ADVERTISEMENT

When is that Inflation Reduction Act……

thingy gonna kick in???

Axing for a friend.
It's a party at an assisted living facility. Joe tells a few lies about what he did in some war he never got close to and then he pops a balloon and reads off his teleprompter,
"everything's fine folks. The economy is great. Repeat everything's fine and turn to your right to find the the steps. Don't stop to sniff any little girls".

It's a party at an assisted living facility. Joe tells a few lies about what he did in some war he never got close to and then he pops a balloon and reads off his teleprompter,
"everything's fine folks. The economy is great. Repeat everything's fine and turn to your right to find the the steps. Don't stop to sniff any little girls".
Of course it is great, much improvement….it was 9% when he took over.

Obviously didn't read the article, S&P and Nasdaq rose to all time highs today after the consumer inflation report came in better than expected
Pretty low bar when the expected inflation rate is an annualized 4.8%. The market loves it because maybe now the fed will cut rates.....meaning we could get some relief from 7% mortgage rates down to 6.5%!!!

For comparison, when Biden took office inflation was 1.4% and mortgage rates were in the 2%-3.5% range.

But Halleluiah!!! We went from God awful unprecedented disaster to just God awful terrible.

Obviously didn't read the article, S&P and Nasdaq rose to all time highs today after the consumer inflation report came in better than expected
How much was spent on the Inflationary Reduction Act…..about a Trillion, is that about right??

Just going from memory, the Dow was around 19,000 when Trump took office and around 30,000 the day he left.

The CPI was also 1.4% his last month and he averaged less than 2% for his term. Wages also exceeded inflation during his 4 year term.

Biden’s inflation is the worst since Carter and inflation has outpaced wages during his term.

What did the trillion dollars (or almost) for the IRA do?? …..and how are we better off??

Last edited:
Guys, just messing with you, I know inflation is still high, but the timing of the OP was interesting given that the latest inflation data was positive, and pushed the market to all time highs.

I am attaching a great article written by a former Pub staffer ( and Trump supporter) outlining the prospects for November. Basically, the article states that Biden is wildly unpopular on the issues, and Trump is hated personally. Given the above, who will folks vote for? At this times, the polls are showing they prefer the hated.

Guys, just messing with you, I know inflation is still high, but the timing of the OP was interesting given that the latest inflation data was positive, and pushed the market to all time highs.

I am attaching a great article written by a former Pub staffer ( and Trump supporter) outlining the prospects for November. Basically, the article states that Biden is wildly unpopular on the issues, and Trump is hated personally. Given the above, who will folks vote for? At this times, the polls are showing they prefer the hated.

Yeah right, now you say it.

Reactions: cherrydawg

My god! Look who you are referring to. The most awfull commie media outlet in the country. You lose your credibility by just posting this garbage.

My god! Look who you are referring to. The most awfull commie media outlet in the country. You lose your credibility by just posting this garbage.
the article posted from MSN was a repost of an opinion from a Pub staffer who openly stated that he wants Trump to win.

Read a paragraph or two, and you will easily see this is no “commie” article.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT