ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Top 3 Grateful Dead Songs

The shows Bruce played along side Vince are great. The rest of the Vince shows, you can have.

Scarlet
Friend of the Devil
Franklin’s

Honorable Mention: Man Smart, Woman Smarter

Underrated: Shakedown Street

Ripple
Friend of the Devil
Uncle John’s Band

at least that’s my answer today...

Reactions: helafono
Body and Soul
Althea

Maybe of interest and something a little different..... Garcia started a progressive bluegrass group called Old and In the Way in 1973..... Garcia banjo, Vasser Clement fiddle, Peter Rowan guitar, David Grisman mandolin, John Kahn bass, here is an example: Wild horses...

Ripple will be played at my funeral

Sadly, my best friend from my youth committed suicide a few years ago. They played Ripple at his funeral so it has a special place in my heart.

Ripple
Sugar Magnolia
Franklin’s Tower.

• Sad
Reactions: Red Door 16
#1 Estimated Prophet
#2 Friend of the Devil
#3 St. Stephen

I just love the guitar and the rhythm in EP

Althea
China Cat Sunflower
Throwing Stones. Ashes Ashes All Fall Down

Last edited:
Reactions: AgentMuschamp
Gotta be honest, never got The Dead. Don't like a single one of their songs. There, I said it.

Now, if you have 1 song I should listen to that will change my mind, let's hear it. Give me any crap about this, we throwing hands at the BP.

Me and My Uncle
Brown Eyed Women
Franklin’s Tower

Sugaree is the only song that never moves in my “top list.” The version on To Terrapin album is GOAT.

For today 2 and 3 would be Bertha and Althea.

Reactions: HarryDawg'95
I mean, really, a Top 3? Can not be done. I would be simply "posing for the camera" if I plucked three names out of the air and put them down. Even with thought, I would be changing my mind constantly as the songs register with me as my own life evolves and changes. Hell, even day to day, a song may register with me differently. But, I am glad to see others put some down.

I would have to state, Terrapin, So Many Roads and Althea/Wharf Rat all register deep for me. But, so many more I can cite.

"Let there be songs
to fill the air"

Last edited:
No love for Brown Eyed Women?
2) Cumberland Blues
3) Franklin's Tower

And it's not even close (just added that for a Vent touch)

I mean, really, a Top 3? Can not be done. I would be simply "posing for the camera" if I plucked three names out of the air and put them down. Even with thought, I would be changing my mind constantly as the songs register with me as my own life evolves and changes. Hell, even day to day, a song may register with me differently.
But, I am glad to see others put some down.

I would have to state Terrapin, So Many Roads and Althea/Wharf Rat all register deep for me. But, so many more I can cite.

"Let there be songs
to fill the air"

Exactly . That’s what makes the dead. Today is a he’s gone , when I paint my masterpiece type of day

Reactions: mtbulldawg
Making Bobby proud
1. Playing in the Band
2. Jack Straw
3. Estimated Prophet

honorable mention- Bird Song ( A Hunter / Garcia classic )
You forgot The Other One = which i always thought was a little nod to how Bobby felt as compared to or with Jerry

No offense Sir, but this answer should eliminate you from this discussion
Why? Because it is popular? You like what you like. It is a badass song. The “you aren’t authentic enough for me” BS exposes you a lot more than it does the guy who just likes the damned song.

3. Uncle johns band
2. Jack straw
1. St Stephen

Runner up: playing in the band

Again, just an FYI, my license plate here in NC...

Simply representin'...:)
My shifter on my 87 landcruiser
image-jpg.1126409

Reactions: mtbulldawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT