ADVERTISEMENT

Well, Ohio started selling recreational weed today......

Double Deuce Dawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2022
$40-$50 for a 10th of an ounce. LMAO.

Snoop Dogg Singing GIF by The Voice

don’t they know thats a dime bag. Talk about inflation
When I started smoking weed, a dime bag was a 1/4 ounce. $10 bucks a dime, $35 an oz for Columbian Red Bud.
My weed $$$$$ will continue to make the trip to Michigan.

$40-$50 for a 10th of an ounce. LMAO.

Snoop Dogg Singing GIF by The Voice
Remember when they were “selling” the idea of legal drugs? They said over and over how great it would be because the government could tax it and pay all sorts of wonderful government give-a-way programs. Welp, this is what you get, and they will start jacking those up now just like tobacco. It will be $100 before you know it because the Federal govt hasn’t started taking their cut yet but they will.

The “sin tax” is completely out of control and all of them should be brought into line with taxes on any other legal product.

Remember when they were “selling” the idea of legal drugs? They said over and over how great it would be because the government could tax it and pay all sorts of wonderful government give-a-way programs. Welp, this is what you get, and they will start jacking those up now just like tobacco. It will be $100 before you know it because the Federal govt hasn’t started taking their cut yet but they will.

The “sin tax” is completely out of control and all of them should be brought into line with taxes on any other legal product.

Usually, legalization makes provision for growing your own. As long as your electrical bill isn’t hitting $2000 a month, who’s gonna know? Go solar if that’s a problem.

Usually, legalization makes provision for growing your own. As long as your electrical bill isn’t hitting $2000 a month, who’s gonna know? Go solar if that’s a problem.
I don’t smoke weed, that’s not my argument. It’s out of control taxes and spending by state a federal governments.
If weeds is “legal” why are we taxing it at a punitive rate compared to every other legal product? If we added a 100% tax to groceries or automobiles they would be riots. But with alcohol, tobacco and legal drugs we let them increase taxes over and over. How about control the about of pork barrel spending and demand they reduce taxes.

Anyway, that’s just how I see it.

Reactions: Double Deuce Dawg
I don’t smoke weed, that’s not my argument. It’s out of control taxes and spending by state a federal governments.
If weeds is “legal” why are we taxing it at a punitive rate compared to every other legal product? If we added a 100% tax to groceries or automobiles they would be riots. But with alcohol, tobacco and legal drugs we let them increase taxes over and over. How about control the about of pork barrel spending and demand they reduce taxes.

Anyway, that’s just how I see it.

Vice Tax

I don’t smoke either. You may not OD on pot, but it’s psychologically addicting and you tend to get lazy and unmotivated

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly my point. Seems ripe for a constitutional challenge. The slippery slope is that anything can be attacked as a "vice" depending on who is in office.
Not sure of your political leaning but what if congress decided that an abortion is a "vice"? What if they decide gasoline powered car is a "vice"? If a product is legal, than it shouldn't carry any more taxation than any other product unless maybe if that product can be shown to use more public resources than another one.

Exactly my point. Seems ripe for a constitutional challenge. The slippery slope is that anything can be attacked as a "vice" depending on who is in office.
Not sure of your political leaning but what if congress decided that an abortion is a "vice"? What if they decide gasoline powered car is a "vice"? If a product is legal, than it shouldn't carry any more taxation than any other product unless maybe if that product can be shown to use more public resources than another one.
That was the funny thing about the individual states suing cigarette companies for back Medicare funds.....all these states taxed the shit out of cancer sticks and generated a shitload of revenue off their sales. Those lawsuits should have been thrown out of court.

Reactions: stray
That was the funny thing about the individual states suing cigarette companies for back Medicare funds.....all these states taxed the shit out of cancer sticks and generated a shitload of revenue off their sales. Those lawsuits should have been thrown out of court.
Here is what they also did. They increased taxes claiming that this would push people to quit smoking. So, they increased the taxes and calculated how much revenue they would generate from sales. They then appropriated those funds to more government spending going forward. Welp, when people stopped smoking those revenues went down but the spending stayed. So, they had to generate more revenue so they increase taxes again...of course, more people quit. and so and so and so.

They never allowed for reduction in those revenues because they are either idiots or tyrants. They said smoking would go down and then are surprised when it did.

Here is what they also did. They increased taxes claiming that this would push people to quit smoking. So, they increased the taxes and calculated how much revenue they would generate from sales. They then appropriated those funds to more government spending going forward. Welp, when people stopped smoking those revenues went down but the spending stayed. So, they had to generate more revenue so they increase taxes again...of course, more people quit. and so and so and so.

They never allowed for reduction in those revenues because they are either idiots or tyrants. They said smoking would go down and then are surprised when it did.

About 5 years ago, cigarettes cost over $11 a pack. I quit when they hit 60 cents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT