drugged up…atta boy Joe!
Look at his last 10 public appearances, no one in their right mind can say he appears “lucid” …far far from it! I’ll will gladly post these “lucid“ public appearances. It’s gonna take a lot more than a one night teleprompted speech….everyone knows and can see he he’s a walking (and can hardly do that) vegetable.

in the transcript, the idiot did not even know when his own son died.

Last edited:
Reactions: Athens is Heaven
So much for a bump
this is from one of the most liberal hacks of all ..yahoo

people know a drugged up old senile man when they see one

lets see, your guy stashed classified documents in 7 UNSECURE locations, shared them with a ghost writer to write a book for him, got $$$ for said book, and you are trying to say biden is not as bad as your tds ghost.... LMBO, Biden looks stupid and awful and like a traitor for providing the documents to a writer and you libs look even worse for defending him and acting like his is a nothing burger. What we have here is a 2 tiered biased enforcement of the law by a politicized doj and your lack of acknowledgement of that fact proves your crying about democracy and j6 are just hollow words spoken by a true leftist that cares nothing for the rule of law.

Too bad its against the rules to tell you leftist what you need to hear.

lets see, your guy stashed classified documents in 7 UNSECURE locations, shared them with a ghost writer to write a book for him, got $$$ for said book, and you are trying to say biden is not as bad as your tds ghost.... LMBO, Biden looks stupid and awful and like a traitor for providing the documents to a writer and you libs look even worse for defending him and acting like his is a nothing burger. What we have here is a 2 tiered biased enforcement of the law by a politicized doj and your lack of acknowledgement of that fact proves your crying about democracy and j6 are just hollow words spoken by a true leftist that cares nothing for the rule of law.

Too bad it’s against the rules to tell you leftist what you need to hear.
As you seem unable to tell the many differences between the Biden and Trump documents cases, spend the 2:34 to watch this clip. I’m sure it will help.

Reactions: GDawg

16921eeb-07a6-4ed8-8b74-218fd390b660_text.gif

This is our president people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT