ADVERTISEMENT

The leftists secessionists in Seattle is quite interesting

I'm confused and I'm directing this to you because I have always found you to be a voice of reason. What laws have they broken? As far as I can tell it is a protest. No violence. I can't speak for the police decision to abandon a precinct.

They have legitimately controlled access into public property. They have put barricades up around roads and are controlling access with armed guards so to speak. They are trying to establish a sovereign zone. This isn’t your normal protest. This is 100% illegal on every level.
As an outdoorsman if I block access to a public road leading on to public property I would be ticketed and my vehicle towed. These people are blocking entire city blocks and we are trying to reason with them.

I'm confused and I'm directing this to you because I have always found you to be a voice of reason. What laws have they broken? As far as I can tell it is a protest. No violence. I can't speak for the police decision to abandon a precinct.
they literally took over a part of the city and fenced it in, it is heavily guarded and you somehow think this is okay in America.....wow

hate I forgot to tag you

The police obviously abandoned the precinct because things were peaceful. They filmed a guy walking around with an ak47 in the middle of the blocked off area. The media had to change that narrative. It was on Twitter. If you argue this you aren’t an American. They just took over a six block area in the USA and said you can’t come in. While on some channels this has been described as an area of peace with food aplenty and love making abound. This is where you should abandon your party and say this is too much. I can say, I wish my president would put down the gosh damn twitter account. Melania should kick him in the balls if he tweets another f’ing thing. What if your place of business was in there and you have never done a thing to harm any race? Can you not see how this ends bad for everyone. Smgdh. Fme

it also will spawn copy cats all over the country. Maybe coming to your backyard real soon.

Last edited:
They have legitimately controlled access into public property. They have put barricades up around roads and are controlling access with armed guards so to speak. They are trying to establish a sovereign zone. This isn’t your normal protest. This is 100% illegal on every level.
As an outdoorsman if I block access to a public road leading on to public property I would be ticketed and my vehicle towed. These people are blocking entire city blocks and we are trying to reason with them.
Thanks. I had been trying to read multiple sources on what was going on and couldn't tell if they had blocked roads or the authorities had to try to limit the protest area. Yeah that is no good. If protestors/terrorists are blocking access and more than figuratively taking over space then they need to be arrested. I'm not confident the armed part is correct based on what I have read. I could be wrong about that though.

I can't believe you are asking that question. Let's start with the easy one which is extortion via asking the business owner to pay them.
Do you need more?

I can't believe you are asking that question. Let's start with the easy one which is extortion via asking the business owner to pay them.
Do you need more?
Yep if that has happened then those need to be arrested immediately.

Reactions: mr fury
Thanks. I had been trying to read multiple sources on what was going on and couldn't tell if they had blocked roads or the authorities had to try to limit the protest area. Yeah that is no good. If protestors/terrorists are blocking access and more than figuratively taking over space then they need to be arrested. I'm not confident the armed part is correct based on what I have read. I could be wrong about that though.

As with everything these days I should probably take what I read with a grain of salt but I saw some tweets where apparently some of the organizers were calling for more armed personnel to protect the perimeter. But you know how things on Twitter can be...

lord1a.jpg

Oh yeah, they also have economic demands...

We also have economic demands that must be addressed.
  1. We demand the de-gentrification of Seattle, starting with rent control.
  2. We demand the restoration of city funding for arts and culture to re-establish the once-rich local cultural identity of Seattle.
  3. We demand free college for the people of the state of Washington, due to the overwhelming effect that education has on economic success, and the correlated overwhelming impact of poverty on people of color, as a form of reparations for the treatment of Black people in this state and country.
  4. We demand that between now and the abolition of the SPD that Seattle Police be prohibited from performing “homeless sweeps” that displace and disturb our homeless neighbors, and on equal footing we demand an end to all evictions.
  5. We demand a decentralized election process to give the citizens of Seattle a greater ability to select candidates for public office such that we are not forced to choose at the poll between equally undesirable options. There are multiple systems and policies in place which make it impractical at best for working-class people to run for public office, all of which must go, starting with any fees associated with applying to run for public office.
This one is great! You do away with #1 and you have absolutely no shot at #2 and #3

Reactions: deadduckdawg
Their demands are pretty reasonable though...

Given the historical moment, we’ll begin with our demands pertaining to the Justice System.
  1. The Seattle Police Department and attached court system are beyond reform. We do not request reform, we demand abolition. We demand that the Seattle Council and the Mayor defund and abolish the Seattle Police Department and the attached Criminal Justice Apparatus. This means 100% of funding, including existing pensions for Seattle Police. At an equal level of priority we also demand that the city disallow the operations of ICE in the city of Seattle.
  2. In the transitionary period between now and the dismantlement of the Seattle Police Department, we demand that the use of armed force be banned entirely. No guns, no batons, no riot shields, no chemical weapons, especially against those exercising their First Amendment right as Americans to protest.
  3. We demand an end to the school-to-prison pipeline and the abolition of youth jails. Get kids out of prison, get cops out of schools. We also demand that the new youth prison being built in Seattle currently be repurposed.
  4. We demand that not the City government, nor the State government, but that the Federal government launch a full-scale investigation into past and current cases of police brutality in Seattle and Washington, as well as the re-opening of all closed cases reported to the Office of Police Accountability. In particular, we demand that cases particular to Seattle and Washington be reopened where no justice has been served, namely the cases of Iosia Faletogo, Damarius Butts, Isaiah Obet, Tommy Le, Shaun Fuhr, and Charleena Lyles.
  5. We demand reparations for victims of police brutality, in a form to be determined.
  6. We demand that the City of Seattle make the names of officers involved in police brutality a matter of public record. Anonymity should not even be a privilege in public service.
  7. We demand a retrial of all People in Color currently serving a prison sentence for violent crime, by a jury of their peers in their community.
  8. We demand decriminalization of the acts of protest, and amnesty for protestors generally, but specifically those involved in what has been termed “The George Floyd Rebellion” against the terrorist cell that previously occupied this area known as the Seattle Police Department. This includes the immediate release of all protestors currently being held in prison after the arrests made at 11th and Pine on Sunday night and early Saturday morning June 7th and 8th, and any other protesters arrested in the past two weeks of the uprising, the name Evan Hreha in particular comes to mind who filmed Seattle police macing a young girl and is now in jail.
  9. We demand that the City of Seattle and the State Government release any prisoner currently serving time for a marijuana-related offense and expunge the related conviction.
  10. We demand the City of Seattle and State Government release any prisoner currently serving time just for resisting arrest if there are no other related charges, and that those convictions should also be expunged.
  11. We demand that prisoners currently serving time be given the full and unrestricted right to vote, and for Washington State to pass legislation specifically breaking from Federal law that prevents felons from being able to vote.
  12. We demand an end to prosecutorial immunity for police officers in the time between now and the dissolution of the SPD and extant justice system.
  13. We demand the abolition of imprisonment, generally speaking, but especially the abolition of both youth prisons and privately-owned, for-profit prisons.
  14. We demand in replacement of the current criminal justice system the creation of restorative/transformative accountability programs as a replacement for imprisonment.
  15. We demand autonomy be given to the people to create localized anti-crime systems.
  16. We demand that the Seattle Police Department, between now and the time of its abolition in the near future, empty its “lost and found” and return property owned by denizens of the city.
  17. We demand justice for those who have been sexually harassed or abused by the Seattle Police Department or prison guards in the state of Washington.
  18. We demand that between now and the abolition of the SPD that each and every SPD officer turn on their body cameras, and that the body camera video of all Seattle police should be a matter of easily accessible public record.
  19. We demand that the funding previously used for Seattle Police be redirected into: A) Socialized Health and Medicine for the City of Seattle. B) Free public housing, because housing is a right, not a privilege. C) Public education, to decrease the average class size in city schools and increase teacher salary. D) Naturalization services for immigrants to the United States living here undocumented. (We demand they be called “undocumented” because no person is illegal.) E) General community development. Parks, etc.
Seattle is a great example of the end result of ultra leftwing government by the state and city of Seattle. It is literally political correctness gone wild.

Seattle is a great example of the end result of ultra leftwing government by the state and city of Seattle. It is literally political correctness gone wild.
Leaders permitting the perfect environment for violence. Some opposing whack job extremist group can go right in and basically cause whatever kind of altercation they want.

In fairness to the public leadership (progressive gov't). I don't get their mindset/ideology, but they are not elected to raise our unruly offspring. Parents are the core issue while the end result is being witnessed on the streets of our cities.

This is anarchy not not utopia or certainly not democracy. Most of these clowns have prolly been stoned to the bejeezus for years. Slight nuances and difference but you're too stupid to understand. That said this is similar to the sort of thing that happens in 3rd world countries led by lying presidents such as Trump Baby. What did you Far Righties expect after 4 years of the bullshit from the White House?

This is anarchy not not utopia or certainly not democracy. Most of these clowns have prolly been stoned to the bejeezus for years. Slight nuances and difference but you're too stupid to understand. That said this is similar to the sort of thing that happens in 3rd world countries led by lying presidents such as Trump Baby. What did you Far Righties expect after 4 years of the bullshit from the White House?
Got it. Trump is the reason a bunch of spoiled Millennials have effectively pulled off of a coup in Seattle. God forbid personal accountability come into play. After all, the Man is keeping them down.

Got it. Trump is the reason a bunch of spoiled Millennials have effectively pulled off of a coup in Seattle. God forbid personal accountability come into play. After all, the Man is keeping them down.
He's always the reason. Governors, mayors, councilpersons - individuals in general - are exempt from all consequences of decision-making.

saw this on foxnews
seattle-protest-4-Getty-Images.jpg

Where do you think the motivation comes from? If you say "leadership" then you'd be correct and Trump Baby is the worst "leader" in this nation's history. You got exactly what you voted for. Besides, we have zero idea about any of the people involved. We don't know their ages, backgrounds, education, family history.... NOTHING. I doubt we even really understand their politics. However, per usual, folks like you assume and jump to conclusions and want pull out you're guns on the flimsiest excuse because... YOU FEEL THREATENED AND MOSTLY BECAUSE YOU'RE JUST PLAIN SCARED. Relax. Let it play out. Not everything calls for the 82nd Airborne. Besides, a little revolution is a good thing.

Where do you think the motivation comes from? If you say "leadership" then you'd be correct and Trump Baby is the worst "leader" in this nation's history. You got exactly what you voted for. Besides, we have zero idea about any of the people involved. We don't know their ages, backgrounds, education, family history.... NOTHING. I doubt we even really understand their politics. However, per usual, folks like you assume and jump to conclusions and want pull out you're guns on the flimsiest excuse because... YOU FEEL THREATENED AND MOSTLY BECAUSE YOU'RE JUST PLAIN SCARED. Relax. Let it play out. Not everything calls for the 82nd Airborne. Besides, a little revolution is a good thing.
'A little extortion is a good thing'

Reactions: George Hayduke
He's always the reason. Governors, mayors, councilpersons - individuals in general - are exempt from all consequences of decision-making.

You know and I know , the main reason is that the lib/dems have let political correctness take over their mindset and actions . This won't end well for them because the average person doesn't like violence in the streets and confrontation with law enforcement !

Sorry. Total disregard for the rule of law is not a good thing. The entire premise of the US government is that "we are a nation of laws, not of men".

You know and I know , the main reason is that the lib/dems have let political correctness take over their mindset and actions . This won't end well for them because the average person doesn't like violence in the streets and confrontation with law enforcement !
It is truly amazing that the mainstream media isn't covering this story at all, but it won't matter in the end. you can't hide the truth.

Yeah, I am not a supporter of Antifa. Not sure if you guys read any of my posts, but I am against extremism on both sides, and I do not support militant actions, both left and right. I am not for defunding the police. I do know that we have a problem with systemic racism in our country, and Police reform has to happen.
You have a right to your opinion but the problem we're seeing isn't racism. It is Burnout, which affects every form of public works from health to policing. Burnout is something that affects veteran staff that is simply too emotionally beat-down that they are going through the motions and unable to feel anything towards perceived drug seekers or hypochondriacs.

You have a right to your opinion but the problem we're seeing isn't racism. It is Burnout, which affects every form of public works from health to policing. Burnout is something that affects veteran staff that is simply too emotionally beat-down that they are going through the motions and unable to feel anything towards perceived drug seekers or hypochondriacs.

I'd say many LE suffer more from PTSD than burn out. They never know when danger is coming and their rules of engagement are under constant scrutiny.

I'd say many LE suffer more from PTSD than burn out. They never know when danger is coming and their rules of engagement are under constant scrutiny.
Well, I worked in homicide (forensic detective) and a deputy coroner. However, no matter how common it was to see this horrendous side of humanity, I never had it affect my job performance. I still have some PTSD from my US Coast Guard days where I witnessed children drowning or getting killed in boating accidents.

It is literally unimaginable to me that we are at a point where a terrorist organization can take over part of a major American city and foment violence and anarchy throughout the nation with no consequences whatsoever.

It's unimaginable to you, because it isn't happening. It's completely made up. It's social media BS designed to keep you guys ginned up and outraged. It's the updated version of the Muslims imposing Sharia law in Chattanooga. It's HS, and you guys buy it every time, because you want to buy it.

And are there people talking about secession? Probably. Liberal clowns that no one takes seriously except you guys. The only real "secessionists" in this conversation are Jeff Davis and Robert E. Lee.

Reactions: celticdawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT