ADVERTISEMENT

VP Candidate Vance has been a pleasant surprise.....

DawgWCK

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2001
I was skeptical of him, even more skeptical when the onslaught of media came out against him after his nomination, but he has been a pleasant surprise thus far. He is excellent on his stump speech, in front of cameras, sticking to the message, trying to cleanup and re-message some of Trumps remarks and being front and center all of the time. I think we have seen him in every swing state numerous times and on every Sunday morning News Show. The interviews are tough but he stands his ground and articulates his point very well. He'll be in Valdosta this week. Seems much more transparent than any of the other 3 combined, perhaps because he is out there more than the other 3.

Clearly his weakness is he hasn't been in the Senate long enough to set a presence and overall voting record. Early on he was working on some non-hot topic bipartisan legislation that seemed to indicate he may not be such an ideolog. Moreover, his family prevents some of the normal Dem attacks.

I think Haley and Youngkin would have potentially expanded Trump's base but don't see either as aggressive in campaigning and committed to Trump. Regardless of the outcome, think he has some sticking power. If Trump were to win, he will have a legitimate chance to be the nominee in 2028. I like several more (DeSantis, Cotton, Younkin) than Vance, but he is moving up the ladder..........

he is moving up the ladder..........
His reelection will be in doubt and I will be surprised if he's not primaried. You do realize he ran behind Rs before and they had to dump a bunch of cash in Ohio, yeah? And that's BEFORE he was exposed as he has been as unpalatable to most women?

Look at his favorability over the past few weeks.

His reelection will be in doubt and I will be surprised if he's not primaried. You do realize he ran behind Rs before and they had to dump a bunch of cash in Ohio, yeah? And that's BEFORE he was exposed as he has been as unpalatable to most women?

Don't think i concur with any of your points. 2022 was his first political campaign and won comfortably against Tim Ryan. (plus 265 K votes) and won the primary by 90K against a field of candidates, so i think he is fairly safe should the Trump / Vance team lose, and he has to face reelection. He was battered hard early on about his positions on women, but that was more of a MSM assault and his subsequent remarks and overall responses have been solid. Moreover, he will have a solid spouse at his side that will increase his popularity.

He will hold his on in the debate and at the end his favorability will be as good or higher than Trump, Harris or Walz. He is better than those 3 and Vance is certainly not my favorite politician by far.

Reactions: cherrydawg

Proof?

It wasn't that long ago - this was Rob Portman's seat in the midst of the worst of the post-COVID inflationary period...

"Republicans are now racing to avoid a Democratic victory in Ohio, often at the expense of investing in other close races. If Republicans cannot drag Vance across the finish line in Ohio, it could spell doom for the party’s hopes of flipping the Senate in the midterm elections this November."

He won, and by more that it looked like he would.... So it's moot. I am just saying it's not like he's that great a candidate, or that he's proven himself a capable legislator. He's basically Peter Thiel's boy. Which may be enough... but he's not exactly covering himself in glory as the OP suggests.

It wasn't that long ago - this was Rob Portman's seat in the midst of the worst of the post-COVID inflationary period...

"Republicans are now racing to avoid a Democratic victory in Ohio, often at the expense of investing in other close races. If Republicans cannot drag Vance across the finish line in Ohio, it could spell doom for the party’s hopes of flipping the Senate in the midterm elections this November."

He won, and by more that it looked like he would.... So it's moot. I am just saying it's not like he's that great a candidate, or that he's proven himself a capable legislator. He's basically Peter Thiel's boy. Which may be enough... but he's not exactly covering himself in glory as the OP suggests.
He hasn’t been in there long enough to establish an identity yet.

Reactions: wwforest

I think i said he has been a pleasant t surprise. Comes across in front of the Press better than Trump, Harris or Walz. At this point i think he is acutally an asset to the Trump campaign and was not sure he would be. Lets see how he does down the stretch, but he has had a good August thus far.

I think i said he has been a pleasant t surprise. Comes across in front of the Press better than Trump, Harris or Walz. At this point i think he is acutally an asset to the Trump campaign and was not sure he would be. Let’s see how he does down the stretch, but he has had a good August thus far.
Dude has impressed me with his command and intelligence. Unfortunately that doesn’t matter nowadays. Especially because the media has declared him weird.

It is much more stylish to vote someone with very low talent and intelligence to be the leader of the free world.

Obama was sharp and a very talented politician. Biden was a jackass, and old as dirt, but at least I could see why folks would vote for someone they thought was moderate and would unite the country post Covid.

But Kamala? I will truly be disappointed in our electorate if we vote someone so un-intelligent and ineffective to the Presidency. The media really has jumped the shark this year.

Reactions: DawgWCK

I saw a commercial that said drugs are bad for your brain... something with a sizzling egg maybe...

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT