ADVERTISEMENT

Trouble brewing in Athens

Why would I care what’s happening worldwide? Random defense.

The statistics here show that cops killing unarmed Africa Americans is not greater than any other race. Does that mean it doesn’t happen? Absolutely not and it’s never ok but the narrative of police killing people in mass numbers for no reason isn’t supported by actual evidence.
Blacks being discriminated against in lending, or hiring, or health care is also a complete lie in 2020.

Not data but you’d have to be living under a rock the last week (or watching/reading extremely biased media) to not see a major issue as it pertains to police brutality/abuse of power. Serious changes have to be made in order to course correct where we are right now

I mean these things aren’t right but it’s a very tense situation right now. Several police officers have been killed, many many more attacked while almost all have rocks, bricks and water bottles constantly thrown at them.

I have a hard time believing the police are the ones instigating these things most of the time. I have no doubt it happens but I’ve seen a lot of footage where it’s instigated by the protestors and then right when a response happens that’s when they start recording. It’s actually part of the ANTIFA playbook. They know what they are doing.

Still a kind of chicken or the egg situation. These protests have turned extremely violent in many places with burning, looting, etc. it’s strange to me to then be up in arms over a greater response. They are the reason for the greater response. Also, the times the police have stood down have been the worst outcomes.

No one is saying there aren’t issues and things are perfect. Obviously there are many areas to improve upon and parts of the system that need to change but the rioting, looting, burning isn’t helping things IMO.

Reactions: JudgeLarryDawg
Kinda like the 3 foot piles of bricks delivered to numerous locations in downtown Minneapolis on the day before "peaceful protests" up there. Planned and coordinated.
Athens has local elected officials in sympathy with the violence.

They should do a Naruto run. That would be a game changer.

1277298.jpg

There is no difference if the cops involved are viewed the same type of thug as civilians who kill.

they kinda are and have to be. And while I’m at it, I can say, The Man always wins. I am a survivor/participant of two riots. One I just happened to get off at the wrong train station one afternoon.

let’s hope it blows over

Reactions: Dawg 'n IT
Where? I just drove through campus and downtown and I didn’t see any humvees or guards troops. Just a bunch of cops who have closed off north campus

The National Guard had staged at the parking lot next to the Music School in East Campus. I saw more coming in from the loop as I left campus.

I get your point but I do not agree with your position. I think that cop would have done what he did regardless of skin color. And to call it a direct government action is to suggest it was planned and sanctioned by the police. He exceeded his rules of engagement/escalation of force mandate and acted on his own. Poor George Floyd was in the wrong place as this cop was unhinged.

Yep, just another purely coincidental example of a police officer killing a black man for no good reason. No problem here.

He was needlessly killed by direct government action in no small part because of the color of his skin. Honest question, what is it that you don't understand?

Imagine if this had happened to your son, brother, father. Would you see it as any different from all of the other people killed in Chicago last weekend? JFC.
Where is your evidence for this statement concerning his skin color? There were no racial epithets. The officers were diverse. I haven’t read of any past racist attitudes from these policemen. Maybe it was the case. But I haven’t seen the evidence of it.

Fear not snowflakes...the Athens protest was roughly 3000 ppl according to the ABH and it was peaceful. Don't get me wrong.. I have no tolerance for looting or violence. I don't hate all cops. I know plenty of great ones. But I do hate bad cops. Just as I hate bad teachers and bad politicians. But I have zero tolerance for ppl spreading rumors and acting as if protesting isn't an essential American act. I don't care if I agree with them or not. I'm proud of anyone who peacefully protests.

Fear not snowflakes...the Athens protest was roughly 3000 ppl according to the ABH and it was peaceful. Don't get me wrong.. I have no tolerance for looting or violence. I don't hate all cops. I know plenty of great ones. But I do hate bad cops. Just as I hate bad teachers and bad politicians. But I have zero tolerance for ppl spreading rumors and acting as if protesting isn't an essential American act. I don't care if I agree with them or not. I'm proud of anyone who peacefully protests.

But I can see the glow of the downtown inferno from Watkinsville...

What were they protesting against, exactly, in Athens, GA?
And why did someone plant railroad spikes in a bunch of decorative planters downtown?
Who was gonna use those, and what for?

Sorry I messed up. Let’s try again:

“Oh I’m @CarolinaDawg1940 and I’m a big serious man who goes to the gym 9 times a day and calls people names behind a paywall message board.”

Did I get that right?
You think it's cool to harass a man that's probably 80 years old? What does that say about you? Oh by the way I really do go the gym 4 times a week, and I bench about 335. You want to meet one day?

Yep, just another purely coincidental example of a police officer killing a black man for no good reason. No problem here.
I just wish people would do a little more fact checking, instead of assuming feeding off emotion. Think the situation through... then react in the right manner

Reactions: JohnnyBeeDawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT