ADVERTISEMENT

Why are liberals so afraid of free speech?

Imagine championing for pedos. Wow.
Based on the news of the last few months, Republicans have a far bigger pedo issue than the Dems do. Here's just the latest news, breaking today.

And don't forget this peach of a pro-life former aide to Trump.

Based on the news of the last few months, Republicans have a far bigger pedo issue than the Dems do. Here's just the latest news, breaking today.

And don't forget this peach of a pro-life former aide to Trump.

It is always but something with you. Conservatives don't care which side of the aisle they come from. Lock them up if they are guilty.
Your side wants children to be groomed starting in kindergarten, so you can kindly ...............

I support free speech. However there is so much propaganda out there sometimes something has to be done. Some people lack the education and critical thinking skills to differentiate between legitimate sources and some crazy thing someone put on the internet to manipulate them.
More dangerous for those who control the media (make no mistake, Twitter is the media) to be the arbiters of truth than for someone to latch on to a crack pot piece of news. There was “fake news” long before the internet. Every grocery store check out counter sold the National Enquirer and the Weekly World News and there was no public outcry. Let’s be honest, main stream social media is censoring conservatives every chance they get. The truth always comes out though.

You keep talking about Musk and his transhumanist views, and I think you're missing the point. No one here is saying they agree with all his political views. You could best categorize him as a Libertarian, which means a lot of his social views do not align with most posters here. That's fine.

But he's advocating for free speech in a time when many on the left - and some on the right - are not. I have a lot of respect for that because he has the influence to do something about that, and he did.

I don't want people to leave Twitter over this, even the leftists. But all the caterwauling over someone having the audacity to not censor people on social media for differing opinions is annoying. And I'll admit, it's a bit enjoyable to see many on the left - who are always complaining about something - lose their shit over something just because it doesn't align with their views.
Because a lot of people on this board have been making false equivalency arguments and speaking in absolutes when talking about Dems or liberals. Pro-choice = burn in hell and you're what's wrong with this country
Pro-LGBTQ = pedo and groomer and you're what's wrong with this country
Pro-climate change = libs just want us to poop in a hole and you're what's wrong with this country.
Pro-evolution = this is a Christian country, don't teach that to my kids and you're what's wrong with this country.

Elon is pro-all of those things and you guys are like...Elon is saving freedom and this country!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
More dangerous for those who control the media (make no mistake, Twitter is the media) to be the arbiters of truth than for someone to latch on to a crack pot piece of news. There was “fake news” long before the internet. Every grocery store check out counter sold the National Enquirer and the Weekly World News and there was no public outcry. Let’s be honest, main stream social media is censoring conservatives every chance they get. The truth always comes out though.
Because conservatives are the ones most often falling for misinformation. And when that information becomes dangerous like QAnon something has to be done.

Because a lot of people on this board have been making false equivalency arguments and speaking in absolutes when talking about Dems or liberals. Pro-choice = burn in hell and you're what's wrong with this country
Pro-climate change = libs just want us to poop in a hole and you're what's wrong with this country.
Pro-creation = this is a Christian country, don't teach that to my kids and you're what's wrong with this country.

Elon is pro-all of those things and you guys are like...Elon is saving freedom and this country!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

No one's saying Elon is saving this country. He's advocating for free speech, which is commendable, especially because the left currently is not. Do you really not understand that?

As for your other arguments about "absolutes", you conveniently left out the other side of the coin.

Pro-life = you don't like partial birth abortions and people glorifying and cheering for abortions in general? You don't want women to have any rights!
LGBTQ = you're uncomfortable with grown men identifying as women and are denying that men can get pregnant? You're a bigot!
Climate change = you question our claims that we're headed for imminent catastrophe (a claim that has been around for over 50 years) and think our proposed methods for combating it is just political grandstanding that doesn't actually help the issue? You're greedy and denying the science! (No idea where you got the "libs want us to poop in a hole" argument from, never heard that one.)

Pro-creation - I think you meant pro-evolution? I'm not sure where you're going with that one.

Because conservatives are the ones most often falling for misinformation. And when that information becomes dangerous like QAnon something has to be done.
just leaving this here

BidenTrumpVoterNumbers_Charts2_2.png

It is always but something with you. Conservatives don't care which side of the aisle they come from. Lock them up if they are guilty.
Your side wants children to be groomed starting in kindergarten, so you can kindly ...............
Are you really so susceptible to propaganda as to believe anyone on the left wants to groom kids to be gay? Why are so many on the right threatened by the LGBTQ community? I know a lot of gay people very well and almost all of them are very productive contributors to society who are in in stable, healthy long term relationships. BTW, none of them were turned gay, they were all born that way.

BTW, it is a fact that most child sexual abuse takes place in the home or other places of trust like the church. If republicans have decided this is their new crusade, let's focus on where the actual problem occurs. It isn't kindergartens.

I'm more than happy to ready your best supporting evidence proving that people aren't born gay and I will promise a thoughtful response.

Not that I necessarily disagree with you here, but he can't be proven wrong on this either. There's no concrete evidence of a "gay gene" or something that would indicate being gay is something you're born as. But there's also no concrete evidence that it's a matter of environment or circumstance.

It's ambiguous and complex.

The Bible also tells us the earth is 6000 years old. It isn't.
Who said it wasn't?
Some scientists?

Look, I am not saying it is one way or another but I don't put my trust in man to tell me how old something is. They are only using man made dating to determine anything. They are fallible.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
Not that I necessarily disagree with you here, but he can't be proven wrong on this either. There's no concrete evidence of a "gay gene" or something that would indicate being gay is something you're born as. But there's also no concrete evidence that it's a matter of environment or circumstance.

It's ambiguous and complex.
Science shows otherwise. Also think about this, throughout history being gay in most societies has been the greatest taboo that drew instant public condemnation, shaming or worse....death. What does the Bible say about homosexuals and how they should be treated? Parents have disowned children and loved ones never spoken to again or unable to go home just because of who they love. I cannot imagine anyone choosing to live that life on purpose and subject themselves to such horrors.

Science shows otherwise. Also think about this, throughout history being gay in most societies has been the greatest taboo that drew instant public condemnation, shaming or worse....death. What does the Bible say about homosexuals and how they should be treated? Parents have disowned children and loved ones never spoken to again or unable to go home just because of who they love. I cannot imagine anyone choosing to live that life on purpose and subject themselves to such horrors.

Science and God don't mix.
That is because it is a mental illness. They chose it because they are mentally ill and lost.
Jesus loves the sinner, not the sin. Any parent that shuns their children over this is in the wrong as well.

Look, we get it, you aren't a Christian and you don't believe in God. Let's just leave it at that.

You are making an argument for thought control. QAnon is a fringe group, but people have the right to think for themselves. That is one of the principles that our nation was founded on.

Reactions: MassachusettsDawg

While I agree with you that gays throughout history have been horribly victimized, accepting them as people that should have their human rights protected as vigorously as any other person and believing RuPaul in full drag reading to second graders isn't appropriate are 2 completely different subjects. I don't want the wife of a Southern Baptist preacher conducting bible study in a public school class any more than I want the wife of an Imam breaking out prayer rugs. Imo, that aspect of childhood belongs to the parents as does when, where, why and how a child is taught about sexuality in all it's forms.

I support free speech. However there is so much propaganda out there sometimes something has to be done. Some people lack the education and critical thinking skills to differentiate between legitimate sources and some crazy thing someone put on the internet to manipulate them.
Nothing in your statement actually bolsters your position of supporting free speech.

1) “sometimes something has to be done” = free speech should only be free sometimes. That is by definition, “conditional speech”. And who decides when?

2) “ some people lack…” = and welcome to your defense of the nanny state. God forbid people be accountable for themselves. They must be protected from themselves, they are too stupid to decide for their own good.

actually - there is another answer to this. Let Twitter censor away.. and treat them like a publisher. MAKE THEM LIABLE for the content on their platform. If they are gonna censor, then they are accountable for all of it! pipes ( like the phone network) are dumb. Anything that goes in, comes out the other end. If they want protection from liability, be a pipe.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
Pro-evolution = this is a Christian country, don't teach that to my kids and you're what's wrong with this country.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
In reality, most conservatives take a middle ground approach to many of the topics you listed, but we get tired of being labeled a bigot when we have the opinion that a person born with a penis shouldn’t be allowed to compete in women’s sports. We tire of being accused of being anti-science when we challenge made up climate declarations like “climate catastrophe within 20 years” when mainstream news organizations report those kinds of statements as facts. We also tire of every news article referring to every opinion made by a conservative with the disclaimer “incorrectly stating” on something that is a matter of opinion.

Two different arguments here so I'll address each.

First, this article is not proof that the "science shows otherwise". Infrequent occurrences of homosexual behavior from wild animals (usually in heat) do not prove that homosexuality is something that human beings are born with. Now, I'm not saying that it is 100% false, but as of now there is no concrete evidence that it is true.

Second, I'm not arguing against how the Bible views homosexuality, and my views on the matter are not determined by the Bible. You've inferred a few times in this thread that everyone who disagrees with you is a religious conservative Republican, and that is not the case.

Are you really saying that being gay is a mental illness?
What I am saying is, you aren't born that way, therefore if a person chooses to make that choice knowing the things they may face, got to be something mental going on there.
Gender confusion-mental illness.
Trans- mental illness.

Reactions: Spe77
He probably also believes Jesus was a blue-eyed white man.

I truly believe if Jesus were to return in anything approximating his original form, he would be branded a radical middle-eastern communist.
Nah, I know Jesus was from the Middle East. I read the Bible.
You should try it.

Reactions: willdup
What I am saying is, you aren't born that way, therefore if a person chooses to make that choice knowing the things they may face, got to be something mental going on there.
Gender confusion-mental illness.
Trans- mental illness.
So why did you choose to be heterosexual?

Reactions: shonuff253
I was born that way.
OK. Some people are born a different way. That's all. You are attracted to the opposite sex and they are attracted to the same sex. It's not a choice, just as it is wasn't for you. Nothing wrong with that.

OK. Some people are born a different way. That's all. You are attracted to the opposite sex and they are attracted to the same sex. It's not a choice, just as it is wasn't for you. Nothing wrong with that.
No, that's impossible. If you are born as a man with a penis, you are attracted to women with a vagina and vice versa. There is no other natural way. PERIOD. Everything other than this is an abomination to God.

It okay that you are not a Chrisitan and don't believe in the Word of God.

Reactions: Spe77
Dude I don't really care if he buys Twitter or not I just find it incredibly hilarious that you guys are throwing your full weight behind Musk even though he's a self-proclaimed transhumanist.

I mean.....do you guys know what tranhumanism is?

16e
They are too busy getting hot and bothered by the prospect of future owning of libs to be concerned by the fact Musk wants to hasten the singularity.
You have both deflected away from the original topic of the thread in back to back post. Ironic.

I could not care less about Twitter's corporate makeup, even though I depend on the platform in some ways (my feed is highly-curated, and I find it valuable to follow writers I like vs. outlets or what editors want me to follow). I don't see Elon Musk as an avatar of free speech, either, but it doesn't offend me to know that he might be running the show. I mean - is "Jack" any less of a jackass? Why are all these billionaires so desperate for attention? I don't get it. One should read this before celebrating him as some kind of iconoclast (and I share this not to partake in Musk-bashing, but just to note that he's not all that different than any other CEO. He's a businessman).
Ridiculous analysis of transparency with proprietary tesla info vs what he might do with free speech.

Ridiculous analysis of transparency with proprietary tesla info vs what he might do with free speech.
yeah, that's not what the article was doing - you stopped reading too soon. "When Tesla ran into image problems in China, the company responded by asking the Chinese government to censor critical posts by social media users there, Bloomberg reported last year."

No, that's impossible. If you are born as a man with a penis, you are attracted to women with a vagina and vice versa. There is no other natural way. PERIOD. Everything other than this is an abomination to God.

It okay that you are not a Chrisitan and don't believe in the Word of God.
I'm glad I have your permission to not be a Christian since I was not born that way.

What do you mean it's impossible. Some people are attracted to a person of the same sex; why don't you ask some and you will find that it is natural to them. What is not natural to them is people like you who say you can't accept that. You can believe what you think God says, but to not be tolerant of others is not healthy at all.

Did you just make a comment that isn't mindless bitching about Governor DeSantis? Well done, love to see the progress!

And while I disagree that it's a mental illness, he's entitled to that opinion and it doesn't make him a "very sick, sick individual".
The medical community does not consider being gay as a mental illness. Believing in that is not an opinion; you can't make up your own medical or scientific facts. You can believe there were problems with the 2020 election because certain things were questionable (not that they have been proven to any great extent), but if you say your opinion is that the world is flat and insist on that, I would say that person has the mental illness.

I'm glad I have your permission to not be a Christian since I was not born that way.

What do you mean it's impossible. Some people are attracted to a person of the same sex; why don't you ask some and you will find that it is natural to them. What is not natural to them is people like you who say you can't accept that. You can believe what you think God says, but to not be tolerant of others is not healthy at all.
Where do you see I am not tolerant. I know you won't believe this but,
I used to have a friend taht was gay, died recently of AIDS.
We hung out at all the football parties every weekend when I lived in Panama City Beach. Great guy. I hugged him every time we arrived at the parties, and every time when we left. Just a regular guy except he was gay. I never said a word to him. Only thing wrong with him was he was an FSU fan.

He wasn't born that way. He used to be married to a woman forever and when that was over he CHOSE to be gay.

What do you mean, what I think God says.
It is all over the Bible. You could not only use scripture but common sense after he created man and woman so they could populate the earth that HE created.
Tell me oh wise one, how would the earth be populated if GOD made man and woman to be attracted to the same sex. God makes it clear it is a sin to be homosexual. Homosexuality is just like all other sin. You can't live in it and think you will go to Heaven.
Like I said, it is pointless to have this discussion with a non believer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT