ADVERTISEMENT

Why are liberals so afraid of free speech?

Using truth and social media in the same sentence - now that's funny. How would you find it?

I don't give a crap about Musk buying the twits and didn't realize it was a problem. It's not a problem to me.

I don't answer for the liberals by the way but I know you love to use that and other words.

IMG_9504.jpg

Using truth and social media in the same sentence - now that's funny. How would you find it?

I don't give a crap about Musk buying the twits and didn't realize it was a problem. It's not a problem to me.

I don't answer for the liberals by the way but I know you love to use that and other words.
My favorite thing about you is, you always say you aren't a liberal yet every single thing you post proves differently.
I don't blame you for not wanting people to know but, we do know.

My favorite thing about you is, you always say you aren't a liberal yet every single thing you post proves differently.
I don't blame you for not wanting people to know but, we do know.

It's so funny how you don't bother reading because you know what you are going to say anyway.

I didn't say in that post that I wasn't a liberal. I said that I won't speak for the group you are referring to; I speak for myself.

Personally, I don't identify with a group because that would seem to indicate (and you would take it that way) that I agree with everything they might represent.

Edited to add that it seems like a deal could be announced at any time so we'll see.

Last edited:
Is this where you tell us that you are smarter than everybody else?
Let me clarify. It has nothing to do with being smarter. The reason I say about 75 percent of voters are uninformed , because they keep voting in people who just play off thier emotions and fake promise to get a vote while never delivering on promises.

I support free speech. However there is so much propaganda out there sometimes something has to be done. Some people lack the education and critical thinking skills to differentiate between legitimate sources and some crazy thing someone put on the internet to manipulate them.

Reactions: anon_03j5dr7l9qs90
The liberal outcry of Elon Musk buying Twitter is insane. What is the problem. Why are you scared of the truth being published on a social media platform?
@willdup , @shonuff253 , @celticdawg
care to answer for the liberals
Was just in a museum in Oslo in a section on the Norwegian resistance after Hitler invaded. Among the first things the Nazis did was institute censorship of the media. Seems like that’s what the libs want in the USA.

I support free speech. However there is so much propaganda out there sometimes something has to be done. Some people lack the education and critical thinking skills to differentiate between legitimate sources and some crazy thing someone put on the internet to manipulate them.
Literally applies to everything in life so why did everything change recently?

Reactions: cherrydawg
The liberal outcry of Elon Musk buying Twitter is insane. What is the problem. Why are you scared of the truth being published on a social media platform?
I could not care less about Twitter's corporate makeup, even though I depend on the platform in some ways (my feed is highly-curated, and I find it valuable to follow writers I like vs. outlets or what editors want me to follow). I don't see Elon Musk as an avatar of free speech, either, but it doesn't offend me to know that he might be running the show. I mean - is "Jack" any less of a jackass? Why are all these billionaires so desperate for attention? I don't get it. One should read this before celebrating him as some kind of iconoclast (and I share this not to partake in Musk-bashing, but just to note that he's not all that different than any other CEO. He's a businessman).

Reactions: 55dawg
I could not care less about Twitter's corporate makeup, even though I depend on the platform in some ways (my feed is highly-curated, and I find it valuable to follow writers I like vs. outlets or what editors want me to follow). I don't see Elon Musk as an avatar of free speech, either, but it doesn't offend me to know that he might be running the show. I mean - is "Jack" any less of a jackass? Why are all these billionaires so desperate for attention? I don't get it. One should read this before celebrating him as some kind of iconoclast (and I share this not to partake in Musk-bashing, but just to note that he's not all that different than any other CEO. He's a businessman).
He is a businessman and a liberal. He does push for free speech twitter though.

Reactions: nice marmot

Because they are Marxists at heart and just try to disguise it by presenting themselves in a non-threatening manner. Marxists don't deal in truth. They deal in censorship, spreading of lies and fear, and want to rule with tyranny. They try to hide it` so people don't catch on until its too late.

I just want them to abide by their own terms of service. If hate speech and speech that could incite violence is in violation of their terms, the demographics of the offender should not matter. If a group of N. GA rednecks are using their platform to organize a march thru downtown Atlanta, I have no issue if any platform says, no, not here. However, they should treat any other group similarly. If they are going to censor political opinion and debunk sides of a debate that are ultimately found to be true, imo, they are the ones violating the terms of use.

I don't think there are any true liberals on this board, including myself. There are far more interesting and engaging places for people with a true leftist bent to spend their time than a football message board. I can tell you for sure that I won't speak for anyone but myself given my past voting history skews heavily republican.

I don't take issue with Musk buying Twitter, per se. It's a private company and apparently he has marshalled the capital needed to buy it. Good for him. If he wants to turn Twitter into his own version of Truth Social, or anything else for that matter, that's his call.

I do have concerns about the continued concentration of wealth in the US and the world, and the resulting concentration of power and influence that this is leading to, but while it is a related topic it is really separate discussion.

And whom, do you propose, should be the one "to differentiate between legitimate sources and some crazy thing someone put on the internet"? It wasn't that long ago that the Wuhan lab leak theory was preposterous. Now it appears likely. Who should we bestow this mighty shield of truth decider upon? You are wrong in your assertion.

The answer is to be able to put your information and evidence up next to what you perceive to be "some crazy thing someone put on the internet." Silencing one side only strengthens it and leads to more confusion. Refute the opposing views and provide your own opinions and evidence. That is the true answer.

I don't think there are any true liberals on this board, including myself.
All you ever post is liberal crap.
You somehow think Trump ordered the killing of the Saudi journalist.
That is pure liberal crap you read off of a liberal site somewhere. Not a shred of nothing but subjective BS.

And who defines “legitimate sources?” What is the definer’s motivation to label a source as legitimate? Does it vary from one topic to the next? We all choose bubbles more comforting for our individual set of sensibilities. Most of us choose to associate with and try to think like those we fear. Our greatest fear is upsetting the real wolves among us. But, we’re all too ready to give any opposition a stern look from across the street, then quickly look away. Our ladies love us when we do the quick stern look thing. They tell us they do at least.

All you ever post is liberal crap.
You somehow think Trump ordered the killing of the Saudi journalist.
That is pure liberal crap you read off of a liberal site somewhere. Not a shred of nothing but subjective BS.
I think I clarified that the Trump administration, in choosing to take no action against MBS, effectively sanctioned the killing after the fact. Two very different things and my original comment was poorly worded.

Plenty of actual conservatives, versus Trump conservatives (which is a contradiction in terms) agree with my assessment. You continue to equate strong opposition to Trump as an exclusively liberal position, and it isn't.

"President Trump’s statement is a mockery of the best sentiments of America First. His argument for why we should turn a blind eye to the Khashoggi murder, even as the Saudi regime plans to execute the men who carried out the crown prince’s orders, is that we are too entangled in our alliance with Saudi Arabia to care. They are a “great ally” because they have “agreed to spend and invest $450 billion in the United States.” He even goes on to list the defense contractors who benefit from Saudi largesse.

Nowhere in Trump’s statement does he offer any meaningful condemnation of Saudi behavior or suggest that there is a limit to the portion of the American soul Saudi petrodollars can buy.

His defenders praise the president’s “frankness,” which is fine. But frankness means telling the truth, and that means the truth is that the president frankly doesn’t care much about anything but the Saudis’ wallet and their praise for him. A statement condemning their behavior could have been frank, too. Ronald Reagan often modeled such frankness.

As Senator Rand Paul, a man largely in the tradition of the original America First, put it, “I’m pretty sure this statement is Saudi Arabia First, not America First.”

It’s fine to defend America’s economic interests, but it’s ugly to suggest that American interests begin and end with arms sales and military alliances.

America has an interest in standing up for more than a balance sheet. Progressive historian Charles Beard, an America Firster, argued that the U.S. government must “surrender forever the imbecilic belief that it was her duty to defend every dollar invested everywhere and every acquisitive merchant seeking his private interests everywhere.”

I really stopped caring long ago when I realized that pretty much 75% of voter bases on both sides are uninformed morons
the OP posed a great ?
what are your thought on elon buying twitter?
Twitter does eliminate folks that do not agree with libs most of the time

but why is one side getting it and another not?

Dude I don't really care if he buys Twitter or not I just find it incredibly hilarious that you guys are throwing your full weight behind Musk even though he's a self-proclaimed transhumanist.

I mean.....do you guys know what tranhumanism is?

16e

Dude I don't really care if he buys Twitter or not I just find it incredibly hilarious that you guys are throwing your full weight behind Musk even though he's a self-proclaimed transhumanist.

16e
They are too busy getting hot and bothered by the prospect of future owning of libs to be concerned by the fact Musk wants to hasten the singularity.

They are too busy getting hot and bothered by the prospect of future owning of libs to be concerned by the fact Musk wants to hasten the singularity.
Exactly it's crazy. I can't wait until they figure out how transhumanisum see stem cells

Reactions: celticdawg

You should be concerned about Musk buying Twitter. Most of the left-wing Twitter accounts you've linked here have pledged to leave in response.

And his views
You should be concerned about Musk buying Twitter. Most of the left-wing Twitter accounts you've linked here have pledged to leave in response.
I'm on Twitter, I'm not leaving. Look my side gets a little chicken little sometimes like you guys and your pedo hysteria. I don't see much changing.

Reactions: willdup
I don't think there are any true liberals on this board, including myself. There are far more interesting and engaging places for people with a true leftist bent to spend their time than a football message board. I can tell you for sure that I won't speak for anyone but myself given my past voting history skews heavily republican.

I don't take issue with Musk buying Twitter, per se. It's a private company and apparently he has marshalled the capital needed to buy it. Good for him. If he wants to turn Twitter into his own version of Truth Social, or anything else for that matter, that's his call.

I do have concerns about the continued concentration of wealth in the US and the world, and the resulting concentration of power and influence that this is leading to, but while it is a related topic it is really separate discussion.
You know how I love good irony, and the irony here is that Twitter has not been a private company for a long time. Publicly owned for the majority of its existence, but it will be privately owned now, if Musk makes good on his announced plan.

His stated goal is not to make Twitter a conservative mouthpiece, but to simply restore balanced, free speech. For some reason, many on the left view this as a terrible outcome.

"Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated. I also want to make Twitter better than ever." - Elon Musk

FRNnFoCUcAAiSLh

Reactions: kdsdawg

16e
I am not surprised that you don't understand. We only care about free speech. We know he is a liberal. We don't care. We only care that he cares about free speech. Oh, and that he provided internet to a lot of folks that couldn't get it previously. I am sure he has down some other things that are good not withstanding your stupid meme,

And his views

I'm on Twitter, I'm not leaving. Look my side gets a little chicken little sometimes like you guys and your pedo hysteria. I don't see much changing.

You keep talking about Musk and his transhumanist views, and I think you're missing the point. No one here is saying they agree with all his political views. You could best categorize him as a Libertarian, which means a lot of his social views do not align with most posters here. That's fine.

But he's advocating for free speech in a time when many on the left - and some on the right - are not. I have a lot of respect for that because he has the influence to do something about that, and he did.

I don't want people to leave Twitter over this, even the leftists. But all the caterwauling over someone having the audacity to not censor people on social media for differing opinions is annoying. And I'll admit, it's a bit enjoyable to see many on the left - who are always complaining about something - lose their shit over something just because it doesn't align with their views.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT