ADVERTISEMENT

Voting 2024

Seriously, when you see the crazy stuff Kamala proposes, how can anybody in America vote for her....
Looking to hear from the Dems who vote for anybody with a D by their name... do you really believe ir believe in the BS proposals?
Blows my mind... educate me why i am wrong.
If there is anyone who changes their vote at this point in the game when we have had 4 years of Harris, good or bad, I hurt for that voter.

On the issues that should matter to someone, what could possibly be said versus what they have done that could change someone’s mind?

The only thing that could change the vote either way is manipulation of vote harvesting, unattended drop boxes, no proof of identity or citizenship. In those cases, the voter can be erased for the candidate of the harvesters vote.

For the citizen who takes responsibility to vote personally, the decision is made.

Seriously, when you see the crazy stuff Kamala proposes, how can anybody in America vote for her....
Looking to hear from the Dems who vote for anybody with a D by their name... do you really believe ir believe in the BS proposals?
Because you are a racist

The undecided voters 3 main issues are Immigration, Inflation ( economy ), and foreign affairs. Trump has the upper hand on Immigration hands down . Trump has a lead on inflation but it is not by much. Foreign affairs is a dead heat; Trump is weak with statements of not supporting Israel and the Ukraine and Kamala is weak just due to the U.S.'s pathetic dealing with Russia and China.
Be interesting to see if either of the candidates can keep their mouth from destroying their campaign,

If there is anyone who changes their vote at this point in the game when we have had 4 years of Harris, good or bad, I hurt for that voter.

On the issues that should matter to someone, what could possibly be said versus what they have done that could change someone’s mind?

The only thing that could change the vote either way is manipulation of vote harvesting, unattended drop boxes, no proof of identity or citizenship. In those cases, the voter can be erased for the candidate of the harvesters vote.

For the citizen who takes responsibility to vote personally, the decision is made.
absolutely. the earthly powers have already decided. pretty much a moot point. hopefully, divine intervention will "trump" man-made manipulation.

At least 20% of the population vote on “who they like” or “gut feel”. The 80% of us who are entrenched from day one don’t determine elections, the 20% do.

The undecided voters 3 main issues are Immigration, Inflation ( economy ), and foreign affairs. Trump has the upper hand on Immigration hands down . Trump has a lead on inflation but it is not by much. Foreign affairs is a dead heat; Trump is weak with statements of not supporting Israel and the Ukraine and Kamala is weak just due to the U.S.'s pathetic dealing with Russia and China.
Be interesting to see if either of the candidates can keep their mouth from destroying their campaign,
Internationally, Trump is hands down our best option. If you haven’t noticed, the world is going to hell without a sheriff in place.

I like candidates who don’t inspire violence and multiple felonies (committed by their followers and their legal team/party apparatchiks) in an effort to steal an election they lost. In fact, I think anyone guilty of that is disqualified from serving in our highest office.

I also think the most extreme concentration of wealth since the gilded Age is not healthy for the country. I’m for full support of Ukraine in their fight against Russia. I’m for protecting reproductive rights. I chose to believe the overwhelming consensus of our scientific community when they say we have a climate crisis. I’d like to see the continued surge, started under Biden, in factory construction and manufacturing jobs. I could go on.

The point is, I have plenty of reasons to vote for Harris beyond “orange man bad”.

Last edited:
I like candidates who don’t inspire violence and multiple felonies (committed by their followers and their legal team/party apparatchiks) in an effort to steal an election they lost. In fact, I think anyone guilty of that is disqualified from serving in our highest office.

I also think the most extreme concentration of wealth since the gilded Age is not healthy for the country. I’m for full support of Ukraine in their fight against Russia. I’m for protecting reproductive rights. I chose to believe the overwhelming consensus of our scientific community when they say we have a climate crisis. I’d like to see the continued surge, started under Biden, in factory construction and manufacturing jobs. I could go on.

The point is, I have plenty of reasons to vote for Harris beyond “orange man bad”.
Voting for Kennedy?

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC

I want to continue to see $6 loaves of bread. I want to see interest rates at 9%. I want to see first time homeowners have to live at home because they cant afford $3500 a month for a home. I want to see people have the most credit card debt in history. I want to see people take on a 3rd job because they cant afford food. I want my politicians to give more money to illegals than to Americans. I want to see abortion used birth control and abortions up to 9 months. I want to see a sitting POTUS removed by unelected losers. I want to see the US have no leadership at all for months. I want to see Iran supply more terrorism. I want to see more antisemitism. I want to see Christianity attacked. I want to see more drag queens reading to kids. I want to see more no cash bail. I want to see more women and citizens attacked by aliens. I want to be gaslit by the media. I want the media to run cover for their party and keep lying.

The point is, I cant think of one reason to vote for a woman with an economic IQ of room temperature.

Mostly agree. I think the extreme positions on social issues is huge, and is really the only thing making the race close right now.

If democrats abandoned the extreme nonsense on these issues, Trump would lose a majority of his support.

Reactions: litedawg1968
Mostly agree. I think the extreme positions on social issues is huge, and is really the only thing making the race close right now.

If democrats abandoned the extreme nonsense on these issues, Trump would lose a majority of his support.
If Biden closed the border tomorrow and showed he was committed to it, Trump would lose.

Internationally, Trump is hands down our best option. If you haven’t noticed, the world is going to hell without a sheriff in place.
There is only 268 accumualtive years in world history where the world has been at peace. Estimates say around 8% of history.

But...the only reason there is conflict now is because we dont have Trump. Just the force of his personality would eradicate war. After all, he told us so.

Please... you have such an exagerrated view of this baffoon...

I want to continue to see $6 loaves of bread. I want to see interest rates at 9%. I want to see first time homeowners have to live at home because they cant afford $3500 a month for a home. I want to see people have the most credit card debt in history. I want to see people take on a 3rd job because they cant afford food. I want my politicians to give more money to illegals than to Americans. I want to see abortion used birth control and abortions up to 9 months. I want to see a sitting POTUS removed by unelected losers. I want to see the US have no leadership at all for months. I want to see Iran supply more terrorism. I want to see more antisemitism. I want to see Christianity attacked. I want to see more drag queens reading to kids. I want to see more no cash bail. I want to see more women and citizens attacked by aliens. I want to be gaslit by the media. I want the media to run cover for their party and keep lying.

The point is, I cant think of one reason to vote for a woman with an economic IQ of room temperature.
Dude... look up quanitative easing, look up Trumps tax cuts, look up how he advocated for low interest rates...even suggesting negative rates, look up who passed out the first two covid checks...even delaying them so he could sign them, look up who paid people to stay at home and not work.

He flooded the market with money...recklessly so. Took credit for a house of cards and when covid tanked the supply chain, he left a mess for the next guy. Inflation doesnt show up the next day... it takes months / years for that to work out.

Be real. Be objective. My goodness...you people are so blinded by this cult of personality.

There is only 268 accumualtive years in world history where the world has been at peace. Estimates say around 8% of history.

But...the only reason there is conflict now is because we dont have Trump. Just the force of his personality would eradicate war. After all, he told us so.

Please... you have such an exagerrated view of this baffoon...
You have such a hatred of him you cannot admit he didn't start any conflict in his 4 years.

But they put sleepy Joe in "charge" and the MIC immediately started funding the war in Ukraine and pushing troops into the Middle East. Zero desire of any American to get involved in either of those theaters.

Dude... look up quanitative easing, look up Trumps tax cuts, look up how he advocated for low interest rates...even suggesting negative rates, look up who passed out the first two covid checks...even delaying them so he could sign them, look up who paid people to stay at home and not work.

He flooded the market with money...recklessly so. Took credit for a house of cards and when covid tanked the supply chain, he left a mess for the next guy. Inflation doesnt show up the next day... it takes months / years for that to work out.

Be real. Be objective. My goodness...you people are so blinded by this cult of personality.
Everything I mentioned happened during the Biden/Harris admin. I did not say one word about Trump, and yet you do in every post. I would gladly vote for another Conservative.

ALL of that shit happened the last 3.5 years.

Have a nice day.

Did I miss the Civics lesson where the Executive branch spends the money? You know Pelosi and the Dems passed those spending bills and every Republican except Rand Paul was on board with it. Making an argument the White House spent the money isn't a serious position. He is no conservative, but both sides are 100% on the spending cannot end train.

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
You have such a hatred of him you cannot admit he didn't start any conflict in his 4 years.

But they put sleepy Joe in "charge" and the MIC immediately started funding the war in Ukraine and pushing troops into the Middle East. Zero desire of any American to get involved in either of those theaters.
Funding...Ukraine...Trump...really want to go there?

The first covid stiumulus was passed unanimously. The second one was passed on strict party lines by democrats, at a time when vaccines were available, the pandemic was clearly waning, and red states were open for business. Many of the supply issues were caused by blue state policy keeping workers at home. Biden / Harris don't own all inflation, but they poured gas on a small flame and made it a huge issue.

Try again.

Did I miss the Civics lesson where the Executive branch spends the money? You know Pelosi and the Dems passed those spending bills and every Republican except Rand Paul was on board with it. Making an argument the White House spent the money isn't a serious position. He is no conservative, but both sides are 100% on the spending cannot end train.
Dude...he stopped the presses to sign the checks.

The first covid stiumulus was passed unanimously. The second one was passed on strict party lines by democrats, at a time when vaccines were available, the pandemic was clearly waning, and red states were open for business. Many of the supply issues were caused by blue state policy keeping workers at home. Biden / Harris don't own all inflation, but they poured gas on a small flame and made it a huge issue.

Try again.
The larger point is that Trump's economy was recklessly "hot". When covid happened, we didnt have a chance.

You missed the one on who signs a bill into law.

Funding...Ukraine...Trump...really want to go there?
Yes, do tell me the story of how this started in 2014 with the CIA led Maiden revolution. You cannot type with saying Trump.

Notice I didn't bother stating Ukraine was Biden's piggy bank. You must have some belief that Ukraine happened in 2017-2020.

Reactions: cherrydawg
Yes, do tell me the story of how this started in 2014 with the CIA led Maiden revolution. You cannot type with saying Trump.

Notice I didn't bother stating Ukraine was Biden's piggy bank. You must have some belief that Ukraine happened in 2017-2020.
So...it didnt happen 2020-2024?

It started in 2014? Can't be...Trump fixed everything in 2016-2020.

• Haha
Reactions: cherrydawg
What should another POTUS have done differently?
I'm not an economist...and forum banter aside...meaning I am answering seriously here and would welcome intelligent feedback for learning and understanding.

As I remember it, during Trump's presidency we were in the midst of the longest bull market...ever. It was past time to end some of Obama's policies used to get us out of the recession and facilitate said bull market. The market needed to slow / reset.

Trump did not want this "cooling" on his watch and so continued to flood the market with money.

He should have ended quantitative easing.
He should not have passed tax cuts...Remember the Laffer curve...Bueller? We had the longest bull market in history...we were right at the sweet spot where taxes need to be.
He should not have pressured the fed to keep interest rates low...histporically and unrealistically low.

Again, it was reckless...it might have worked but covid wrecked the supply chain and demand could not keep up with the money supply.

No covid? it may have worked...but any "market" guy that I talked to during the Trump years was basically saying this economy is a house of cards.

I'm not an economist...and forum banter aside...meaning I am answering seriously here and would welcome intelligent feedback for learning and understanding.

As I remember it, during Trump's presidency we were in the midst of the longest bull market...ever. It was past time to end some of Obama's policies used to get us out of the recession and facilitate said bull market. The market needed to slow / reset.

Trump did not want this "cooling" on his watch and so continued to flood the market with money.

He should have ended quantitative easing.
He should not have passed tax cuts...Remember the Laffer curve...Bueller? We had the longest bull market in history...we were right at the sweet spot where taxes need to be.
He should not have pressured the fed to keep interest rates low...histporically and unrealistically low.

Again, it was reckless...it might have worked but covid wrecked the supply chain and demand could not keep up with the money supply.

No covid? it may have worked...but any "market" guy that I talked to during the Trump years was basically saying this economy is a house of cards.
So much to unpack here.

Please show your work, where the President controls interest rates.
Nor does the President control quantitative easing.

Congress passed the tax cuts and he signed them, but spending is the problem, not taxation. Sweet spot? LOL. If we kept tax rates where they were, the deficit would now be what? $33 Trillion vs $35 Trillion??? But probably less than that because higher taxes always results in less economic growth.

He should of pressured to keep rates low? You mean like the current administration's complaints? The Fed is still somewhat independent, thankfully.

Longest bull market ever? Actually the 2nd longest and it started under Hope & Change and the bull market was 100% due to the zero interest rate policies, which unlike as you stated above is not under control of the Executive Branch. (Notice I don't blame Obummer for this).

"House of cards" has been our economy since the 2008 great recession and that has nothing to do with Trump.

S&P 500 Bull Markets 1957 to 2022​

Bull Market PeriodDurationTotal S&P 500 Return
October 1957 to December 196150 months0.864
June 1962 to February 196644 months$1
October 1966 to November 196826 months$0
May 1970 to January 197332 months$1
October 1974 to November 198074 months1.256
August 1982 to August 198760 months2.288
December 1987 to March 2000148 months5.82
September 2001 to January 20023 months0.214
October 2002 to October 200760 months1.015
March 2009 to February 2020132 months4.005

The larger point is that Trump's economy was recklessly "hot". When covid happened, we didnt have a chance.
Yes it was hot, but the last thing you do is throw gas on the embers. We needed to be proactive regarding the oil and gas industry to ease restrictions and encourage lower cost production. We have plenty of supply and the ability to produce it when given the green light. By reducing restrictions and even incentivizing the increased production you could have lessened the impact of transportation costs on all goods. This would have had a major impact on the US and World economy. Too many decisions are made in a silo without much concern of the unintended or intended consequences in other can cause in other areas.
Biden was hell bent on taking actions to undo what Trump had done and did not consider the long term consequences. He did this with oil and gas as well the border. Emotional responses rarely work out well when immediate action is not required.
Both decisions were major failures.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT