ADVERTISEMENT

The Wall - Perspective on Workers not Getting Paid

Maybe Trump was wrong. Does that mean we should not pay for it ourselves? We have to start somewhere. That is, if you are indeed for border security, as you seemed to assert in a gibberish sort of way. If you were not being truthful, OK. Trump was wrong and you lied. And, btw, what is your "vision" for border security? I would guess it involves pumping billions into jobs and education in El Salvador. Right?

You act like Trump was the first President to be wrong. Maybe he thought he could get Mexico to pay for it in some roundabout way, and he was wrong. Like your man Obama was never wrong about anything.

I also would guess you hate Trump because he is successful.
No- it would involve engaging the border agents and asking them exactly what they need. Walls, detection devices, drone tech, agents, scanning equipment, etc. build a budget around those needs and then go to congress for appropriation. Trumps approach is 100% political with the notion that he thinks he is in charge. Now that he has lost control of the house has the border become an emergency. Can’t you guys see the sham in his approach... the drama. So much for being a skilled negotiator. What has he done successfully? Do not say the economy- that’s complete bullshit. Coal plants shutting down at record pace- no surprise, exports down, trade deficit up, stock market down heavily over past year, attack against our troops today, raking forest floors, deficit skyrocketing due to ill conceived “tax break”,cozy to the Saudis and Russians, reversing climate change policy which has been adopted by the rest of the planet. These are not positive things.

Reactions: LrgK9
That is not what he said. Not even close. That may be his talking point now, but for years he rallied you guys with 100%. But you don’t care.
You're right, I don't care...and neither does anyone else. The vast majority want the damn thing built no matter who pays for it. and the Dems have painted themselves in a corner and are really starting to squirm. The longer this goes, the more they worry and the louder they shout their talking points. They don't show up to meetings to try and fix things. People are watching and they see them for what they are.
Finally we have a President that says he will do something and then does everything in his power to make that happen. No one in DC wants him to accomplish anything because it exposes how worthless THEY are. He doesn't bow to political pressure and watch polls to see what he should do. Polls are used by the losing team to put pressure on their adversary, but that doesn't work with Trump and it DRIVES THEM NUTS. Which we are enjoying to no end.
tenor.gif

You sound like someone that is totally clueless. If you have a key to anything then you think it is yours, like a car a house a boat. is all this international property. Because other people don't have these things. How many very poor people with all of our free welfare programs do you think your mother and father can pay for. I ask about your patents because it sounds like you can't possibly be pay taxes.
City of Atlanta. I know my taxes well.

1. Use apostrophes
2. I know walls work, they just don't work on private land and across canyons. This is something your boy has ignored, because he doesn't care.
3. Gen X
4. We don't have an illegal immigration problem at the border. The problem is visa overstays. If you want to focus on the problem then let's focus on the problem, not some made up boogeyman.
5. Yes, we love to keep them poor and needy. Talk to me about the war on drugs by the GOP and the real intent and effect it has had on minorities.
6. Love your play on the word Democrat. You are clever. Did you come up with that all by yourself?
1. I do
2. Sure they do, ever hear of Eminent domain
3. Still ignorant
4. Half million people come across the border from all sorts of nations. You're FOS
5. WTF does the war on drugs have to do with DemocRATS needing poor dependent people? I guess you aren't even going to attempt a defense.
6. Yes, I invented it. Many people all over the internet now use it. See what hard work and ingenuity can do for you? Well of course not, you're probably still holding out hope the Crazy Bernie becomes Prez and provides for you.

You're right, I don't care...and neither does anyone else. The vast majority want the damn thing built no matter who pays for it. and the Dems have painted themselves in a corner and are really starting to squirm. The longer this goes, the more they worry and the louder they shout their talking points. They don't show up to meetings to try and fix things. People are watching and they see them for what they are.
Finally we have a President that says he will do something and then does everything in his power to make that happen. No one in DC wants him to accomplish anything because it exposes how worthless THEY are. He doesn't bow to political pressure and watch polls to see what he should do. Polls are used by the losing team to put pressure on their adversary, but that doesn't work with Trump and it DRIVES THEM NUTS. Which we are enjoying to no end.
tenor.gif
agree to disagree. Let’s rengage when this is over and see who breaks first. One thing we can agree on- Go Dawgs, Gators suck.

No- it would involve engaging the border agents and asking them exactly what they need. Walls, detection devices, drone tech, agents, scanning equipment, etc. build a budget around those needs and then go to congress for appropriation. Trumps approach is 100% political with the notion that he thinks he is in charge. Now that he has lost control of the house has the border become an emergency. Can’t you guys see the sham in his approach... the drama. So much for being a skilled negotiator. What has he done successfully? Do not say the economy- that’s complete bullshit. Coal plants shutting down at record pace- no surprise, exports down, trade deficit up, stock market down heavily over past year, attack against our troops today, raking forest floors, deficit skyrocketing due to ill conceived “tax break”,cozy to the Saudis and Russians, reversing climate change policy which has been adopted by the rest of the planet. These are not positive things.
Some are positive, some aren't but most most of what you stated is inaccurate. When you move out and start paying taxes maybe you will see the light but not just yet. I weep for our country.

agree to disagree. Let’s rengage when this is over and see who breaks first. One thing we can agree on- Go Dawgs, Gators suck.
I can agree with that.

You do realize there is a bipartisan bill that Trump rejected. Where was the concern over the last 2 years? All the sudden it is a national emergency. If it is national emergency then why is he waiting? This would be like calling 911 and the police stopping for donuts on the way.

No it wasn't, it was a swamp bill. Its not just DemocRATS, its the swamp

1. I do
2. Sure they do, ever hear of Eminent domain
3. Still ignorant
4. Half million people come across the border from all sorts of nations. You're FOS
5. WTF does the war on drugs have to do with DemocRATS needing poor dependent people? I guess you aren't even going to attempt a defense.
6. Yes, I invented it. Many people all over the internet now use it. See what hard work and ingenuity can do for you? Well of course not, you're probably still holding out hope the Crazy Bernie becomes Prez and provides for you.
I’m sure Texas ranchers will love eminent domain.

You are a complete spin master here.
OYFS2Y.jpg

Who cares if it cost 10x
570$ out of 44k

Pay for the wall and put them back to work; no brainer as to who is causing the pain of the shutdown.
The president campaigned that he would have Mexico pay for the wal
OYFS2Y.jpg

Who cares if it cost 10x
570$ out of 44k

Pay for the wall and put them back to work; no brainer as to who is causing the pain of the shutdown.

Please get yourself educated. Trump campaigned on getting the wall paid for by Mexico. He said it was a done deal. Do you need video proof. Just google it. Now he says the American taxpayer should pay for it. That complete BS. There is no proof the wall would solve drug problems. Actually in the El Chapo hearing testimony by the cartel said drugs are not smuggled across the boarder where the wall would be. They come through port of entries, tunnels and by sea. Drugs are the main problem in my opinion. No real evidence it will stop illegal immigration either.

The reason 800,000 workers are not being paid is because Trump does not want to negotiate. It’s his way or the highway and that does not work in politics. Do you need to see the video of a Trump saying he would be proud to shut down the government?

Regardless of political affiliation.... the shutdown is utterly ridiculous and only hurts families that need their monthly income to live on.

Please get yourself educated. Trump campaigned on getting the wall paid for by Mexico. He said it was a done deal. Do you need video proof. Just google it. Now he says the American taxpayer should pay for it. That complete BS. There is no proof the wall would solve drug problems. Actually in the El Chapo hearing testimony by the cartel said drugs are not smuggled across the boarder where the wall would be. They come through port of entries, tunnels and by sea. Drugs are the main problem in my opinion. No real evidence it will stop illegal immigration either.

The reason 800,000 workers are not being paid is because Trump does not want to negotiate. It’s his way or the highway and that does not work in politics. Do you need to see the video of a Trump saying he would be proud to shut down the government?

Regardless of political affiliation.... the shutdown is utterly ridiculous and only hurts families that need their monthly income to live on.
You were so close Nancy. You almost got all the talking points in on one post. You forgot to tell us about visa overstays. Just because doing one thing doesn't solve the entire problem, doesn't mean you declare it a waste of time and money and let the problem continue.
The most heartless and immoral thing that everyone ignores are the people given false hope and encouraged to make this dangerous trip to sneak into another country. Women raped, children molested, people dying. Giving their life savings to coyotes and paying off the cartels for passage. I lived in TX for many years and this was a daily story on the news. It's not a figment of our imagination, it happens every day.
In addition, these people depress wages and take jobs from the most vulnerable in our society. Those who struggle making $8/ hour suddenly find themselves unemployed because someone else will work for $5/hour. Yes, employers should be held accountable and this would also reduce illegal immigration. But the swamp wants cheap labor and that is both sides of the isle. Luckily many on the Republican side didn't run for reelection and were replaced with more honest people.

OYFS2Y.jpg

Who cares if it cost 10x
570$ out of 44k

and supposedly the government has already lost close to $3billuin because of being shut down. I ask why does Nancy and chuck keep crying to open the govt so they can work on their (dems) deal... with by all of a sudden do they not hunk they can get a deal. The giver was open open most of the time for the kast10 yrs.

You were so close Nancy. You almost got all the talking points in on one post. You forgot to tell us about visa overstays. Just because doing one thing doesn't solve the entire problem, doesn't mean you declare it a waste of time and money and let the problem continue.
The most heartless and immoral thing that everyone ignores are the people given false hope and encouraged to make this dangerous trip to sneak into another country. Women raped, children molested, people dying. Giving their life savings to coyotes and paying off the cartels for passage. I lived in TX for many years and this was a daily story on the news. It's not a figment of our imagination, it happens every day.
In addition, these people depress wages and take jobs from the most vulnerable in our society. Those who struggle making $8/ hour suddenly find themselves unemployed because someone else will work for $5/hour. Yes, employers should be held accountable and this would also reduce illegal immigration. But the swamp wants cheap labor and that is both sides of the isle. Luckily many on the Republican side didn't run for reelection and were replaced with more honest people.
I like the part where the drug cartel said under oath, "No, no senor, we no breeng them in over there. We breeng them in through the New Hampshire, si, si the New Hampshire."

Never heard trump say the taxpayer should pay for it...he said Mexico would pay and said use some of the $ he saved the country by redoing the stupid ass nafta deal that was like giving Mexico $ 200 billion year...I agree the shutdown is rediculous, but u are dead wrong if u think it’s only trump that wants their way in a negotiation.

Amazing how so many say open the govt so a deal can be worked on, yet for the last 10 yrs and longer no deal has stopped the illegal immigration, illegal drugs, the sex trafficking, the gangs and the destruction and billions upon billions of $ this has caused to the American taxpayers and citizens.

Trump won the presidency on talking up a wall to help with the destruction from illegal immigration and yes they need dem votes instead of the Nancy’s offer of a dollar. She/dims would rather lose billions to just keep trump from getting a wall/barrier that should be built...a wall would help (nobody says that’s the only thing we need to stop the illegal chaos and waste of $ , but snow flakes would rather have open borders...same ole s/(&t.

I will say Nancy is all politician and will probably get her way as the republicans (pathetic getting their msg across to the open border/ snow flakes that will be 1st to scream when it’s too late) do not have the 60 votes and the dims aren’t helping with 1.

Last edited:
We found ourselves a Planned Parenthood supporter!

Planned Parenthood just aother term for black genocide. Wonder why the Dems are so “hyped up” on being sure a disproportionate number of black babies are aborted each year? Sounds like a racist tactic to me. Sad that black leaders continue to let the feminazis in the Democratic Party push an agenda that kills so many of their own every year.

Last edited:
Not really a game worth paying for. Free tickets would be a wise move. Fiscally conservative is what I think you guys call it.

dependent clause, comma works here.

You may have a wonderful liberal arts degree but all that makes you is an educated fool... It is a crisis when thousands of ILLEGALS enter the USA and begin receiving taxpayer funded benefits. ($16,000 each) You should also stop listening to cnn or MSNBC and get some facts on all the crimes committed by ILLEGALS. There are many other problems with having open borders in todays world.

Try growing up and getting your facts straight. Your dimwit talking points are complete and total delusional ignorant and without foundation in real facts.

It’s the principal, not the money. If it was about spending money we would stop wasting billions on the military which at this point are government handouts to corporations.

Trump and his bluster has created a narrative of fear without any real basis. Mind you, the wall wasn’t so important when the GOP controlled the entire Government. He knows this is a polarizing issue and is using it for what he thinks is political gain. Time will tell.

The other thing is that Mexico was supposed to pay for it- remember? The Dems are using that against him politically, it’s just how it works.

Now let’s take a look, there was a bipartisan bill passed that Trump has rejected. He could end this immediately and still have border security.

He is a boob and heinous man of epic proportions- regardless of your position on either side of the aisle.
Wow, are you really that clueless or are you trying extra hard?Its not fear, it’s called facts, just yesterday a 30 yr old ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT was arrested for sexually molesting an 11year old. So I take it that it’s just part of the plan and you’re ok with crimes against American citizens, (women and children at that) by illegal immigrants. The fear mongering is done by the worthless Dems who Claim these federal workers are starving by missing thier first pay check last Friday. If they can not budget for the absence of a few checks they need to learn to cut their spending. Don’t let facts get in the way of a good ignorant rant though.

We are not against a wall. We are against Trump's vision of border security. His wall unfounded and based on a despicable fear mongering of immigrants. Your statement alone demonstrates your lack of education and historical comprehension. You actually believe that being born here means you are American. In fact, you and your entire family are immigrants along with the rest of us. You just happened to get here sooner and in fact in a more deadly manner.

Trumps vision of the wall is bullshit. He has no plan for border security and frankly he doesn't give a shit. We all know it. If you don't know it then you are dumber than rocks... my apologies to the rocks. The border is complicated and a more comprehensive solution is required as stated by the border experts. Are there areas that need wall/ fencing? sure. But Trumps vision- no way. Especially not in the political "I'm the sole winner" mentality. Besides- the problems we have are not at the open borders its the illegal crossings and tunnels under the damn wall. Open your eyes and ears and use the brain.
Within this long rant of attempts at insults, there were very few facts and little rationale for why a wall is immoral.

Let’s start: “his wall is unfounded and based on a despicable fear mongering of immigrants.” Let’s begin by making something clear - the people who the wall would prevent from coming into this country are not immigrants. My grandparents were immigrants. Walls do not prevent everyone from getting into the country. It simply helps ensure that those who do come in are known about and welcomed. 2 people come into your house. One knocks at the front door. The other crawls through the window. Which should you be more concerned about? Is it really so far fetched to believe that all of those who sneak into the country are not doing so with the best of intentions? If not, let’s do everything we can to help prevent that from happening. Which includes, but is not limited to, a wall. Not just in Trumps vision, but in the vision of nearly all politicians before he came along - including those most vocally opposing a wall now. Even you said “the problem is the illegal crossings through tunnels”. So even you admit illegal crossings are a problem. The notion that the only way people come in is through tunnels is naive - which is surprising since you have the attitude of such an expert on the subject... Besides, even if what you say is true and they have only ever come in through tunnels that would be the equivalent of saying “every house in my neighborhood that has been burglarized they have come in through the windows. Therefore, I am not going to bother with locking my front door.”

“You actually think being born here makes you American.” Well... yeah. Yeah, because that does make you American. “Americans” came to this country in the same way the people’s of most every other country did. It just happened more recently. I would venture to bet that a large amount of Mexican people have Spanish ancestors, Puerto Rican’s for the most part have Spanish, Taino, and African ancestors, Canadians have French, British, Nordic, and other ancestors. For a history lesson - in the beginning there weren’t just a bunch of countries as they are now and then some of them all came and killed Native Americans and blended here in America. People have migrated and blended throughout time. Sometimes takeovers of land were hostile, sometimes not. (More often they were).

“The border is complicated and a more comprehensive solution is required as stated by the border experts”. You’re correct. The funding being asked for also includes a lot more money for other aspects of border security besides the wall. The wall which is recommended by border experts and has been shown to work where used. Just because the part being debated is the wall doesn’t mean that is all that is being planned. But surely you knew that...

Since you are so against “Trumps vision” though, what exactly is it that you think that is? Let me guess - the Great Wall of China? Huge brick barrier with no gates? Wake up man...

Within this long rant of attempts at insults, there were very few facts and little rationale for why a wall is immoral.

Let’s start: “his wall is unfounded and based on a despicable fear mongering of immigrants.” Let’s begin by making something clear - the people who the wall would prevent from coming into this country are not immigrants. My grandparents were immigrants. Walls do not prevent everyone from getting into the country. It simply helps ensure that those who do come in are known about and welcomed. 2 people come into your house. One knocks at the front door. The other crawls through the window. Which should you be more concerned about? Is it really so far fetched to believe that all of those who sneak into the country are not doing so with the best of intentions? If not, let’s do everything we can to help prevent that from happening. Which includes, but is not limited to, a wall. Not just in Trumps vision, but in the vision of nearly all politicians before he came along - including those most vocally opposing a wall now. Even you said “the problem is the illegal crossings through tunnels”. So even you admit illegal crossings are a problem. The notion that the only way people come in is through tunnels is naive - which is surprising since you have the attitude of such an expert on the subject... Besides, even if what you say is true and they have only ever come in through tunnels that would be the equivalent of saying “every house in my neighborhood that has been burglarized they have come in through the windows. Therefore, I am not going to bother with locking my front door.”

“You actually think being born here makes you American.” Well... yeah. Yeah, because that does make you American. “Americans” came to this country in the same way the people’s of most every other country did. It just happened more recently. I would venture to bet that a large amount of Mexican people have Spanish ancestors, Puerto Rican’s for the most part have Spanish, Taino, and African ancestors, Canadians have French, British, Nordic, and other ancestors. For a history lesson - in the beginning there weren’t just a bunch of countries as they are now and then some of them all came and killed Native Americans and blended here in America. People have migrated and blended throughout time. Sometimes takeovers of land were hostile, sometimes not. (More often they were).

“The border is complicated and a more comprehensive solution is required as stated by the border experts”. You’re correct. The funding being asked for also includes a lot more money for other aspects of border security besides the wall. The wall which is recommended by border experts and has been shown to work where used. Just because the part being debated is the wall doesn’t mean that is all that is being planned. But surely you knew that...

Since you are so against “Trumps vision” though, what exactly is it that you think that is? Let me guess - the Great Wall of China? Huge brick barrier with no gates? Wake up man...
What a great post. Libs’ arguments against this measly $5B are deceitful. They are liars, perpetuating an agenda they will not publicly define. But you can be assured it has been defined in private meetings. Again, great post.

So the person who stated publicly that she wouldn’t vote $1 to build the wall wants to negotiate? Heck, she was in Hawaii last week and was headed to Afghanistan among other places until Trump took the military plane away and said she needed to stay in DC to negotiate. LOL....you need to sell your BS elsewhere. If you don’t think hundreds of thousands of poor uneducated illegals flooding into the country isn’t a long term problem you aren’t thinking logically. Funny now that teachers in LA are striking in part because of wanting smaller class sizes. Sorta hard when the entire state has been declared a “sanctuary” for illegals. FWIW, it’s funny the Dems and folks like yourself are so worried about Federal workers missing a payday, when little sympathy was shown to all of those millions who permanently lost their jobs and even gave up looking for a job when Barry Sotero was President.

It’s the principal, not the money. If it was about spending money we would stop wasting billions on the military which at this point are government handouts to corporations.

Trump and his bluster has created a narrative of fear without any real basis. Mind you, the wall wasn’t so important when the GOP controlled the entire Government. He knows this is a polarizing issue and is using it for what he thinks is political gain. Time will tell.

The other thing is that Mexico was supposed to pay for it- remember? The Dems are using that against him politically, it’s just how it works.

Now let’s take a look, there was a bipartisan bill passed that Trump has rejected. He could end this immediately and still have border security.

He is a boob and heinous man of epic proportions- regardless of your position on either side of the aisle.

I am not sure what you just said.

My question is, do you believe we should have open borders?

If you don't, how do we control the borders out of Central America?

If you do, why?

Outstanding post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT