ADVERTISEMENT

Uhm.... Otis Reese Twitter statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
If these can’t be proven to be true, it would seem he’s damn close to libel

@donalsonville_dawg ?

What did he claim towards a specific individual? All he said about Kirby was that he "manipulated" him into playing another game.

Alternative reading: Kirby convinced him to keep trying to play and he still never got playing time.

Disengenuous, yes. Libel, I don't think so.

Reactions: Whiskey&Weed
What makes it strange is i don't remember ever hearing this complaint till today. As always GO DAWGS!!!
That's because he didn't have anyone to talk to about it in fear of losing his position. It was during his darkest moments. Or something.

I wish UGA could tell their side of the story, but they're not going to. They're going to let the lesser player who couldn't make it at UGA throw the entire community under the bus say whatever he feels like he needs to say just so that he can get the eligibility that he's not entitled to.

My biggest issue is the Kirby quotes he has sent to the NCAA. The word right now is that Kirby blocks every player when they transfer. True or not, this doesn't help that look.

@Anthony Dasher @Radi Nabulsi can anyone shed some light on this? These are pretty serious accusations.
My guess would be he would fight for immediate eligibility (out of conference). You dont transfer within conference and expect to play.

Otis didn't play much for UGA so I'm not sure about the forced to play thing.

The rest of the stuff I am going to leave that alone. Referencing the Justin Fields story is odd but he is trying to do anything to get eligible.

And if that narrative is racism, it is pure horseshit.
Agreed fully.

However, perception is the only thing that matters, and professional salesmen with considerably less talent than the average CFB recruiter have convinced people of much more outlandish claims.

It is being deployed by all of our recruiting rivals, and is undoubtedly in part responsible for the greater than normal struggles we are currently having on the trail.

I wish UGA could tell their side of the story, but they're not going to. They're going to let the lesser player who couldn't make it at UGA throw the entire community under the bus say whatever he feels like he needs to say just so that he can get the eligibility that he's not entitled to.

Wouldn't be so sure this time. We didn't defend ourselves against Fields because those allegations weren't made public.

This is a different beast.

i highly doubt your account.....everyone can pick out a situation ...doesn’t mean it is systemic

ACCPD police haven't been gentle with the student body broadly. In the one traffic stop I had with an ACCPD officer he was immediately very aggressive even though the ticket was dismissed almost immediately at court.

Wouldn't surprise me if Otis had a couple bad incidents with them. Plenty of folks on this board have had rough times with ACCPD.

What did he claim towards a specific individual? All he said about Kirby was that he "manipulated" him into playing another game.

Alternative reading: Kirby convinced him to keep trying to play and he still never got playing time.

Disengenuous, yes. Libel, I don't think so.
Yeah like I said in an earlier post, I know the university would never pursue anything. I’m just saying he’s getting close

Wow.

OMMR is no longer “my man”.

That sure reads like a very tall tale.

Not a tall tale imo, just creatively framing a bunch of separate incidences to establish a 'pattern'.

Everything he said probably 'happened' but just would be described differently by someone not trying to convince the SEC to grant eligibility.

ACCPD police haven't been gentle with the student body broadly. In the one traffic stop I had with an ACCPD officer he was immediately very aggressive even though the ticket was dismissed almost immediately at court.

Wouldn't surprise me if Otis had a couple bad incidents with them. Plenty of folks on this board have had rough times with ACCPD.
Still does not make it systemic....sorry.,.in my days in Athens recently I have encountered a number of UGA students drunk out of their kind that needed their teeth kicked in...sorry, no remorse here.....

Reactions: anon_w4pknohc0ndth
I also find it baffling that Monty Rice, who I have all the respect in the world for and is known for being super vocal about racial injustices (rightfully so), isn’t seeking a transfer; if racism is so bad around the campus, why wouldn’t our most vocal player about these issues be looking to leave? Don’t get me wrong, there are some awful people on all college campuses, including UGA. But to bring racism into this and transfer to a college in Mississippi is just mind-blowing to me. I hope this doesn’t come across as ignorant, but I have a hard time believing he transferred solely because of racial issues and not because of playing time.

Still does not make it systemic....sorry.,.in my days in Athens recently I have encountered a number of UGA students drunk out of their kind that needed their teeth kicked in...sorry, no remorse here.....

Could you imagine being a grown ass adult and sitting around fantasizing about "kicking the teeth in" of an 18 year old?

Jesus Christ....

Reactions: DerkDawg1027
Could you imagine being a grown ass adult and sitting around fantasizing about "kicking the teeth in" of an 18 year old?

Jesus Christ....
oh cool it man....Fire was not started by us “grown ass men”...grow up

Reactions: scdawg24

If cops are kicking in student's teeth for being drunk, those cops should get fired. That's an idiotic statement in this context. Makes sense why some of y'all don't believe police brutality exists when you go straight to "they deserved to get beaten" bs.

Hopefully ACCPD chills out

Reactions: DerkDawg1027
Agreed fully.

However, perception is the only thing that matters, and professional salesmen with considerably less talent than the average CFB recruiter have convinced people of much more outlandish claims.

It is being deployed by all of our recruiting rivals, and is undoubtedly in part responsible for the greater than normal struggles we are currently having on the trail.
Not calling you out so please don’t take this the wrong way but I’ve seen this sentiment posted multiple times now and I genuinely wonder is this for real or is it another one of those Vent echo chamber things where something said once takes on a life of its own? It just seems so outlandish to me to make the accusation that UGA and/or its staff is a racist organization. That’s like going with the double nuclear option if you are a coach trying to negative recruit against us. It would also seem to me to say more about the person making the accusation...you don’t use that kind of awfulness for your own personal gain without being some kind of messed up.

TLDR: I’m curious if there are any actual instances folks know if where this happened.

Reactions: tread34
Not a tall tale imo, just creatively framing a bunch of separate incidences to establish a 'pattern'.

Everything he said probably 'happened' but just would be described differently by someone not trying to convince the SEC to grant eligibility.
This. There is most likely truth in some of the kid's complaints. The run-ins with the cops seem extremely plausible. However, this is most likely a series of unrelated events woven together and worded in such a way that makes UGA look as bad as possible.

Reactions: Swigg

Jesus Christ....
"Drunk out of their kind" caught me eye. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT