ADVERTISEMENT

The offense and our coordinator — a curiosity

Coach sUGAr

National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2021
I figure I’d get this out of the way during the off week, as it’ll be time to lock in next week. I’ll go full disclosure and say I’m a fan of Mike Bobo and was really glad (and not surprised) when we hired him. There are simply not a lot of guys out there that do what we want to do. We’re one of the last pro style teams out there. I think it serves us well. I think there’s a reason the guys on Sundays run similar stuff. It’s also true that last Saturday was rough, but I’m also aware that I don’t know what I don’t know. But we can all agree it wasn’t our best performance.

But what I want to know from those that think our OC doesn’t know anything…who would you want? What offense do you see on Saturdays and you’re like, “I wish Georgia did that?” And please don’t say anything from the Heupel, Lane or Riley tree. We’ve seen what happens when they play a legit defense, and we’re not going to put our QB or our defense in harm’s way with QB runs or hurry up. I thought Monk was our best OC ever, and I like what Sark does a lot, but I don’t think they’re for hire.

We want to be pro-style, physical up front, run the ball, play action and air it out when needed. Who does that better than us? I am honestly asking out of curiosity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.