ADVERTISEMENT

what was your worst job?

Working for the University of Georgia, my beloved alma mater. Watching all the bs, under the table dealing, sexual immorality (I’m serious, not trying to be cute)……best career decision in my life was to accept another job and walk away from that hellhole.

I would really be interested to know what department you worked in - they certainly aren't all like that (although I will admit half of getting something done at UGA is knowing who to call/building a relationship with them so that your request doesn't get lost in a pile in the central offices).

Being a police officer at a UGA football game. I'm going to put this as nicely as I possibly can, but you people are f-ing a-holes. Thank God I never have to do that job again.
Now you know you had worse jobs working with me - don't lie.

Reactions: Hydrant Chaser
Washing d
My brother in law got a job at Chuck E. Cheese in Jimmy Carter Blvd. in Norcross in the 1990s. After awhile they asked him they asked him to be the dang mouse mascot in the mouse suit. They apparently had a drunk bum that quit doing the job right before him with less than elite personal hygiene. The mask smelled like sweaty booze and it was the summer so it was hot in that costume. Kids were always pulling his tail and tripping him and older kids thought it was funny to try to kick him in the nuts. He did this for a whole summer in high school. He doesn't care for me to bring this up at family get together
Washing dishes at Johnny’s pizza in Roswell ga summer between freshman and sophomore year of HS. Quit when summer football started.

Reactions: Hydrant Chaser
1. Orderly at a nursing home. I will raise @studawg170 II ‘s poop cannon with about 9 poop factories I had to keep up with the production of.
2. Picking tobacco (on foot). If you’ve ever done it you know…and you just can’t describe how bad it sucks to those that haven’t
3. Working in tobacco warehouse (which was awesome compared to 1 and 2 other than the 10 days or so we spent tarring the roof in late June in S Ga prior to market opening)

Every time I have a sh#%^ty day at work I thank heaven im not doing one of these three things.

What was the location of your tobacco work? Mine was around Hahira, GA.

My brother in law got a job at Chuck E. Cheese in Jimmy Carter Blvd. in Norcross in the 1990s. After awhile they asked him they asked him to be the dang mouse mascot in the mouse suit. They apparently had a drunk bum that quit doing the job right before him with less than elite personal hygiene. The mask smelled like sweaty booze and it was the summer so it was hot in that costume. Kids were always pulling his tail and tripping him and older kids thought it was funny to try to kick him in the nuts. He did this for a whole summer in high school.

He doesn't care for me to bring this up at family get togethers. So I’ll always say ”how’s it going Charles?” or “here comes the bug cheese now”.
Great American Cookie Company

those people were relentless! Kept on coming! Buying more and more cookies! I still have PTSD if someone mentions cookies

Reactions: NWGA_DAWG
there are some that refer to me as The Prince of Hahira, though I’ve only passed through oocasionally.

Hahira is where my Father grew up. He married a Quitman gal and moved to the metropolis of Valdosta. Since we were outside of the city limits, I attended the county schools and spent three years in residence at Hahira Junior High School.

The town of Hahira was immortalized in Ray Stevens' song "Shriners Convention". Way back in the day, when streaking was a thing, some local artist released a song "Streaking from Quitman to Hahira", composed to the tune of "Leaving on the Midnight Train to Georgia". It is unfortunately lost to history's dustbin.

You'd be pretty damn surprised. Folks who bitch about teachers having summers "off" certainly don't understand how they're paid.
Summers are becoming shorter and shorter as the trend for year-round child care, I mean teaching evolves.

Manually loading 200 pound tobacco bales into a railroad card after auction during the month of August in south Georgia. Heck of a conditioning program for football season though.

can relate, worked in a cotton mill as a teenager. That job lasted all of one day. Hot as hayul…..no fans, no air flow, just heat (south GA), it was miserable.

Also worked in a cannery that lasted all of 3 or 4 days (teenager). Same shat, hot as hayul and miserable. But not as miserable as the cotton mill.

Couldn’t wait for summer football camp to start so that I would have an excuse not to work these jobs.

Guess I’m soft like that….camp felt like a vacation compared to those two jobs.

Reactions: dawgfan57
I had to work dispatch one night . That absolutely sucked . The worse job was working in a chicken house .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT