ADVERTISEMENT

Trans adults should be banned from school property immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wasn't a shot.

As I recall you are GenX, and with these youngs today, if you are over 35 you might as well be father time himself (as I myself have been told).

I actually think THAT is the biggest issue with our failure of communication in this country.

Young people have little interest and no idea how to talk to anyone not exactly their age.
Didn’t think it was a shot, just didn’t know what your definition of older is/was…….or why you even thought it, because I’ve certainly never said on here.

Nonetheless……IZ younger than Pug, but older than Tulsa.

Regardless, I won’t be showering with any “trans” anytime soon, or changing in locker room, peeing together etc……won’t judge those that do, their business…..but I certainly don’t want to see it.

Reactions: nice marmot
Just because it's effective politics doesn't mean the issue is being presented honestly.

Republicans have proven that over and over and over. Hence, more power to them.

Well, both parties have. The Democrats STILL pretend that every Republican hates minorities and women and wants to bring back slavery, and their voter base eats it up.

But my point was regarding the fact that certain liberals see these "culture issues" as fraudulent, when many are not. Many parents also see these problems, hence the shocking conservative flips I mentioned in my previous post.

Trannies are mentally ill folks!! They should be treated as such! They don’t need to be treated as hero’s! I’m pretty sure no one on here would think the same of a 40 year old dude dressing up as Superman and attempting to fly to work everyday! What’s the damn difference! Both have mental issues!!
I can’t wait to here someone try and explain this one …lol

Reactions: sallen4250
That wasn't a shot.

As I recall you are GenX, and with these youngs today, if you are over 35 you might as well be father time himself (as I myself have been told).

I actually think THAT is the biggest issue with our failure of communication in this country.

Young people have little interest and no idea how to talk to anyone not exactly their age.
Damn, I actually partially agree with something you wrote here

Just because it's effective politics doesn't mean the issue is being presented honestly.

Kinda like Obama Care and the way it was presented to the American people?

”If you like your Dr, you can keep your Dr, period”

”If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan, period” Barack Insane OIdiot

what a bunch of bullshi+

Reactions: Dawgfan1966
You’re afraid to pee next to a trans person? You also afraid of cooties?
No, just the thought of it is nauseating. You want to pee & hold hands next to them, knock yourself out….DGAS.

Locker rooms??…..shower with them and swap spit, knock yourself out……DGAS.

“Cooties”??……..if your not afraid of’em, more power to you. Roll in them, eat them, hang around those that have them…..knock yourself out, DGAS.

All your bidness, better U than me:

Last edited:
We should hire retired military to be at schools with weapons. These men would not hesitate to engage and would save many lives in shooting event imo.
I have always thought hiring retired military officers as principals/assistant principals and retired enlisted soldiers as custodial and grounds keeping staff would be a positive step. In this shooting as well as Sandy hook, I think if a trained school employee armed with a rifle had been the first one to confront the shooter instead of an untrained staffer with no weapon, lives would have been saved.

People have to keep in mind, individuals who are willing to do these types of crimes know odds are this is a "one way trip". So armed teachers don't really provide any deterrence to these crimes. At best you're hoping one of the armed teachers is good enough to stop the active shooter before they kill "too many" kids. That's not an acceptable COA in my opinion. Maybe in conjunction with other measures but definition should not be the only measure that needs to be put into place. We need measures that attack these crimes "left of boom" or before they happen not afterwards.

The sad part is that in many of these situations, LE is aware of and in some cases already confronted the perps left of boom but either aren't willing or able to do much more than write a report. So, absent of being able to act on info acquired left of boom, I would think having a security detail made up of school personnel with the skills to defend the school is simply common sense. I mean, we've seen over and over what 1 nut case can do in a gun free zone. Can you imagine what a small group of terrorist could do if they decided to attack a school?

I have always thought hiring retired military officers as principals/assistant principals and retired enlisted soldiers as custodial and grounds keeping staff would be a positive step. In this shooting as well as Sandy hook, I think if a trained school employee armed with a rifle had been the first one to confront the shooter instead of an untrained staffer with no weapon, lives would have been saved.
I thoroughly believe that. There is a reason why bank robberies are down and school shootings are up. Cowards seek the road of least resistance.

BS. The problem is not every thing in the world but guns. The problem is assault weapons and the failure of lawmakers to pass commmon sense gun laws. Not taking guns from hunters, etc, but just common sense things like closing loopholes and banning assault rifles. No one needs an automatic weapon to shoot a deer. We should value life, especially the lives of our children, vs. excessive gun rights.

What an ignorant post. You don’t even know what an “assault weapon” is. An automatic gun hasn’t been used in the course of one of these crimes in history.

The tranny could have killed just as many people with a common bolt action rifle as it did with the keltec sub 2k

You do know that what was used by this deranged person didn’t you? Keltec sub 2k. It’s a cheap, mostly plastic foldable POS pistol caliber carbine gun. It shoots 9mm, not 5.56 like your “assault rifle”, as you call it.

The problem is mental illness, not guns. Anything can be used in place of a gun, cars, screwdrivers, homemade explosives, common chemicals and you can’t ban everything dear.

1) if a teacher is coming face to face with a shooter….they already have the drop on you, going for your weapon pretty much insures your fate.
Not arguing that some people have no business owning a gun for any reason and your daughter may very well be one of those folks. And yes, it's true that in many situations having a gun and being unable to pull the trigger is more dangerous than not. OTOH, if I'm instructing teachers to lock down in a room and hide, I'd want as many of those teachers as possible to have a firearm available and be trained to shoot if an active shooter found access to the hiding spot. In that case, the teacher with a gun the attacker doesn't know about has flipped the scenario and has the drop.

4) Some just don’t have the mental makeup for all of this. Pretty sure you just make the problem worse.

Not sure how you make a situation where an armed attacker shooting anyone they find worse. I don't think anyone is suggesting that you pass out firearms at the door to every teacher but I think training a security force made up of college educated personnel on how to respond from the first second until the cops arrive and enter the building would be fairly simple stuff.

You mean the media hasn’t been fair to CRT? Oh wow, I thought the media was all good.

30 Seconds of reading is all it takes to see that CRTis an instrument of the left, developed around the idea of Marxism to further divide a population and promote hate towards people based on race.

No, just the thought of it is nauseating. You want to pee & hold hands next to them, knock yourself out….DGAS.

Locker rooms??…..shower with them and swap spit, knock yourself out……DGAS.

“Cooties”??……..if your not afraid of’em, more power to you. Roll in them, eat them, hang around those that have them…..knock yourself out, DGAS.

All your bidness, better U than me:

I don't think anyone is scared of trannys' but they are not anyone I would want near me in a restroom, however, I would tolerate it to keep them away from my daughter and spouse.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Not arguing that some people have no business owning a gun for any reason and your daughter may very well be one of those folks. And yes, it's true that in many situations having a gun and being unable to pull the trigger is more dangerous than not. OTOH, if I'm instructing teachers to lock down in a room and hide, I'd want as many of those teachers as possible to have a firearm available and be trained to shoot if an active shooter found access to the hiding spot. In that case, the teacher with a gun the attacker doesn't know about has flipped the scenario and has the drop.

Not sure how you make a situation where an armed attacker shooting anyone they find worse. I don't think anyone is suggesting that you pass out firearms at the door to every teacher but I think training a security force made up of college educated personnel on how to respond from the first second until the cops arrive and enter the building would be fairly simple stuff.
understand the argument......but if you allow 1 teacher to carry, you open it up for all. Also, being trained versus being trained and experienced are two completely different things. You open up a can of worms that wouldn't want to do.

I certainly would not want to send my kid to a school like that ......as I would think most wouldn't. The best solution to me is to hire armed retired police officers or law enforcement.

again, imo...all the reasons why (below), they all tie in together:

1) if a teacher is coming face to face with a shooter….they already have the drop on you, going for your weapon pretty much insures your fate. I like the odds of someone talking them down better.

2) Crossfire is another consideration, additional innocents possibly being wounded or even worse….killed, if teachers armed.

3) some teachers that are armed, don’t have the experience as a trained retired police officer may have.

They may mistake an innocent person for a shooter and fire….shat happens. Innocents other than intended victim could be also be killed/injured.

4) Some just don’t have the mental makeup for all of this. Pretty sure you just make the problem worse.

As I earlier stated, if you start allowing teachers to arm …..what’s next, students??

No feasible solution will completely stop it, but I think teachers being armed will make it worse.

Again as stated before:

1) Lock all doors/entrances including classroom when school is in.

2) Hire armed security at the main entrance and possibly hallways.

Nothing is guaranteed, but it will curb most of it of it imo.

We should hire retired military to be at schools with weapons. These men would not hesitate to engage and would save many lives in shooting event imo.
nobody would even attempt a school shooting if we had these men there. Simple solution.

Reactions: khonelson
I thoroughly believe that. There is a reason why bank robberies are down and school shootings are up. Cowards seek the road of least resistance.
It has nothing to do with guns why bank robberies are down...dye packs, bait money, security cameras...armed guards at banks are few and far between because they are expensive, and they make the situation more likely to end in violence.

...retired enlisted soldiers as custodial and grounds keeping staff would be a positive step.
You're not going to find nearly as many retired or former military to do this type of work that would be required.

You're correct. I don't believe that Dirty Hairy is meaning to insult those that spend 20+ years enlisted. But, a 40 year old w/ an active TS Clearance, multiple degrees, & a documented history of leading others is not likely to find themselves scrubbing toilets or mowing grass. If anybody thinks that's the exception, rather than the rule, I'd recommend researching the professional core of the US Military...they're abundantly qualified for far-more than what they are being given 'credit' for in this thread.

Here’s another idea....... let’s make these positions lucrative enough that it will attract retired military/Leo , guys who will make a difference, pay them well so we aren’t turning this into a community service situation, and much of these problems go away.

You're correct. I don't believe that Dirty Hairy is meaning to insult those that spend 20+ years enlisted. But, a 40 year old w/ an active TS Clearance, multiple degrees, & a documented history of leading others is not likely to find themselves scrubbing toilets or mowing grass. If anybody thinks that's the exception, rather than the rule, I'd recommend researching the professional core of the US Military...they're abundantly qualified for far-more than what they are being given 'credit' for in this thread.
Oh I know DH wasn't being insulting but I hear this line about retired military pulling security at schools and laugh every time I hear it. It's not a serious solution for the reasons you stated but there's also another...for many (overwhelming majority) of us we've spent 20+ years doing crappy jobs in the name of "country and service" and simply don't want to any more. I just tire of hearing this expectation that vets are going to want to just continually sacrifice

Good point and I have the utmost respect for those that serve in any capacity. And you are probably right that those that would take these jobs would be an exception but I'm all for incentivizing these jobs in order to get as many takers as possible.

For example, my BIL is a 30 yr AF retiree enlisted man that got his degree while serving. He took a 40 K per yr after retirement in education because of benes, low stress and he could live where he wanted. My nephew is retired on disability from the Army where he was a Ranger and due to the rules can't work. He's still ambulatory and would jump at a chance to be a school security "janitor". I don't think it would solve all the problems but I do think it would be a good start to begin targeting people with defensive skills when possible.

Oh I know DH wasn't being insulting but I hear this line about retired military pulling security at schools and laugh every time I hear it. It's not a serious solution for the reasons you stated but there's also another...for many (overwhelming majority) of us we've spent 20+ years doing crappy jobs in the name of "country and service" and simply don't want to any more. I just tire of hearing this expectation that vets are going to want to just continually sacrifice
Especially when they are in their prime-earning potential years. Military retirement is a nice benefit. But, 50-60% of base pay is not a lot, even at the senior enlisted ranks.

You're not going to find nearly as many retired or former military to do this type of work that would be required.

Probably right. I’m around a lot of retirees/former military folks and the ones I’d want at a school, probably will not be available in sufficient numbers. Plus, not everyone that was in the military saw combat and is proficient with firearms. One of my friends worked more as a logistics role and I wouldn’t want him protecting a school. No knock on him, just not suited for it. I know plenty that would be great at it, but as moose said, probably not going to lure them away from what they’re doing.

Good point and I have the utmost respect for those that serve in any capacity. And you are probably right that those that would take these jobs would be an exception but I'm all for incentivizing these jobs in order to get as many takers as possible.

For example, my BIL is a 30 yr AF retiree enlisted man that got his degree while serving. He took a 40 K per yr after retirement in education because of benes, low stress and he could live where he wanted. My nephew is retired on disability from the Army where he was a Ranger and due to the rules can't work. He's still ambulatory and would jump at a chance to be a school security "janitor". I don't think it would solve all the problems but I do think it would be a good start to begin targeting people with defensive skills when possible.
Outside of some especially sweet tax benefits (I'm talking approaching what 100% military disability looks like in some states regarding property tax, free college tuition for kids, etc.), I think you'd have to pay more than is affordable to get a sufficient number of retirees interested.

Plus, there is no guarantee that those that sign up ever handled a weapon on a routine basis...and this goes for all services.

Here’s another idea....... let’s make these positions lucrative enough that it will attract retired military/Leo , guys who will make a difference, pay them well so we aren’t turning this into a community service situation, and much of these problems go away.
Look I'm not against extra security but that is going to cost money. Think about it like this: Security Guard (SG) Pay 1 X $50K; 4 (SG) per school (minimum) for rest and rotation; Department of Education estimates 5.6 schools per school district in America. That's an additional $1.12M per school district in America per year. In the state of Ga there are 181 school districts so you're talking about a total of $202M just for additional security yearly. Again not against it but people need to realize what's do able and what's not.

The sad part is that in many of these situations, LE is aware of and in some cases already confronted the perps left of boom but either aren't willing or able to do much more than write a report. So, absent of being able to act on info acquired left of boom, I would think having a security detail made up of school personnel with the skills to defend the school is simply common sense. I mean, we've seen over and over what 1 nut case can do in a gun free zone. Can you imagine what a small group of terrorist could do if they decided to attack a school?
I get it I really do but the additional security idea is just not feasible from a workforce standpoint and financial standpoint. That's why I've been saying for years we've got to take more aggressive measures "left of boom" that balance the necessity to address the issue of school shootings against that of limiting certain individuals ability to possess a firearm.

I get it I really do but the additional security idea is just not feasible from a workforce standpoint and financial standpoint. That's why I've been saying for years we've got to take more aggressive measures "left of boom" that balance the necessity to address the issue of school shootings against that of limiting certain individuals ability to possess a firearm.
I believe you can deter & ultimately remove schools as targets for these copy-cat criminals if you simply allow qualified teachers to conceal carry (even give bonuses to encourage it), in addition to the resource officers that are already there.

The Nashville shooter reportedly bypassed other schools due to enhanced security. If potential shooters don't know what 'threats' there are to their plans, they're more likely to abandon them vs. go after these undefended targets, because they're ultimately all cowards.

Look I'm not against extra security but that is going to cost money. Think about it like this: Security Guard (SG) Pay 1 X $50K; 4 (SG) per school (minimum) for rest and rotation; Department of Education estimates 5.6 schools per school district in America. That's an additional $1.12M per school district in America per year. In the state of Ga there are 181 school districts so you're talking about a total of $202M just for additional security yearly. Again not against it but people need to realize what's do able and what's not.
Hence, a big issue…..as mentioned before, I believe local and state pay about 90% into the school system. The balance is from federal.

The only way to do it, is to increase taxes. I would agree to it also, but those with no kids & those that just oppose it for various reasons would be a big issue…….or you just have to make cuts in the school system somewhere.

No easy answers, you’re going to have to give up something to get something.

Easier said than done.

Reactions: shonuff253
I believe you can deter & ultimately remove schools as targets for these copy-cat criminals if you simply allow qualified teachers to conceal carry (even give bonuses to encourage it), in addition to the resource officers that are already there.

The Nashville shooter reportedly bypassed other schools due to enhanced security. If potential shooters don't know what 'threats' there are to their plans, they're more likely to abandon them vs. go after these undefended targets, because they're ultimately all cowards.
Security is less effective if the AS is on a suicide mission which 99% of them are on. At this point you're just hoping the good guys can get the jump on him before he kills too many kids.

Hence, a big issue…..as mentioned before, I believe local and state pay about 90% into the school system. The balance is from federal.

The only way to do it, is to increase taxes. I would agree to it also, but those with no kids & those that just oppose it for various reasons would be a big issue…….or you just have to make cuts in the school system somewhere.

No easy answers, you’re going to have to give up something to get something.

Easier said than done.
Agree no easy answer, no cheap answer, no quick answer...there's going to be some loss of privilege for fire arms or higher tax to address this problem.

Always enjoy your takes as they are well thought out but I have to disagree with the feasibility of additional trained (military or not) armed security. Imo, the biggest responsibility of our government and what I'm paying for is protection of the citizenry and my biggest priority would be the protection of our children from as many predators as possible. So, before we hire the first administrator, buy the first truckload of imported marble for our admin buildings, spend the first penny on income redistribution, and on and on, we take care of our kids. Failing to fund adequate security is a choice and calculated risk. I think it's time we decided that the risk is too great to provide soft targets for the mentally unstable.

However, I certainly agree with you about being proactive on the front end but for some reason we just don't have the will to act upon the intelligence. It's always funny to me what the brain remembers about these events but the Sandy Hook shooting (because my admin assistant at the time had 2 grandchildren in the school) and the Parkland shooting stick with me. In both cases, you could look at a photo of either kid and see they were troubled. The Sandy Hook shooters own mom kept trying to get help but the system kept trying to treat him as someone that could be normalized. The FBI was tipped off about the Parkland shooter on 2 different occasions and he was known to have posted that he wanted to shoot up a school. If left of boom is going to be a main ingredient, it would have worked in these 2 cases. It's a complex issue with competing rights that must be recognized and I'm of the belief that there isn't one solution but many pieces that must be aligned and no expense should be spared.

Security is less effective if the AS is on a suicide mission which 99% of them are on. At this point you're just hoping the good guys can get the jump on him before he kills too many kids.
Right, but they all still overwhelmingly choose "soft" targets. If it was just suicide, they'd simply off themselves. They're looking to make a statement and/or avenge some claimed injustice, which requires some sort of body count & requires them to have time to accomplish their ghoulish task before being neutralized.

The more difficult you make it, the more you harden the target....the more you deter, as demonstrated in Nashville & the decision to skip the schools with more security.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Always enjoy your takes as they are well thought out but I have to disagree with the feasibility of additional trained (military or not) armed security. Imo, the biggest responsibility of our government and what I'm paying for is protection of the citizenry and my biggest priority would be the protection of our children from as many predators as possible. So, before we hire the first administrator, buy the first truckload of imported marble for our admin buildings, spend the first penny on income redistribution, and on and on, we take care of our kids. Failing to fund adequate security is a choice and calculated risk. I think it's time we decided that the risk is too great to provide soft targets for the mentally unstable.

However, I certainly agree with you about being proactive on the front end but for some reason we just don't have the will to act upon the intelligence. It's always funny to me what the brain remembers about these events but the Sandy Hook shooting (because my admin assistant at the time had 2 grandchildren in the school) and the Parkland shooting stick with me. In both cases, you could look at a photo of either kid and see they were troubled. The Sandy Hook shooters own mom kept trying to get help but the system kept trying to treat him as someone that could be normalized. The FBI was tipped off about the Parkland shooter on 2 different occasions and he was known to have posted that he wanted to shoot up a school. If left of boom is going to be a main ingredient, it would have worked in these 2 cases. It's a complex issue with competing rights that must be recognized and I'm of the belief that there isn't one solution but many pieces that must be aligned and no expense should be spared.
The problem becomes what can legally be done when a mentally disturbed or troubled person owns firearms. What can be done legally when that person who's been diagnosed with schizophrenia has stopped taking their medications? If someone is showing obvious signs of a mental break should anything be done to prevent that person from buying additional firearms? Should free medical care be provided to address mental break? Again not against addition additional security to schools but best case in that situation is "not as many kids die".

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT