ADVERTISEMENT

To hayull with New York, and if this passes...

Seems like it would be illegal. I don’t see how it will hold up in court. Liberal overreach imo.

NY knew the deal when Chic Fil A built their restaurants there.

Last edited:
Reactions: deadduckdawg
I don't see why this is unreasonable as it only affects restaurants at NY rest stops. If a private entity is going to use state resources (placement at a rest stop), then you gotta play by the state's rules.

“While there is nothing objectionable about a fast food restaurant closing on a particular day of the week, service areas dedicated to travelers is an inappropriate location for such a restaurant ... Allowing for retail space to go unused one seventh of the week or more is a disservice and unnecessary inconvenience to travelers who rely on these service areas.”

Makes sense to me.

This makes no sense except that the government wants to interfere and control everyone's lives and businesses. Hope Chic Fil A tells them to take a walk.
Banjo

Reactions: poochpup
This makes no sense except that the government wants to interfere and control everyone's lives and businesses. Hope Chic Fil A tells them to take a walk.
Banjo
I don’t see how they can tell a business privately owned when that have to be open or closed. They knew that they were closed on Sunday when the state let them build the bldg and open the business, they wanted their money then. This is supposed to be a free country but these liberals are trying to tell us what we can and can’t do. That is not freedom

I don’t see how they can tell a business privately owned when that have to be open or closed. They knew that they were closed on Sunday when the state let them build the bldg and open the business, they wanted their money then. This is supposed to be a free country but these liberals are trying to tell us what we can and can’t do. That is not freedom
Its on state property. That why they can make these stipulations. Nothing more...nothing less.

I don't see why this is unreasonable as it only affects restaurants at NY rest stops. If a private entity is going to use state resources (placement at a rest stop), then you gotta play by the state's rules.

“While there is nothing objectionable about a fast food restaurant closing on a particular day of the week, service areas dedicated to travelers is an inappropriate location for such a restaurant ... Allowing for retail space to go unused one seventh of the week or more is a disservice and unnecessary inconvenience to travelers who rely on these service areas.”

Makes sense to me.
I'd want to know what the leases say before commenting.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
They can't and they sure can't pass a law that materially affects contracts already in place.

Makes sense to me.
so what about those restaurants that open for breakfast only. Or weekends only. How about those truckstop restaurants that close at different times of the day. Or restaurants that are open only Tue-Sat. There are 1000s that do that. This is a political ploy to control Chic-Fil-A. Although Chic-Fil-A is NOT the conservative restaurant it used to be.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT