ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg What are some random historical facts that most people dont know.

Utley1992

Only half a troll
Gold Member
Jun 9, 2017
Milky Way Galaxy
The Cresent moon symbol for Islam comes from the old symbol of Constantinople. It was the flag that represented the idea the all were welcome in the city. When the Ottomans took over they just decided to keep it.

The white robes worn by the Knights Templar were originally meant to symbolize the vow of chastity the monks took when joining the order.

The Swastika was not just a Hindu symbol before getting co-opted by the nazis. It was a symbol that was used all around the world, even in the America's centuries before European arrived.

The first American war to not have women serving was WW1. This was due to medical examinations.

Probably the saddest of them all, Kim Kardashian has more followers on Instagram than all of the founding fathers combined.

From the years 1500-2000, paintings of sunset increase about 25% the two years after the eruption of a major volcano.

Sunset paintings reached their peak the five years after the 1815 eruption of Tambora that caused the year with no summer in 1816.

From the years 1500-2000, paintings of sunset increase about 25% the two years after the eruption of a major volcano.

Sunset paintings reached their peak the five years after the 1815 eruption of Tambora that caused the year with no summer in 1816.
That is one obscure fact!!!! Where did you learn that? Lol

Reactions: HuntinDawg
The Cresent moon symbol for Islam comes from the old symbol of Constantinople. It was the flag that represented the idea the all were welcome in the city. When the Ottomans took over they just decided to keep it.

The white robes worn by the Knights Templar were originally meant to symbolize the vow of chastity the monks took when joining the order.

The Swastika was not just a Hindu symbol before getting co-opted by the nazis. It was a symbol that was used all around the world, even in the America's centuries before European arrived.

The first American war to not have women serving was WW1. This was due to medical examinations.

Probably the saddest of them all, Kim Kardashian has more followers on Instagram than all of the founding fathers combined.
The Knights Templar were arrested on Friday 13th, hence why it’s considered unlucky

Both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson died on July 4, 1826, exactly 50 years from the date of the ratification of the Declaration of Independence.

Lincoln’s secretary was named Kennedy. Kennedy’s secretary was named Lincoln.

I learned that earlier this year… that’s fascinating.
If you’re interested in it, Bill Whittle has an absolutely incredible series on the early Soviet Union called An Empire of Terror. It’s incredibly well done, just like his Cold War series. Some really wild stuff in it that hardly anyone has ever heard about the years following the Russian revolution.

If you’re interested in it, Bill Whittle has an absolutely incredible series on the early Soviet Union called An Empire of Terror. It’s incredibly well done, just like his Cold War series. Some really wild stuff in it that hardly anyone has ever heard about the years following the Russian revolution.

I’m a big fan of Whittle. His Cold War podcast was terrific… it reminds me of the pandemic as I used to take my daughter for long car rides on Sunday afternoons as there was nothing else to do. She’d sleep in her car seat and I’d listen to that podcast. One of the few enjoyable things about spring 2020.

Is An Empire of Terror available on Apple? Last I looked for it, it was behind the Daily Wire paywall

Reactions: 3 Pete

Apparently Sawyer Brown won Star Search 40 years ago

I've always enjoyed obscure baseball historical facts.

The first MLB player to steal a base in four different decades was Ted Williams

Entering this season (and may still be true), Barry Bonds (688) has been intentionally walked more times than the entire Tampa Bay Rays franchise all-time (670)

Two MLB Hall of Famers were born in the same small town of Donora, PA on the same day (November 21): Stan Musial and Ken Griffey Jr.

And one of my personal favorites: More men have walked on the moon (12) than have scored off Mariano Rivera in the postseason (11).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT