ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Note Thoughts from practice..

theboyracer45

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2011
First, let me say kudos to Kirby and CCC for setting this up. Was an awesome event that gave incredible access to the program that usually isn’t available. Also, shout out to @HHolland92 and @Green Timber for accompanying me.

- It was HOT out there today but the energy on the field was high the whole time. Just the organization of the practice is something to behold
- QB: Beck looked exactly like you expect he would. Had a few lasers but also hit his check downs when needed.. Rashada and Puglisi really impressed me with their arms. I think the battle for QB next year is going to be interesting
RB: Etienne just glides when he runs. Very little wasted movement. RodRob is a monster who has stopped tip toeing as much. Frazier has a second gear that we haven’t seen in a Athens in a while.. But the big story here is Branson. He looks REALLY good. There is no doubt in my mind he is going to make an impact this year (he got second team reps most of the day)
WR: Lovett is going to catch 60+ balls. They line him up everywhere. Bobo spent a lot of time 1 on 1 with Arian; they are clearly invested in him. Colbie is as advertised. The guy who impressed me the most was Ant Evans though. Very reminiscent of Isaiah McKenzie..
TE: Delp looks really good both catching and blocking. I think not playing next to Bowers is actually going to help him (just in the sense of not feeling like he has to be in the GOATs shadow)
OL: I’ll be shocked if there is a better OL in America. They are 7 deep with legit NFL talent. Btw, I think Freeling starts sooner than later but Truss looks different with his reshaped body. Something interesting on 2nd team OL; Hughley at LT, Easley LG, Calhoun RG. Lots of young talent.
DL: This was by far and away the most exciting part of the day. We look DIFFERENT up front than we did last year.. Now I’m not saying we have a JC88 or JD99 talent but there is some major talent here. Miller, TID, McCleod and JJA (even at 17 years old) all flashed with quickness and play making in the backfield.
OLB: Mykel is in line for a major season. I talked to him afterward and he knows this is his ‘money’ year. Damon Wilson looks different (literally).. He was wearing #88 for some reason today and it took me about 30 minutes to even realize it was him. He has bulked up quite a bit. Incredibly impressive on the hoof. Something to file away but Jalon Walker lined up at OLB quite a bit..
ILB: CJ Allen and Raylen Wilson. There honestly isn’t much to say. These two are just freaky. Hard to believe we have them both 2 more years. And just as exciting is the Chris Cole and Justin Williams combo waiting to replace them..
CB: Everette is clearly the leader in the Corner room. Looks much more confident. Harris and Humphrey both looked good opposite him. Ellis had a crazy INT.. I know he is a little small but don’t know how long they will be able to keep him off the field
Safety: Malaki is almost underappreciated. Seems like a dream to coach. Always in the right place and always plays hard. Enjoy him this year while you can. I thought Dan Jackson looked improved. He is lighter for sure. But idk how long he will be able to hold off KJ… LOVED how he looked today

Sorry, I know that was a lot but just wanted to share what all I saw in my 2+ hours out there today!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.