ADVERTISEMENT

Two-tiered

Okay. You can “resist the autocracy” without being rude and while showing manners.
Manners? We are engaged in the political equivalent of trench warfare where folks that just want to provide for their families and be left alone are being called the most vile of names on a daily basis by those that wish to rule over us. We literally had a former Dem speaker of the house rise and tear a copy of a POTUS's SOTU speech on national TV. We literally had a senate majority leader walk to the Supreme Court and threaten justices by name. We're watching a show me the man and I'll show you the crime scenario being repeated over and over again aimed at anyone that refuses to rebuke Trump and you're worried about manners and decorum?

Wasnt it capitol police that arrested him? i thought the speaker of the house was in charge of capitol police? Sounds like this is Mike Johnson's issue...

I feel like it was not the time or venue for the protest. That being said, it showcased the corruption, and lack of empathy this administration has towards United States citizens included its armed forces. He probably felt this was his only way to be heard by this admin seeing as how Biden didn’t give a shit enough to protect his son or the others he abandoned

I feel like it was not the time or venue for the protest. That being said, it showcased the corruption, and lack of empathy this administration has towards United States citizens included its armed forces. He probably felt this was his only way to be heard by this admin seeing as how Biden didn’t give a shit enough to protect his son or the others he abandoned
I try to be a respectful person and act according to my surroundings. And yes, under normal circumstances I would say the SOTU speech is a place that would traditionally call for listening and polite applause from the opposition. However, traditionally we don't have an admin calling parents protesting at a PTA meeting terrorist. Traditionally, we don't have children being stripped from their parents for refusing to call little Johnny little Susie. We aren't getting gaslighted about an uncontrolled border with those in opposition being called xenophobes and worse.

If your kid was killed by an illegal or for political points, I think breaking tradition to shout at the figurehead of the problem is okay.

Last edited:
This is akin to kneeling during the national anthem in my opinion....

There is a time and place for everything. The SOTU is not the time or the place to act like a jackass (regardless of the reason).

And it wasnt Biden or the Dems who threw him out. It was capitol police, who report to the speaker of the house, who is mike Johnson, who is a republican. Complain to him.

I try to be a respectful person and act according to my surroundings. And yes, under normal circumstances I would say the SOTU speech is a place that would traditionally call for listening and polite applause from the opposition. However, traditionally we don't have an admin calling parents protesting at a PTA meeting terrorist. Traditionally, we don't have children being stripped from their parents for refusing to call little Johnny little Susie. We aren't getting gaslighted about an uncontrolled border with those in opposition being called xenophobes and worse.

If your kid was killed by an illegal or for political points, I think breaking tradition to shout at the figurehead of the problem is okay.
Saw this morning that that father also lost another son to suicide after the soldiers death.

Youd probably feel different if you had a kid killed by this administration's incompetence.
I wouldn’t. Because that’s literally the definition of civilization.

Everybody can come up with excuses for their own behavior. Everyone feels “justified” in shouting out during SOTU speeches. It didn’t even start until about 10 years ago, and it’s totally uncouth.

I guess the wasting of young men's lives is ok as long as you do not yell!
Because shouting during the SOTU reeeeeeally accomplishes a lot. It makes the people who do it look stupid and weakens their point of view.

I wouldn’t. Because that’s literally the definition of civilization.

Everybody can come up with excuses for their own behavior. Everyone feels “justified” in shouting out during SOTU speeches. It didn’t even start until about 10 years ago, and it’s totally uncouth.
Literally not the definition of civilization. Thanks though.

Because shouting during the SOTU reeeeeeally accomplishes a lot. It makes the people who do it look stupid and weakens their point of view.
What are his options to politely and softly whisper, I am disappointed you brought on the death of my soldier son? You are part of the problem. The Dems do not know the meaning of decorum! Child grooming, killing fetuses, child mutilation for the BS transgender scam. Yes, you Dems are all so proper and oh so respectful of others

Reactions: Georgia Jim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT